Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Ok!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Bad!!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Luddi VII

Sheep farmer
Can only be played with Civilization III Conquests expansion pack!!

First I decided to not make this scenario, but for a while a go I solved a unit problem I hadn't seen.I not tell you what problem.So therefor I maked it after all.

It's start when Rommel's Africa Corps are going to attack Al Alamayn.You can only play as The Allies.The city placement is far from accurate and the city names can be a little wrong, so tell me if something are wrong.Install instructions are in the readme.

PTW units!!

This scenario requires the WWII units from PTW.If you have PTW and Conquests you can copy them from the extras folder.

If you only have Conquests and not PTW you can download them from LouLongs thread in the Unit Graphics forum(I haven't the address, but I'll think you find the thread) or from the CivIII Home site.Some of the units are in the WWII in the pacific conquest, so you can copy some they to.Here is a list of the required units.

Light tank(C3C)
MG Battalion(C3C)
Allied Carrier(C3C)
Japanese Carrier(C3C)
American Rifleman(C3C)
Anzac Rifleman(C3C)
Combat Engineer(C3C)
Churchill
Panther
Tiger II
Italian Rifleman
German Rifleman
German Heavy Machine Gun
German Flamethrower
German Anti-tank
American Anti-tank
P-51 Mustang
FW190

I'll think that was all the units you need.

The Scenario

Alliance 1
The Allies
Free French

At war with Alliance 1 and in Alliance 2:The Axis

The game is on 29 turns.The corruption is set on 10 in the first level and increase by 10 every next level.
Victory point score limit:50000.

Thanks to Smoking mirror for his Heavy artillery unit.

The Download

Second version:

TNAC v.1.02http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/TNAC_v.1.02.zip

Changes from version 1.0
-Added 8 cities to The Allies and 5 cities to The Axis
-Moved Gibraltar one tile
-Deleted all great wonders, only without The Pyramids, The Great Lighthouse and The Colussus
-Also deleted The Apollo Program small wonder
-Added one unit: the M3 tank

NOTE!!!!:I have discovered a bug, so you have to rename the scenario folder to TNAC v.1.0!!!Then it shall work!!:D

The map:

Any bugs,comments,suggestions or anything else about this scenario, please post.:D

I'll download this later tonite because I have 56.6k but from the screenshots I can tell you that you need more cities, no wonders, and that Al Alemayn's preferred name is Al Alemein..

Looks great, gone try it soon. Have to finish Israel'48 scenario first ;-)

@ great wonders

There is a simple way to prevent the building of wonders without deleting them in the editor/crashing the game.Create a tech called "Unbuildable" (choose none for "era", for the civ entry simple copy the entry of any other tech) and make this tech preq. for all great wonders which should not be in the scenario.

Isn't there some sort of geographical feature that made El Alamein the only place the Germans could attack ?? Which means there ought to be some terrain features which are impassable by tank to the south of the city :) Perhaps make desert (without road!) impassable by tank, and then make roadbuilding in the desert impossible (and only keep the existing road network).

In the south and southwest of El Alamein is the Cattara-Depression, a large swamp area.This could be included as marshland in the scenario (as impassable terrain-the Nildelta should contain floodplains instead).So the battle could be forced on this small corridor (moving to south through desert could be made unattractive by setting a special landmark terrain or generally raising movement cost for desert tiles)

EDIT: For some strange reason the game keeps crashing if I try to "open" El Alamein.It is possible to choose the units inside via right clicking, but clicking the city results in crash to desktop(without any error).Anyone who experienced this, too?

Hi
First of all
Great Szenario -- Good work --
Go on like this

Just for your szenario to be hist. correct:

During the North-Afrika Conflict Rommel never possesed Tiger Tanks. They were first brought out 1943 and tested in Russia when the Germans retreated and tried to fightback to catch Kiev again.
In Africa you had for example Panzer III D,E,F,G.

Greetings

The scenario crashes with the following error while loading:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,051
What??When I tested it it's worked.I don't understand.Oops now I get it.I think you must rename the scenario folder to TNAC v.1.01.I'm not sure, but you can try it.Tell me if it's isn't work.

Renaming to TNAC v1.0 makes it work.But the strange El Alamein crash is still there...never seen that before.Perhaps its related to the fact I use the Conquests beta 1.15...

Top Bottom