More bombards and other war machines! (a request)

embryodead

Caliph
Can somone make some bombards? There's is aaglo's Siege Cannon, but we (well, I do for sure ;) ) need more! For example:

Medieval Mortar

embryodead

Caliph
Originally posted by aaglo
I'm thinking about updating the siegecannonattack.flc... I might as well try to do another type of siege. Like one like that mortar :)

Yes PLEASE :D

god_money

Prince
I don't know much about them, but perhaps something like
a siege tower,... a big ol' tower on wheels, portable, for those
long stroles in the park.

thestonesfan

A Client of Ron Kuby
I wish there were units that could only attack a certain improvement. For example, a siege engine which could only destroy walls or fortifications.

An early siege engine is sorely needed. Catapults weren't invented until Greek times, and even then, a siege engine was the only way you had a chance of taking a walled city.

god_money

Prince
As for an early siege engine, there's the Ballista & Stone Crossbow,... but as I'm finding out, those clever Greeks used a
stone- throwing devise - a sort of early pebble-shot, as seen
below:

Attachments

• stonethrower2.jpg
    stonethrower2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 265

hetairoi22

Of the House of Eorl
An ancient siege device and an assault tower would both be great for spicing up Ancient Times!! :) I also like the look of that early bombard!! :D ...And so on :mischief:

thestonesfan

A Client of Ron Kuby
Well, the ballista is pretty worthless as far as knocking down walls go. I was thinking more along the lines of Assyrian Siege Towers.

embryodead

Caliph
While siege tower would be cool, there are no rules right now that could be used for them. A simple idea of how this may be achieved: "can attack only cities" flag. Then it would be a normal ground unit with for example 4-0-1 stats... it could be used only to siege, and be captured...
C3C beta-testers, why don't you beat Firaxis up to make something to enable sieges?

Mithadan

Wandering Woodsman
Originally posted by thestonesfan
Well, the ballista is pretty worthless as far as knocking down walls go. I was thinking more along the lines of Assyrian Siege Towers.
I love the Assyiran siege towers. Back in Civ2 days, when if you didn't have a stack in a fortification your whole stack would die if the defender died, I thought a cool way to implement a siege tower would be a land-transport with a high defense value...or, even, wow, functioning as a mobile fortification. Now with Civ3, we can have land transports (even though the AI doesn't know what to do with 'em), but the stack doesn't all die if the defender dies. So, I guess my idea sucks rocks, eh? ;)

But if we can influence beta-testers to influence Firaxis, then...

1. Attack only cities flag, or...
2. Cannot attack (walled) cities flag
3. Destroys specific improvements only
4. Mounted unit flag (to take some heat off the "wheeled unit" flag.

(But this sort of thing's been buried in some stickied thread, right?)

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami

Mithadan

Wandering Woodsman
Cool, but I can't see a picture of it or download it from CDG -- no link for doing so! You say he posted it here at CFC?

aaminion00

Stoned
In the middle ages, when castles were under siege, the people in the city would oven dumb tar and boiling liquids over the wall and down at their attackers.

I really wish someone would make this. The way I see it, it'd be an immobile unit, that would come fairly cheap, with very weak attack (1) and hitpoints, but good defense for the medieval age (3 or 4). When you're being attacked by an onslaught of knights and you simply don't have the time to build a bunch of pikemen, or gather your forces to defend, you can simply build a few of these and have them fend of the enemy untill you can break the siege with your offensive units.

Anyone else who'd want this?

Mithadan

Wandering Woodsman
I'd want a boiling tar & rocks immobile defense unit, yes I would! :)

mrtn

Shaven not stirred
Originally posted by Mithadan
I'd want a boiling tar & rocks immobile defense unit, yes I would! :)
Me too, but how the hell should it look? :confused:

Mithadan

Wandering Woodsman
Originally posted by mrtn
Me too, but how the hell should it look? :confused:
Ha! Hadn't thought about that... Must think about that...

Top Bottom