Female Knight

muffins

Lemon scented
One week ago I didn't have a clue about making Civ3 units ...

... now, one week on, I've made my fourth unit :p and I'm finally up to scratch :D

EDIT: I've now added pedia pics and a units_32 below

This is one of my warrior madien series ... you may have seen my 'Female Warrior Unit' elsewhere in these forums

Attachments

• FemKnightPedia.jpg
    FemKnightPedia.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2,642
Uhhh... gore!

Yep, her legs are quite thin :) - and her running style is a bit stiff (but hey, that's what you'd expect to see from a person running inside a tin shell).

I think pedia pics are quite easy to do:
1# translate the image colour depth to 254 colours (custom)
2# edit the picture palette by adding two colours: 255 = green, 256 = pink
3# save as pcx.
That's it :)

aaglo said:
...I think pedia pics are quite easy to do:...
Or, if you're using Photoshop: check the tutorial in my sig.

This looks nice. I'll have to figure out how I might add it to my mod. Is it the same hieght as other civ units? It looks tall. Might just be the preview or me though.

Awsome death:goodjob:

Great work, especially considering it's only your fourth unit. :clap:

What I like about it: realistic proportions, smooth animation, good choices of civ-specific color placement (hard to overlook, even for me. ;) ), and - a female fighter that actually wears chest armor instead of just a bra. ;) :goodjob:

Nitpicks: As has already been said, the unit looks a bit large ... I might be wrong, but it seems as if it has the size of a giant in the Warhammer or Master of Myrror mods, which is a little odd. The death scene looks a little strange, a blow that cuts her arm could not also throw her back that that way; not even from a left-handed attacker (who would be able to attack her left arm *and* apply thrust power to the torso), because any thrust movement of the cut would go into cutting the arm. Letting her fall to the knees and partially to the side might have been a more realistic choice. Also, I'd actually prefer a less gory death. But that's personal preference - do whatever you like. :)

I'm curious what you'll do next - it's good to see that there are still people who just start with making units, this has to be very reassuring for the many people who just start with making mods. :)

DoubleT said:
Looks really great :goodjob:

But I agree it could be smaller, but keep up the great work :)

Yea in the pic its taller than the warrior and stiff movements. Otherwise, the units great, your best yet! Keep making more! :)

Psyringe said:
Also, I'd actually prefer a less gory death. But that's personal preference - do whatever you like. :)

I'm a fan of Fallout2 and the really gory deaths in that game so you can expect that any unit that I make in the future is certian to have a messy end :D ... one of the Dark Age warriors I'm currently animating looses her
head in the death flc :lol: plus I'm eager to do a modern warrior that gets blown to bits al la Fallout2

Nice unit.

I'll use it as the upgrade for the Alexandrian UU in my FF mod.

Although, it does look rather large compared to the warrior, I seem to remember that most Conquests UU's are somewhat larger than average, so I'll check the size compared to the Enkidu warrior before passing judgment one way or the other.

Nice unit, and I can't wait to see the rest of your "warrior maiden" line :D

Top Bottom