New unit: MiG29 plus other jet updates 12/07/2004

Srdjan said:
Is it Mig25 ground atack fighter with extra armor? As far I know, Mig31 is evolution of Mig29. :confused: .
You're thinking about the Su-25 Frogfoot.

This is a Mig-25 Foxbat.

Mig-31 Foxhound

Doesn't look like a Mig-29 Fulcrum does it?

BeBro

I tried Su27 unit, it's looks cool, but quite big in the game. Maybe is better to reduce in size, and incerese velocity. In ini file, velocity is set to 230. :)

MiG17 Vietnam camo ready, can be dl-ed from the first post. Please note that it is not tested in-game, but should work. If there are any probs, drop me a note :)

Attack anim preview:

Attachments

• mig17_att.gif
    mig17_att.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 350
Drivebymaster said:
Now isn't that scary that the Russians have fighters that can go mach 3+?
Okay Driveby, you ever try going into a tight turn going 70-80mph? Doesn't work out too well does it? The Mig-25 has a 75mile turn radius at top speed.

Of course I have at 80kts you will stall most likely at that speed. Ya mach 3+ is hard to turn but it can out run any missle comming from behind and comming straight on will take an experienced pilot.

Ohh and about the 80kts depends on what type of aircraft you are in. Sorry if it seems like I am being mean for a lack of better terms.

I meant driving in a car at 80 mph.

Minor bug in the Mig17 ini file - it refers to the attack anim of the MiG15. You can correct it yourself or use the fixed ini attached here. Thx again to Wolfhart for the hint :)

Attachments

• MiG17.zip
    525 bytes · Views: 112
BeBro,
I tip my hat.
The Mig-17 is great and many thanks for the Navy Phantom.

So many questions and talks about this. This one is the first true Navy version.
I even read that someone thought the F-5 Navy version was somewhere. As I know that's a different plane all together, and I think the F5 never made it onboard a carrier.

Yes BeBro I saw someone commited themselve to the early british. That's great, so then I must ask if you got a Su-7 or Su-17 Fitter up your sleeve.

Shame on me for never being satisfide. But that's when so many great units are popping up.

Good on you BeBro

Cemo

Mainly new particle effect for fire and smoke effects (for example useful in the death anims as you see on the MiG 29 preview, or in the misslle launch sequence.) All come also with better anti-alias so they'll look smoother in the game than the first versions. And I also had to fix minor errors, eg. some had "ghost-pixel" caused by flicster under certain conditions....;)

As it was promised, here is your russian St. Stanislas Medal, Bebro ;).

Not only for your wonderful work of the new MiG-29, but also for your work of life and your updates of your other russian models :D .

Thank you, :king: Bebro.

Attachments

• St.Stanislas Orden.jpg
    St.Stanislas Orden.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 217
Top Bottom