(CLOSED: FP CODE CHANGE) Coruption FP (Beta 1.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DELTAsnake

Chieftain
On a map of Earth I have played alot of times, I've built a FP in LA, my normal palace is in NY. On Civ3 and the unpatched C3C Coruption in LA was limited to 1 sheild and 2 Gold after building a Police Station. Now with Patch 1.12 the coruption in LA is massive. And the coruption problems from 1.00 seem even worse in near-by cities on 1.12.

EDIT: BTW: I am using a new save file. I would have included it but I have some extra unit's in the game (F-22, AH-64, ect). Apart from the unit's all rules are normal.

Have you started this game pre-patch, or post? If it was pre-patch, then start a new game. If it were pre, then i cannot help you as I find FP actually works for me.

ironically i just came here to report what seems to be a problem with my 1.12b forgotten palace that i have just rush built with a leader. i built it in a town of 6 that i had conquered a few turns before. i'm no longer at war with the native population's country.

it's 1020 ad and i'm in monarchy, the town is losing 2 of 6 shields to waste and 4 of 6 coins to corruption. WHY?

it has a forgotten palace, it should be like my capitol and have no waste and no corruption.

when does my check come from Firaxis for being a beta tester? oh wait: i paid THEM for this game.

Originally posted by nihil8r
ironically i just came here to report what seems to be a problem with my 1.12b forgotten palace that i have just rush built with a leader. i built it in a town of 6 that i had conquered a few turns before. i'm no longer at war with the native population's country.

it's 1020 ad and i'm in monarchy, the town is losing 2 of 6 shields to waste and 4 of 6 coins to corruption. WHY?

it has a forgotten palace, it should be like my capitol and have no waste and no corruption.

forgotten palace? :lol: It's Forbidden Palace. Anyway, this was an intended move, but I'll keep this bug report open.

when does my check come from Firaxis for being a beta tester? oh wait: i paid THEM for this game.

When you get a job at Absolute Quality Inc, and work over at Firaxis HQ! :D

hey, it's my empire and i'll call it Coos-Coos-topia if i want to

but look at this, i am just heartbroken and ready to sue firaxis for creating a fraudulent gaming experience

if i build it in another nearby town it does the same thing

and of course all of this is happening in a native 1.12b conquests game that despite the 1/3 reduced bonus resources, generated a start position with three cows and wheat.

here is the game save ...

http://www.nihil8r.com/civ3/hof_germany2_27_build_fp_1050ad.SAV

nihil8r: The FP is reducing your corruption in both cities, and firaxis has said at this site that they have changed FP to be less than a Palace.

I would be interested to see this game later under other forms of gov't when the FP city is larger as compared to a relatively equal sized capital.

Originally posted by SewerStarFish
nihil8r: The FP is reducing your corruption in both cities, and firaxis has said at this site that they have changed FP to be less than a Palace.

I would be interested to see this game later under other forms of gov't when the FP city is larger as compared to a relatively equal sized capital.

It seems that it doesn't act like a second capital at all. I had cities on the opposite side of the map and put up the FP and it didn't do anything. It reduced corruption like it was another courthouse. My city (with the FP) was generating 7 shields and 6 were wasted leaving only 1 for production. This game is useless when you have any sized empire at all. Really disappointed with it now.

1.13 patch is out and it improves the FP, reduces corruption quite a bit. Try it out with your save game and see if its any better...

I'll close this one since it's out of date now. Try it with 1.13, since the corruption/FP code has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom