10 added ressources (MA/Fantasy)

Arne

King
Some time ago I made/converted some ressoruces especially for use in middle age or fantasy scenarios. I did only the ressources themself, there are only a few pedia icons (look or DL).

There are in the file [ressource -> possible use]:
  • carpet -> luxury esp. for arabic/islamic Civs
  • lamp -> Aladins Lamp, (I did it for a request here)
  • emerald -> replacement/addition for gems
  • ruby -> same as emerald
  • excalibur (DL pedia icons) -> strategig ress., makes arthurian knights possible
  • (holy) grail -> ress. needed for a wonder (wonder may build reliques)
  • horn (DL pedia icons) -> strateg. ress. needed for Berserker units
  • honey -> delicious luxury
  • dragon (DL pedia icons) -> flavour ressource
  • sea monster (DL pedia icons) -> nessie (adds gold [= trade] becouse of mass tourism :rolleyes: )

[edit: Updated with zip file after 23 DLs. For a preview of the updated file scroll down to 16th post.]
[edit2: removed zip and added PCX here, after 3 further DLs]
[edit3: added pedia icons for excalibur, horn, sea monster and dragon]
[edit4: full ressources with all pedia icons included]

download (new version)

Some of these are very nice. :goodjob:

I personally like the sea monster most. But I have no use for it in my projects. ;) Well, I have an idea... hm, we will see.

If somebody needs further gems colour versions, I allready had made some. But I think, there is not much need for other versions, so I didn't put it in this file.

I looked at this earlier and moved on without thinking any further, but I decided to take a second look and I discover the screenshot. Now I think I could use a couple of those for my mod. I would much rather use a dragon looking resource than an egg for dragons. As well the sword in the stone could be my Artifacts resource. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

the file is corrupted.. I tried several times from different browsers...
I guess it's not so important, because you can get the file from GIF preview, but I though I'll let you know...

Very nice indeed! Some good originals! These would be good for some upcoming major release of some major fantasy mod. <nudges EmbryoDead>

I might be using the carpet for my own personal scenarios. It's superb work.

Originally posted by embryodead
the file is corrupted.. I tried several times from different browsers...
I guess it's not so important, because you can get the file from GIF preview, but I though I'll let you know...
Well I see, but I have no idea, what happens. :confused: Like you can see in preview, it worked. I'll have a look at it and try to fix that as soon as possible. Thank you for the hint.

Originally posted by aaglo
One thing though:
- the aladdin lamp and the holy grail would look better if they had shadows :mischief:
Yes, agreed. I allready made an update, with shadows and some fixes for the grail, the lamp and some nice little other additions. I'll add a preview from updated version, with shadows in that file (no need to change resorces_shadows.pcx everytime if c&p).

But as long I have no solution for the palette-problem it is IMHO a mistake to upload another corrupted file. ;) Could be, I should zip it. But that's not a real fix for the problem, it only may be(?) a way to avoid this.
This is the problem with the corrupted file: All runs fine in editor and Civ3, but when uploaded the file and then downloaded + opend again in PSP, the palette is going mad.

here it works :)

I wonder how to use the horn... There will be a sub-mod for WH-Mod taking place in "cold north" where it would be suitable, but on the other hand it's just horn... plenty of them if cattle is around. I like the resource, but don't know how to name it to make it unique.

Top Bottom