Female Knight

omg that is a sweet death. im downloading this unit now. Sweeeeeet. :) :cool: :eek: :mad: :p :king: i ve gotta fit it into my mod somehow

Excellent work! I am using all of your female models for one of my scenarios. Please continue making female versions of all the foot units.

muffins, I am extremely sorry to ask but, like you i am from England, and i have a fairly rough idea of concepts about Civ. i would like to know what exact packages you use to create units and maybe a breif explanation of animation.

If you do ta geezer

makomurphy said:
muffins, I am extremely sorry to ask but, like you i am from England, and i have a fairly rough idea of concepts about Civ. i would like to know what exact packages you use to create units and maybe a breif explanation of animation.

If you do ta geezer

Look in the tutorials section. :)

EDIT: this is it http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=71114

Oh and happy 1st post!

makomurphy said:

If you do ta geezer
I start by designing and animating the model with OpenFX. Once I'm happy, I render the animations with maximum anti-aliasing to very small bitmaps which get stuck into folders marked N,S,E,W etc. I rename all the files with a bulk rename ulitilty (so they are numbered "unitname0000" to "unitname0016") and stick them through Stephs storyboard program (SBB) to create a storyboard in bitmap format. After that I create a blank storyborad with FLICster in pcx format. I then open up a pre-made palette with a palette editor called PEdit and very carefully add colours from the bitmap into the palette, being VERY careful with getting the right civ-colours and getting the shadow colour and anti-alising 'blur'.
I then load the newly edited palette into both the bitmap storyboard and the blank pcx storyboard and just copy and paste the bitmap storyboard into the pcx story board. I then save and open up FLICster. With FLICster in one corner, I use a colour replacer brush to replace the anti-aliasing pixels with background pixels and checking FLICster for the results.
Once thats done I just export a civ-format flc from FLICster, put all the new flc's in a folder, add an ini and maybe pedia pics ... and thats it.

If you search google for the above progs it's very important to get the FLICster patch too.

just a tad big, but great otherwise!

LLXerxes said:
Cool! Now those feminests will shut up about female units! :D
Nice job, muffins

Not really that... its the clothes that'll make em shut up. :p :rolleyes:

Muffins, os there a chance we could get a version without her arm falling off? I like CivIII because there is no gore, and the gore is the only thing keeping me from using this unit.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
I agree with Goldflash
:eek: First time for everything! :eek:
:lol: :rotfl: :lol:

Yeah, there is no place for gore in Civ. So please PLEASE tweak this unit.

Sorry if I seem alittle.......insane. I'm just happy that Far Horizons is almost done(SPENT NEARLY FOUR MONTHS WORKING ON THAT UNGRATEFUL CHILD....er, did I say that outloud?) I'm also happy that Aaglo has decided to make the Haida Galley! :bounce: Hence...don't be surprised to see Gouramis for awile..... :mischief:

Goldflash said:
Muffins, os there a chance we could get a version without her arm falling off? I like CivIII because there is no gore, and the gore is the only thing keeping me from using this unit.

No gore? This is how Fixaxis' units should die! :lol:

Goldflash said:

... No gore? ... No gore? ... :twitch: ... but ... I LIKE gore!

ah well ... I might do a poll later in the week to see what the majority would like

no gore? :twitch:

Okay thanks guys, I have now got Flicster, a SB program and downloading OpenFX (65%). Do you guys know where PEedit is, when I google it, it comes up with an indian gas company, lol.

I'LL probably just give up creating units, i found the Morphues' tuttorial on Open FX and was totally confused. I have no idea how I can design the unit when all you can draw is a triangle and maybe an attentuate spotlight!
Anyway I will just hopefully request units, all I want are Ancient-like/fantasy units which Steph has nearly done for me.

makomurphy said:
I'LL probably just give up creating units, i found the Morphues' tuttorial on Open FX and was totally confused. I have no idea how I can design the unit when all you can draw is a triangle and maybe an attentuate spotlight!
Anyway I will just hopefully request units, all I want are Ancient-like/fantasy units which Steph has nearly done for me.
oh dear :shakehead

OpenFX is a suite of programs. You build your models with 'Designer' and then animate them with the main OpenFX prog. Models can be scratch designed with basic shapes and the drawing tools OR (if you're lazy like me :D ) you download some free ones and chop them up into usable models.

Don't give up though ... it only took me a week to learn all the ins and outs of making units

... though it was like bashing my head against a wall sometimes :wallbash: :lol:

Nice work. :thumbsup: Keep it up.

Top Bottom