stANES: Rise of Empires

amirsan

King of all Kings
stANES1- Rise of Empires

Well I have decided to open this nes with the slowness of my last nes in SCC. Sinse the community is not strong over there yet, and I am still working on the site, I have decided to take a break from promoting it. Therefore, my first nes in the stANES series will begin. I am no longer a noob with modding. After many un-successful neses sinse my discovery of this addictive game in August 2003, I have learned from my mistakes, from others, and from just plainly spending so much time going back in the forum's archive to read over old NES'. Therefore, I am ready to realy start modding the right way and plan to make this nes fun, entertaining and enjoyful for you and I aswell. So welcome to stANES1- Rise of Empires!

Overview
This nes begins in 2000BC. Most games begin around 4000BC and 3000BC with the start of civilization, but I stand true to my title, which is the start of empires. Around this time in history is when the first actuall empires realy began to take form from the tribal and ancient governments they once had. This is when territory mattered and when small nations began to grow and when surrounding ones envied. You must take the place of an Emperor and bring your nation to life and take its stand to the test of time. It is the Age of Rising Empires.

Guidlines
-PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE JOINING:
I must tell you, that I realy do not quiters who join my nes' and then after the third turn decide to leave it. The rules will most likely not change from now and three turns, so if you like what you see, there shouldn't be a reason for you to quit later becuase of them. If you dont like what you see, then simple do not join. I rather have players that will play then players who will not.

I encourage you to join wherever you like and wherever you think you will have fun, or the most inspiration for writing. You can even make your own nation but dont make it stupid like "Poopyville". ;)

Updates will be every day to every other day in this nes until the time comes where more time is needed to do orders and diplo. I plan to get to the Middle Ages pretty quick (but not too fast). Expansion will be moderate, not to fast and not to slow. You will encounter barbarians and NPC. Some may be stronger, or very weak. Dont be discouraged, I dont realy intend on placing an NPC to take you out of a game. If there is a strong one, I expect that you would take him out strategically. Strategy maps, tactics will surely help you and CAN dramatically turn the tide of battle instead of just heading straight for the enemy lines.

Well thats all I have to say, now on to the real rules...

Rules
They are quite simple if you read them through.

ECONOMY
-Your economy is ran by levels that are represented by numbers. You start with an economy of 1, meaning you get 1 economy every turn for you to use on any other stat. You can increase this stat in a couple of ways. Most important way is cities.

In this game, cities will do much importance to your nation. Every city you gain will bump your economy level per turn by 1, and so on. You can gain cities by writing stories, random events based on your gaming, whatever. You can also buy cities, which will cost 10 economy levels payed over the course of two turns (this is subject to change). Cities are not only for economy, but they are also defense capable. If you control a city on an entrence of a peninsula, it will be extra harder for your enemies to get through. ;)

There are three levels for taxes on your people. Low will give you 1 economy for every city you control. Medium will give you x2 economy for every city you control. And High will give you x3 economy for every city you control. This comes for soon to be a large treasury of economy levels soon aswell, making this a very economy dynamic game.

You can bank your eco. per turn in which it will be safe from anyone's use.

Trade will also be a factor available in the first age. Trade costs 5 economy (subject to change) to make and for now, you can only start one for each nation (will be increased through time). One trade route increases your economy level per turn by 1.

Overview Example: Lets say I had 2 cities. Therefore my base eco. per turn is 2. I decide to increase taxes to High, therefore my eco per turn is now 6. Next turn I will have 6 gold.

MILITARY
Alright, for this, I will not be making a unit list with prices, I dont want to make you guys spend half an hour on orders. Instead, I will determine the number of troops, cavalry, artillery, etc. that you get for each economy based on your nations amount of land, and/or industry (agriulture etc). You can specify what type of military you would like to spend your economies on to make your military more dynamic and powerful. Defualt for this age is just Spearmen.

EDUCATION
This will determine how fast your advance from age to age and more importantly, what technologies you discover between ages. Your nation will aquire more abilities to build better weapons, tools or ways of life which will help the way your empire grows. With a better education, it will increase the chances of that happening. It costs 10 (subject to change) economy levels to increase your levels.

edit: Rule Change: -I have decided to change the rules on Education, I think that lowering the cost to 5 economy (subject to change) is better for *now* each level you increase will get you a random technology that benefits you in some way whether it be cultural, military, whatever, based on your trends of orders and stories. These techs can be traded only to those with the same of over the education level as yourself. :) You can, when getting towards an increase in education bend on researching a type of technology (like das did with Horseback Riding), it will higher the chances of you getting it. Age sucession will be determined on your education, technology, and industry.

INFASTRUCTURE/INDUSTRY:
This will determine the modernization of your nation. The more you spend in this stat, the faster you will be able to produce more things like troops, ships, roads, and everyday things needed in an empire like yours. Your people will be happier, and better. This will put an example to the nations around you. Many may migrate to your nation becuase of the prosperity shown in your nation (can even spark a new city). This is highly important to a nation. Should not be taken for granted.

Template
Nation Name
Ruler Name/CFC Name
Government (Monarchy, Republic, Despotism)
Religion:
Treasury/Per Turn: 0/2
Cities: 1
Taxes: Medium
Trade:
Army: 500 Spearmen
Navy: 3 Fishing Boats
Education: 0
Industry: 0

Well thats it. Have Fun!

Oh, and dont post until I say you can.

Player Stats

Mali
Xen
Government: Monarchy
Religion: African Tribal
Cities: 1 (Timbuktu: 3/10)
Trade:
Army: 1150 Spearmen, 500 Archers,
Education: 0 (2/5)
Industry: 2

Egypt
Rah / thebignastyone
Absolute Monarchy
Religion: Sun/Pharoah worship
Treasury/Per Turn: 0/4
Cities: 2 (???: 2/10)
Trade:
Army: 1944 Spearmen, 200 Archers

India
Panabi / Erik Mesoy
Government: Divine Monarchy
Religion: King Worship
Treasury/Per Turn: 0/6
Cities: 2
Taxes: High
Trade:
Army: 1230 Spearmen
Education: 1
Industry: 10

Slavia
Sejm / das
Government: Tribal Council
Religion: Perunism
Cities: 2 (Velikoslavsk: 10/10)
Trade:
Army: 800 Spearmen, 344 Archers, 266 Horsemen
Industry: 7

Scandinavic Empire
Svein blodaxe / King KNAS
Government: Despotism
Religion: Pagaism
Treasury/Per Turn: 0/2 (-1)
Cities: 1 (Vågå 6/10)
Trade:
Army: 1097 Spearmen
Industry: 4

The Jomsviking Empire
The Arnesen Family / Finmaster
Government: Republic
Religion: Paganism
Trade:
Army: 500 Spearmen, 200 Militia Peasants
Navy: 58 Fishing Boats
Education: 0 (3/5)
Industry: 1

Dallantia
Turrigga / Gladinia
Religion: Reganism
Cities: 1 (Evandaria 4/10)
Trade:
Army: 380 Spearmen

England
King Henry/alex994
Religion: Celtic Polytheism
Treasury/Per Turn: 3/2
Trade:
UU: 3 English Tireme
Education: 1 (Sails)
Industry: 3

Carthage
conehead234
Treasury/Per Turn: 0/3
Cities: 1 (???: 7/10)
Trade:
Army: 1100 Spearmen

NPC NATIONS

The Holy Order of Dalaran
ArchBishop Khadgar II/NPC
Government: Theocracy
Religion: Anti-Greek/Titanic Pantheon (Tirasfalain)
Trade:
Army: 600 Footmen
Navy: 10 Fishing Boats
Education: 0 (1/5)
Industry: 1

Collection of African Coasts (COAC)
Gunta Kente/NPC
Government Despotism
Religion: Allah is allmighty
Treasury/Per Turn: 0/6
Cities: 2 (Ghana: 10/10)
Trade:
Army: 700 Spearmen

GrossDeutschland
Frederick II / NPC
Government : Monarchy
Religion: Norse
Treasury/Per Turn: 16/4
Trade:
Army: 423 Spearmen

Rome
NPC
Treasury/Per Turn: 4/2
Trade:
Army: 800 Spearmen

Thrace
NPC
Religion: Polythiesm
Treasury/Per Turn: 4/4
Trade:
Army: 1300 Spearmen

Hittites
NPC
Religion:
Trade:
Army: 364 Spearmen, 455 Archers
Navy: 9 Fishing Boats

Happarans
NPC
Religion:
Cities: 1 (???: 9/10)
Trade:
Army: 1000 Spearmen
Navy: 0 Fishing Boats

Danevirke
NPC
Religion:
Cities: 1 (Copetown: 9/10)
Trade:
Army: 600 Spearmen

Netherlands
NPC
Religion:
Treasury/Per Turn: 2/2
Trade:
Army: 600 Spearmen, 700 Archers

Sweden
NPC
Cities: 1 (???: 9/10)
Trade:
Army: 800 Spearmen, 200 Archers
Industry: 3

Mongol Khanate
NPC
Despotism
Religion: Military Blood Cult (most citizens nominally atheist)
Trade:
Navy: N/A
UU: 813 Horse Archers

Greek Empire
NPC
Religion: Greek Polytheism (Focused on Athena)
Trade:
Army: 700 Spearmen, 400 Archers
Education: 1 (1/5 Economies)

Norewegian Empire
NPC
Treasury/Per Turn: 7/1
Taxes: Low
Trade:

Smolensk
NPC
Treasury/Per Turn: 7/1
Trade:

Caspians
Army: 800 Spearmen each state
Economy: 6

Assyrian Empire
NPC
Treasury/Per Turn: 5/2
Trade:
Army: 1200 Spearmen, 600 Archers, 650 Chariots

Poland
NPC
Treasury/Per Turn: 5/1
Trade:

Barbarians
Mandagloves: 600 Horse Archers
Mongol Rival Tribe: 300 Horse Archers
Viking Tribes: 600 Spearmen, 300 Archers
Dallantian Rivals: 588 Spearmen
Nigeria: 700 Spearmen, 200 Chariots
Scot Picts: 1000 Spearmen, 10 Triremes
Nubians: 600 Archers, 200 Spearmen
Macedonians: 1000 Phalanxe, 500 Bowmen

Technology of the World
Here you will see all the technologies researched and obtained by several civilizations.

-Horseback Riding: A technology that allows the construction of Horsemen.
Upgrade: Increase Trade Value becuase of speed. (Cost: 3 Economy)
Nations: Slavia, Athenian Empire

-Advanced Masonry: This brings the value of much defense to your nation. It protects, though must be ordered to

arm if an attack is suspected.
Upgrade: Much stronger walls, liable of killing enemy troops as they pass. (Cost: 2 Economy)
Nations: Dallantia

-Sails: All ships are less tender and much faster at sea.
Upgrade: Bigger load of troops into ships. (Cost: 2 Economy)
Nations: England

-Mathematics: Allows the construction of Catapults.
Upgrade: Gain a random economy when having a vault of over 1 economy. (Cost: 3 Economy)
Nations: Collection of African Coasts

-Iron Working: Allows the construction of Short Swordsmen.
Upgrade: Better armoured swordsmen. (Cost: 2 Economy)
Nations: Athenian Empire, Slavia

Mali
Ruler-I need to find our more on mali history first, so wait a turn or two, then a new great king will come ;)
Government -Monarchy
Religion: African Tribal
Trade:

Mongol Khanate
Ghengis Khan Temujin / Grandmaster
Despotism
Religion: Military Blood Cult (most citizens nominally atheist)
Trade:
Army: 600 Spearmen (Mongolia is landlocked, so I gave myself some extra soldiers)
Navy: N/A

On the barren steppes of Central Asia, nomadic tribes constantly fought for the scarce resources of the land. One such tribe was the Karakorum, a clan of nomadic herders. Like all such tribes, the Karakorum were skilled horsemen; the wide open expanses of the steppes demanded that every man, woman, and child know how to ride. And like all other tribes, the Karakorum were fierce mounted warriors.

The Karakorum were engaged, at this particular time, in a war with the Tartars, a tribe from the frigid north. For nearly 40 years the tribes had been at war, and three generations of Karakorum men had fought and died against the Tartar horsemen. The Karakorum fought in the way of their people, with long wooden spears from horseback. The Tartars, however, were mounted archers, skilled marksman and riders who could chase you down at a gallop and shoot you dead without stopping. For this reason, the Tartars had constantly defeated the Karakorum, forcing them farther and farther south, nearly into the wasteland of the Gobi Desert.

Early one morning, almost exactly at dawn, a party of Tartar riders had descended upon the camp of the Karakorum. The tribesmen were asleep when the Tartars crashed into their temporary home, launching their deadly arrows at every man, woman, and child they could find. It was in this way that Kublai Batu, the tribe's nominal chief, met his end. His infant son, only 4 years of age, watched from his hiding place benath a large fur pelt, as a Tartar fighter loosed two arrows into his chest at close range. The boy, fightened, hid until the fighting was over. His mother had miraculously survived, and along with the others, begin moving south to escape the Tartars.

The boy, named Temujin, grew amongst his tribe in the following years. It soon became obvious that he was exceptionally skilled at riding, and was also a brilliant tactician. Many thought he was destined to become the tribe's chief, as his father had been. But his enemies within the tribe would not allow it.

Fearing for her son's life, Temujin's mother told him to flee the camp and ride north to meet up with another, friendly, tribe. No sooner had he left than his rivals, the current co-chiefs of the tribe, descended on his mother's tent and killed her. He would have found the same fate, had he stayed.

Two years passed, as Temujin lived among another tribe. He was now 16 years of age, and the finest warrior the steppes had ever seen. Hatred burned within him, both for the Tartars who had killed his father, and the Karakorum traitors who had murdered his mother in cold blood. He vowed revenge. As such, when the proper day came, he picked up his spear and mounted his horse, and set out south to find his ancestral tribe.

After two weeks of riding, he found them. The same chieftains who had murdered his mother still reigned. However, they had grown old and fat and weak in the same period of time in which he had grown lean and strong. He waited, watching the camp from atop a nearby hill, observing how his targets lived. When the time was right, he rode down toward the tents, and come nightfall, he struck.

Temujin burst into the first man's tent with all the fury of hell. As the man rolled out of his coarse horsehair bed, Temujin's horse reared back and, along with its rider, let out a cry that awakened the very desert. As the murderous chief's eyes went wide with fear and realization, Temujin struck forward, driving his spear into the man's chest. He quickly wheeled his horse around and rode out of the tent. Finding the second chief standing outside, clutching a short knife, Temujin laughed. He charged stright at the man, and bounded over him as he rolled to avoid the speeding horse. As he tried to rise off the ground, Temujin turned his horse around and threw his spear, right into the murderer's back. His mother's death avenged, Temujin began to ride away. However, something bizarre happened.

The tribespeople watching the skirmish had recognized the warrior at once. He was the exact image of his father, tall, lean, and strong. They recognized the scar that had been cut across his face as a child, when a frightened horse had run and knocked down his tent on top of the young boy. And now, with the false chiefs dead, the tribe needed a leader. The men of the tribe called on Temujin to lead them, and he agreed. From now on, Temujin would be Khan of the Karakorum.

But that wasn't enough for the ambitious young warrior. The Karakorum and Tartars had settled into an uneasy peace, with the Tartars now dominating the (relatively) fertile land the Karakorum had once inhabited. Temujin was determined to take his revenge on the tribe that had killed his father. And he knew how to do it.

He had seen, while living amongst the northern Bulgan tribe, the effectiveness of Tartar horse archery. He had seen the Tartar riders shoot fast game while chasing them on horseback. He had seen Tartar men in their duels of honor, wheeling their horses around in a circle, shooting at each other. And now he would turn this tactic against the Tartar enemies who had taught it to him.

Temujin had been taught, amongst the Bulgan, to build a powerful new type of bow. It was called a "reflex bow", and its unusual shape allowed it to create immense power with only a small pull on the string. This, coupled with the knowledge of arrowmaking he had learned in the north, would serve his people well. He taught these skills to all the men, and soon every Karakorum male of fighting age had a reflex bow and enough stone-tipped wooden arrows to last him through at least two battles. Armed with these new weapons, the Karakorum horde rode north to seek out the Tartars.

It wouldn't take long to find them. Most of the Tartars were concentrated in a single wandering clan, a single camp in the middle of the area they controlled. The few years of peace had allowed the Tartars to concentrate on growing a few crops in the barren soil, and on raising sheep, rather than preparing for war. As such, when Temujin's army arrived, the Tartars were unprepared.

Temujin raised his spear into the air, and called to his people. "Warriors! Riders! Mongols! I expect every one of you to show no mercy to our enemies. The Tartars chased our fathers across the land for 40 years; today, we end the pursuit at this very spot. Give them no quarter, as they gave none to us. Allow them no chances, as they gave none to us. Kill them all with extreme prejudice, and in the spilling of their blood, rejoice and be cleansed of the years of defeat and humiliation! Tonight, we will take pleasure from the bodies of their wives and daughters amongst the fallen bodies of their men! On my call, charge!

With the word, the Karakorum horde swept down upon the Tartar camp. The men hurried to gather their weapons and put up a fight, but most were to late. The Karakorum entered the rows of tents, and went from shelter to shelter, shooting the Tartar men and lads where they stood. About half of the Tartar warriors managed to get horses and weapons and flee onto the plains, and Temujin's horse archers gave chase, only a few lingering behind to put the camp to the torch.

The Karakorum chased the Tartars some distance across the steppes until the Tartars turned to fight. They stopped their horses and formed a line to fire upon their pursuers; this would prove a deadly mistake. Rather than allow them to fire accurately upon the advancing Karakorum, stopping made the Tartars sitting targets for Karakorum arrows. A wave of arrows flew from the Karakorum line, and cut down the Tartars before they could shoot. The Karakorum riders closed the distance quickly, and began a close-range, deadly shootout with their enemies.

Within an hour of closing ranks, it was over, and the Tartars had been destroyed.

As Temujin had promised, the Karakorum took much pleasure that night from the wives and daughters of the slaughtered Tartars. It was on this night that Temujin set down the immortal words that would spur forward Mongol soldiers for centuries: "There is no greater pleasure known to man than to conquer other men, to take their wives and daughters, to drink their wine, and eat their food."

The Karakorum hordes had learned much in the fight against the Tartars. Karakorum soldiers began formulating new battle tactics, thinking up new weapons, and improving their skills. With such a mighty force behind him, Temujin set out to fulfil his ultimate ambition: to unite all the Mongol tribes of the steppes. Over the next 10 years, he and his allies set out conquering and coelescing the other tribes, until all the Mongols were united under a single banner. Temujin, as ruler of all the Mongols, took a new title for himself: Ghengis Khan, the Universal Ruler.

His first new act was to establish a permanent settlement which would serve as a power base for his people. He chose a spot on the the banks of the Selenge River where he had beheaded the chief of the final resisting tribe, and here ordered the building of the city of Karakorum. This would serve as Temujin's capital, from which the Mongols could spread across the world.

Orders:
-Establish the city of Karakorum (on the Selenge River... look at a map of Mongolia)
-Increase army (all UU)

Mongol UU:
-Horse Archer: Skilled nomadic horseman, with thousands of years of horsemanship tradition flowing through their blood, trained to ride from a young age. Armed with reflex bows, stone-tipped arrows, and stone-tipped spears, they are highly aggressive and very fast, excelling at cavalry skirmishes and raids, but also good at attacking regular infantry.

GrossDeutschland
Frederick II
Government : Monarchy
Religion: Norse
Cities: 1 (Berlin)
Trade:

Nation Name: Athenian Empire
Ruler Name/CFC Name: Pericles / North King
Religion: Greek Polytheism (Focused on Athena)
Trade:

Start me in... Well... Athens. ;)

Orders-

creat a new city south east of the capital city, increse infrasturcture by builing a road to it, other wise, send 100 warriors in every directionn to claim land, leaving 100 at the capital, if they should come across ehavy resistence, they are to return to the capital, unless it is small force that can be easilly over taken

Nation Name: Carthage
Ruler Name/CFC Name: King Howard/AnarchyRulz
Cities: 1 (Carthage)
Trade:

With less school work, I can finally return to NESs

Come outta retirement for Amir, and only Amir, and I've brought a good friend back with me.... I think you know who it is....

Egypt
Rah/thebignastyone
Absolute Monarchy
Religion: Sun/Pharoah worship
Trade:

Ill story it up later...

Orders:
Create my capital on the nile, Memphis, IE build a city there. With my new money, start contruction of a city, Kom el-Ahmar, at the mouth of the nile, and expand out accordingly.

Nation Name: India
Ruler Name/CFC Name: Panabi / Erik Mesoy
Government: Divine Monarchy
Religion: King Worship
Treasury/Per Turn: 0/3
Trade:

Gonna post more later, for now, orders are to
increase Industry with 2 tax points.

Send 50 warriors in each cardinal direction, then 50 more coming up behind them in case of unfriendly natives, also to bring up supplies and establish a proper trail.

Story coming here...
Panabi looked around and swallowed nervously as the litter shook under him. His father's early death had made him King by Divine Right, and now he shivered in horror not knowing quite what he would do.
One thing, however, was certain. He would build the scattered villages into a nation. His father had been tired by much traveling, drinking and visits to brothels... Under Panabi the nation would be more coordinated, and built up into a stronger position. Brothels would be outlawed, and even if he could not forbid drinking, he would to his best to make it reasonable.
*later*
"And increase the tax rates by half," said Panabi, now used to command and speaking increasingly often with a voice of authority.
"But my lord-"
"I said DO IT!" he shouted to the quaking advisor. "and impose a tax of labor, too. We can only build the nation if we have the resources and manpower for it."
Soon the message spread from throne room to courtiers and heralds, who announced it to the grumble of many peasants. However there was not too much grumbling, as the first construction was to be a large public drinking-house with four men to carry home those who fainted, and the new King seemed in no hurry to build his own palace and encourage his own vanity.

scene change
A few dozen men sat gathered around a campfire as two of their number roasted whole a huge cow.
"It's nearly done," said the one, prodding at it with his spear.
"Carve off a slice and let's try it!" called another back. The first one did so, handing it to the second man with a curse over all those impatient. The second politely replied with a curse over those who were tardy.
"Ahh, stop it. We'll never get it done if you continues like that!" muttered another one.
"What you say we make camp here? We're nearly a month's march from the closest village, and the game is plentiful." said a fourth.
"I'd agree," said the third, "if only you fetched water. If you listened to the advance party, the nearest river is three days march northwest."
"Stop your grumbling!"
And so the low-key babble continued into the night.
Four days later (one man had twisted an ankle) they arrived at a river.
"A natural ford!" exclaimed one, seeing the stoens which had recently fallen from no discernible whereabouts. The other muttered agreement and some made signs invoking the gods.
"Where are Carn and Dumble?" said someone. "they should have met us here.
"Yoo-hoo!" called a voice from upstream. It was Carn. He and Dumble had already built a crude sort of shelter. "There's loads of good wood about here. I wager we could have a ghendi (native word for large hut) built by the time the second party gets here!"

Begin construction of the city of Carnummel (named partly after the first two to reach it) on a nearby river, no idea quite where I am so I can't say which one, with 1 economy point.

OOC: Here I'm using "scattered cluster of villages" for "capital". They will grow together into one large town eventually.

Start me in Kiev, Ukraine.

Slavia
Daroslav/das
Religion: Perunism
Trade:

Story:

For many days, the Slavs, people of the East, though some say of the South, have travelled to the West, searching better lands. They travelled away from Volga, and towards the Sea of Rage, the Black Sea. As they went, they ran out of food. They prayed to the gods, but only one answered - Perun, the god of rivers and life, the father of all gods. He gave them the river of Don, and they caught many fish and animals who came to drink of it's waters.

And they went farther. Later along, the two greatest chieftains - Toporvrag and Lukoboi - have angered and insulted each other, and fought one another for days. No one won, no one lost. The Znakhars (shamans) and Volhvs (prophets) asked for an omen. Yet none of the gods replied, until Daroslav, a young hunter, found a new river - Dniepr. There, he slept for three days, and saw wise dreams, and the Volhvs and the Znakhars said - Perun chose him. Thus Daroslav became the Voevod of All Slavs.

He led his people to Dniepr, and they settled there, and built the city of Kiev. But there, they were attacked by Scythians, wild men who dwelled in these lands. They ferociously attacked Kiev, though Slavs fought stalwartly. And Daroslav, and Toporvrag, and Lukoboi, and Znakhars, and Volhvs, and all the Slavs - all called out to the gods. They called for Svarog to bring his fiery rain of death on the Scythians, yet none came. Only one god replied, for there was only one true god - Perun. He opened Dniepr, and it's waters surrounded Kiev, killing Scythians, sparing Slavs. Then the waters returned. And then Daroslav declared - Perun is the only god, for only he listened to the Slavs. And thus Slavia begun.

Orders:

- Put all money gained today into the treasury.
- 100 Spearmen are to guard Kiev.
- 400 Spearmen are to expand in ALL directions.
- The 3 Fishing Boats are to explore Dniepr southwards.

Im back!

Nation Name: Scandinavic Empire
Ruler Name/CFC Name: Svein blodaxe/ King Volum
Government (Monarchy, Republic, Despotism) Despotism (I rule all :evil:)
Religion: Pagaism(Sp?) Where headens muwhahaha
Trade:

Orders:
Send 75 spearmen, North, South, East and West
Leave 50 Spearmen in the Capital.
Send 50 spearmen north to found a new city (I start in Oslo)
This city shall forever be known as Vågå ;)

I hope i will have time to make a story later.

Just so u know, the most busy times of the schoolyear is comming, so i dont know how much spare time i will have now.

Still slightly confused on Economy: Banking, per turn, income, increased, etc...
Each turn I have Treasury + Per Turn to spend, right, otherwise I couldn't do anything the first turn... [/B]

same here :o

Template
Nation Name: The Jomsviking Empire (simply "Jomsvikings" for short)
Ruler Name/CFC Name: the Arnesen Family / Finmaster
Trade:

Start me in Iceland, Reykjavik, which will also be my capital city.

Jomsvikings
ORDERS:
-expand to all directions with all spearmen
-bank the money I have

From The Landnamabok (landnama-book) of the Jomsviking Sagas: Ingolf Arnesen

Ingolf became the most famous Icelander, since he was the first to step on the "uninhabited land" (Translator's note: in reality some barbarians, propably Irish and Norwegian from heritage, were living on the island, so basically Ingolf and Leif couldn't have been the first inhabitants, they were just the first Jomsvikings in there) and decided to start living there. Ingold and his partner, Leif Rodmarsson, had committed a murder for self-defence in their old homeland and had decided to run away with their fishing boats - and with small amount of followers, they came to the northern, desolate island of Iceland. The Gods themselves had told these to men to travel there, up north, with their entire fortune with them. Ingolf had carried great pictures of Gods with him and threw them to the ocean before landing on Iceland; it was his plan to later search for them from the shores of the island and start his capital city where-ever these relics would land.

Ingolf landed in southeastern Iceland, near Vatnajökull, where he spent a winter together with Leif and their followers. One day during that winter barbarians attacked and killed Leif. Barbarians sailed to hide on a nearby island, but Ingolf found them and killed them. Now he was the leader of Jomsvikings all alone.

He kept searching for the relics which he had thrown to the ocean, but couldn't find them - until 2 years later, when he found them from the other side of the island, by the coast of a rocky valley that had geysers nearby. That's where he started his capital city, which he named "Reykjavik" because of those geysers (meaning "bay of smokes").

This started the Landnama-period in the Jomsviking history, meaning the time when the island of Iceland was slowly but steadily getting inhabitated by Jomsvikings.

Top Bottom