New unit: MiG29 plus other jet updates 12/07/2004

BeBro

King of the Krauts

Attachments

• fulcrum_att_death.gif
    fulcrum_att_death.gif
    76.4 KB · Views: 4,157
today is "double your pleasure" day on civfanatics. :D (kinboats unit a min ago.. then this right after!?)

FIRST POST! :D

Looks good, the MiG29 would be a good graphic replacement for Civ3's default jet fighter :).

isnt the default one a MIG too?

i got that from the concept art from this site... it had a F-15 render and a MIG render.

Well yes, the original Civ3 jetfighter is a MiG29 too. But since I had several requests to make my own, and since I already had a model for it the amount of work wasn't that big to do this one :)

hold it... I DIDNT KNOW THE ONE INGAME WAS A MIG 29 TOO! :eek:

i guess thats why that civgen guy wanted this to be a GRAPHIC :blush: replacement...

i was wondering.. cool beans...

wonder why they used a MIG for the default representation of all CIV's jets?

At the moment I´m in Spain on holiday, Bebro. But sure you will get a big medal from me when I´ll be back at home. :D

I am now content. I dare say I may continue downloading and adding cool new units in the future, but there is nothing left I feel I NEED to complete my no-end-in-sight mod. Many, many thanx, BeBro.

Did you guys know that America got lazy in trying to identify enemy aircraft during the cold war? They named all of the USSR's fighter aircraft with the letter F such as
Fulcrum
Foxtrot
and so on......

Drivebymaster said:
Bebro what is the fastest fighter jet in the world wasn't it one of the russians MIG's?

Mig-25 Foxbat--designed to attack the American XB-70 Valkyrie at Mach 3+

but it's mostly been supplanted in use by the Mig-31 Foxhound, an extensive modification of the Foxbat.

Drivebymaster said:
Did you guys know that America got lazy in trying to identify enemy aircraft during the cold war? They named all of the USSR's fighter aircraft with the letter F such as
Fulcrum
Foxtrot
and so on......

That is the NATO designation. It's got nothing to do with being lazy.
F Fighter
B Bomber
H Helicopter
C Cargo

and some more specialized ones.

Wyrmshadow said:
Mig-25 Foxbat--designed to attack the American XB-70 Valkyrie at Mach 3+

but it's mostly been supplanted in use by the Mig-31 Foxhound, an extensive modification of the Foxbat.

Is it Mig25 ground atack fighter with extra armor? As far I know, Mig31 is evolution of Mig29. :confused: .

Nah, the MiG31 is an improved interceptor based on the MiG25. The MiG27 is the ground attack version of the MiG23, but thats another story.....;)

Drivebymaster, at the moment I don't have plans to make a MiG25. Maybe later though....

Top Bottom