Whirlwind 08/07/04

The Great Apple

Big Cheese
A whirlwind tank from the warhammer 40K universe, my first unit. It is mainly used in a battlefield support role, firing rockets to kill ground troops at medium range.

Many thanks to muffins for advice given along the way, and others. I've learnt quite a bit, and my next unit should take less time.

Attachments

• Whirlwind.zip
    463.2 KB · Views: 703
And a preview: (flc2gif makes it look darker than it is, although it is quite dark)

Attachments

• WhirlAttack.gif
    WhirlAttack.gif
    244.1 KB · Views: 2,266
They are missiles... ummm I'm not sure about the things flying out... they just seemed like a good idea at the time (I was hoping nobody would ask)

That preview is really low quality... in other words it was a nice surprise when I opened it in FLICster, the unit turned out to look very good :goodjob: Still I have one major complain - it's too small, even smaller than civ3 armor (while the missiles seem way too big in comparision)

embryodead said:
That preview is really low quality... in other words it was a nice surprise when I opened it in FLICster, the unit turned out to look very good :goodjob: Still I have one major complain - it's too small, even smaller than civ3 armor (while the missiles seem way too big in comparision)

Thanks :) I tried it for size against one of muffins Lemon Russ', and it seemed to scale quite well (thinner and a tiny bit shorter).

You may be right about the missiles, they were based on the 40K model which my brother owns, but don't seem too out of proportion..

(Is there any way I can link to an image on another site?)

Attachments

• Whirlwind1b.jpg
    Whirlwind1b.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,812
Agree it's a very nice unit for a first one, but Kal-El has a point: both krak- and frag missiles must be fired with a lot of smoke and fire... ;)

This is very good for a first unit :goodjob: Hope to see more of your work :)

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
If this new unit maker tread continues, everyone on here will be making units soon....including me... :lol:

Oh Hell no. I'm certianly not. Too much work. Not enough non-work

Top Bottom