Adding new Unit - Problems

Houman

TR Team Leader
Hi All,

First of All I have already read all of the "How to" Threads. But I see all the time a knight instead of the Cataphract unit. I am trying since 3 hours...

The Cataphract is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22289&perpage=20&display=&pagenumber=11

CIV3 : PTW 1.21f

I have added a directory called \CIV3PTW\Scenarios\TETurkhan\Art\Units\Cataphract

There is the INI file which is also named Cataphract.ini

In the \CIV3PTW\Scenarios\TETurkhan\Text\PediaIcons.txt

I have added the lines
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Cataphract
Cataphract

and

#ICON_PRTO_Cataphract
art\civilopedia\icons\units\15knightlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\units\15knightsmall.pcx

I have added with the Editor a new Unit which is also named exactly 'Cataphract', with the small Knight Icon and different values.

In the game the Unit has the values as I have set before as a Cataphract, but it looks like a Knight. It can not load the Animation, why?? ( I load the Scenario of Tethurkan)

Thank you
Houman

Hi Houman,

I know these things can be frustrating. It sounds like you forgot to change the entry under "Civilopedia Entry" in the editor. It sounds like you currently have "PRTO_Knight" instead of "PRTO_Cataphract".

So, you would have a new unit with different stats, but it would pull the old Knight animation instead of the new Cataphract animation.

Hope this helps. :)

--CK

EDIT: Oops, I didn't realize you had another thread with the same exact question, but I'm glad my answer was correct. :)

Top Bottom