Units: New spell effects, 7th august 2004

aaglo

Furioso!
Here are four different spell effects based on The game Master of Magic: Nature, Chaos, Death and Life. Incidentally, the same magics appear in the Master of Myrror - mod for civ3 ;)

Here are the files:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Spells.zip

UPDATES
Long time gone, and here's an update: Sorcery lightning (since drift is going to add 5th mage type to Master-of-Myrror -mod :) ). This anim is nothing special though.

Here it is:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/SorceryLightning.zip

Here's an animated preview of the lightning:

Here are animated previews of the four older animations:

Attachments

• SpellsDemo.gif
    SpellsDemo.gif
    77.3 KB · Views: 2,040
If I recall correctly that (the one odintheking posted) one is quite close to the original (the sound in Master of Magic). Just take the chimes of from that, and it would be a carbon copy :)

Otherwise it's good, but it is too long. I think the sound should be shortened a bit.

Master of Magic was on PC. I don't know what snes is, so I can't tell.

BTW, you could always edit your posts too (wether you're in a hurry - or not - to get to those 300 posts required for your own avatar :p )

Thanks aaglo. :) Like I said before, they're really good.

These are cool, I like the red whirly one the best. :D

Hey, those look good aaglo...here is a shortened version of the "Light.wav" from odintheking. Reset to game specs and just a little over 1 sec long to fit your "Life" or the "spot Light" spell.

Attachments

• Life.zip
    35.5 KB · Views: 259
Awesome works guys. I was hoping to have more than just 3 spells in my mod. NOt sure if I can really use these, but I'll play with them to make sure. Call me a scavenger if you want. That's what D&D is anyway. A mixed version of others ideas. ;)

These ROCK :D

That spotlight effect, I guess regardless of the actual intentions, it could be used for like a reconnaisance spell, yeah? I presume that there's no way to make it a one-use kind of thing though...

Top Bottom