Constitutional Ratification Poll: Article E

Do You Wish to Write This Proposal Into Law As Constitutional Article E?

• Yes

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Abstain

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Immortal

Deity
Proposed Article E Poll:

Code:
Article E. Legislative Branch

The Legislative Branch will be formed of two houses. 
      1.The Council of Governors will be formed of the Provincial Governors. 
         Each of whom is responsible for the care, management, use of 
         the cities, and use of lands of a province through the setting of build 
         queues, allocation of labourers on tiles, population rushes and drafting 
         of soldiers. The Council's primary purpose is to encourage cooperation  
         between the Provincial Governors and to encourage cooperation  
         between the Council and the Executive Branch.
           a.Each Governor shall determine any policies and procedures needed 
             to carry out their duties.
       2.The Congress will be formed of the entirety of the  citizenry and is 
          responsible for the drafting of new Laws.

This poll has no replacement article as there is no existing law being replaced.

This poll will be open from 96 hours from the time appearing in this post and is considered RATIFIED/DEFEATED after this time.

Bootstoots said:
What do the governors legislate? Without the defunct Senate, how are they legislative at all?

We ended up with this as the default place for governors, primarily due to inertia. Very late in the process I got an idea to define the provinces in their own article -- what should have happened was the governors should have moved over there, but there was no time left.

I think it's good enough for now -- as written it doesn't change the in-game mechanics from previous games and we just have a small anachronism related to the governors not legislating. Let's look at the minor restructuring task of moving the governors to Article O as an amendment after the game starts.

I still believe the Governors belong in the Article above. We may find we need them there eventually, as DZ said.

Okay, I abstain. After all, it doesn't really matter where we put the governors, though this is somewhat illogical.

Only 5 more votes needed!

Top Bottom