StNNES III: Ruins of Empires

To Tartessos
From Egypt

Go boil your head. Egypt won't follow your "rules." If Egypt wants to trade trough the Pillars of Hercules, we will do it, by force if necessary.

To: Egypt

no, you wont, and we'll show you that, by force if necessary.

we want to protect our land; our land is the pillers of hercules; if you were in our position, you would do the same, and to not even attempt to deny it.

we offer you trade, not only trade but ASSURED trade, safey brought from lands far distant; we wish to make more of an insurence policy on trade then actually control it; after all, the pillars are the life bllod of my land in terms fo trade; we wish to see everyone benifit, as in turn, it benifits us; however, we also wish to protect ourselves; and you make crytal clear that the precaustions we have taken to ensure that our nation is safe is sorelly needed, perhaps even more so.

if you wish to go through the pillars, the step down from the throne of war, and beign the talk of trade, otherwise, you will get nothing.

well good, that means they dont even know the pillers of hercules exist yet; when they find out, mabey they can be more civil about tryign to get through the gates, and if the right offer comes up ($cha-ching$ ;)) then they get as much access as they want; assuming Lusitania agrees, of course; I wont backstab an ally, just woulndt be right

Ok sorry been at work here's my orders in short story will follow

Orders
Use troops to build roads across the union(increase econmy)

Update 2: 1800 BCE

Empires expand and new ones are formed.

In Shang, not all that much happens, though they are closer to developing a writing system, it should take a considerable while. The main expansion was to the South, and that was very successful; they came into direct contact with Chu. Chu, apparently, expanded as well, as did all other Chinese states, and they encountered a barbarian people, the Viets. Campaigns against them are expected to begin soon. In the far West, travelers have encountered a new state, Qin, apparently a highly militarized state. This makes Han rather nervous, but no military activity is reported... Yet. In the north, the Xiongnu make a move to outflank the Zhou Great Wall, but this is foiled by the creation of a new state, Yan, who maintains the wall all the way to the Yellow Sea. Meanwhile the economy increases, but the Emperor leaves no instructions to continue the wonder. His people, puzzled, have a little initiative and continue it, but this won’t happen again; the Emperor needs to order it done.

In Arabia, the so called “War of the Three Arabias” has begun. On one side is the Arabian State and the Barbarian Arabs. Both are attacking Saba Arabia. In the climactic battle of Abha, over 300 of the Arabian States warriors and 500 Arabian Tribes engaged only a few of the Sabaens. Screaming their war cry, the Monotheistic Arab State pressed home the charge on the wall the Sabaens had built, however, their spearmen had trouble scaling the walls while under fire from the Sabaens. Many died, and it seemed not to be worth the effort, though they did break through and reach the Sabaen capital (though not yet taken it). The Sabaen military, in the meantime, was hurt even worse, and the people, frightened of a massacre, have left in a Great Exodus to the south.

Egypt, in the meantime, attacks the Nubians and gains some land, though with a few casualties approximating to 100 spearmen. Also the Sinai is colonized completely, though this brings them into contact with the Hyksos, who are currently pressing home an attack on Petra. The rest of the realm is at peace, with the City of Giza being founded, and the Pharaoh’s blessing falls upon Cyrene, the major trading port of Egypt. Also, a pictographic writing system is in the prototype stages.

The Mediterranean is full of turmoil, as several new states rise out of the dust. On Malta, a group of pirates has risen to dominate not only the isle but Eastern Sicily as well, and they are raiding the sea route of the Tin Route. The Land road is also under attack, from Berbers.

Carthage is in a good state at the moment. Sardinia and Corsica were scouted (however, the Tartessians had gotten there first), and though Berbers are sighted all along the frontier, nothing has come of this threat. A great thing occurs when they are able to secure Sicily’s Western half, with Tartessos’ galleys come too late to found their own.

Tartessos itself is perhaps the most powerful Empire on earth (though this may be in doubt). Its people are quite fiercely patriotic, and the cult of the Bull gains new fervor throughout the Peninsula, perhaps soon to be the state religion of Lusitania, too. Lusitania and Tartessos are quite close in relations, perhaps the closest of friends in the world. Lusitania has a supreme navy, with triremes, Tartessos an excellent army, with its Marines. They both are campaigning into the Iberian peninsula against the Celtiberians, and though they suffer combined casualties of 100 spearmen, they still gain much land. Tartessos also claims the Belaeres, Corsica, and Sardinia, and has founded a colony in the “toe” of Italy. They also founded the state of Tyrrhenia (see spotlight below).

Lusitania, the close friend of Tartessos, meanwhile, is fighting a Cold war through their allies the Irenii in Ireland against their main seafaring rivals, the Orcadians of northern Britain. Though no casualties have yet been counted, the conflict is rapidly escalating, and it should make for some spectacular naval battles, as the Orcadians and Lusitanians both have excellent ships. The Lusitanians have also founded the state of Brittany, a vassal state not unlike the Tartessian Tyrrhenia.

Not much happens in the United Tribes of Germany, and they may need guidance very soon; three major tribes are knocking at their doorstep.

Meanwhile, on the Steppes of Russia, the Khazars are settling down in the Volga valley, and they look ready to stay. They also expand successfully southwards, and all looks well in that direction. The Scythians, though... They find out from their scouts that the scythians number about 1,000 men all in all, 500 light horsemen and 500 infantry. They are all headed straight for the Khazars. It is clear that simple defense won't do... The Khazar people need excellent tactics and strategy to pull them through... Or a miracle.

Spotlight: The conflict in Italy

“With this treaty, we set forth a new age in Italy. One of peace, prosperity, and freedom for all Italians.” –the Tartessian ambassador to Tyrrhenia (evidently some disagreed).

Italy was a mostly peaceful place until about 1800 BCE. There were few conflicts, and no real threats to the continued peace. Then the Tartessians came.

The Tartessians had an interesting objective: to civilize the people of Italy and make a vassal state: Tyrrhenia. This effort was very successful, and the Etruscans and Latins of the area joined this state relatively quickly, making a new state with a mostly Tartessian culture in Italy. However, not all were glad to have this happen. The Samnites, Oscans, Volsci, Apulians, and Campanians are all opposed to the influences of the Tartessian state, and have formed their own league, the Italian League, to combat this.

As if to just add to the chaos, the state of Genua declared itself, independent of all other peoples and empires, though it was heavily influenced by Tartessos.

With all this struggling and turmoil in Italy, the Helvetii, a minor mountain tribe, decided the time had come, and migrated southward into Italy en masse, with thousands of people. The frightened populace of Aquelia joined Tyrrhenia in order to protect themselves. Ironically, this invasion provided the other invaders, Tyrrhenia, with a new source of troops: mercenaries from the Helvetii. With these they set forth into battle against the Italian League.

Random Events:

The Tartessian and Lusitanian Economies rises from the taxes on ships going through Gibraltar and also from tribute from its new vassal state.

Egypt’s economy rises from the dyes industry in Cyrene.

Most “Barbarian” Nation: United Germanic Tribes
Most Agriculturally based Economy: Egypt

EDIT:

Prices Per Unit:

100 spearmen per economy
100 archers per economy
10 chariots per economy
100 light horse per economy
100 UU per economy
10 ships per economy
10 naval UU per economy

OOC: Next update hopefully tomorrow if I get a substantial majority of the orders.

The union had grown from its one city and now had influence over a large area, The war leader had now amassed himself with a large army and the peace leader had decided on the need for tracks to be beaten throw the dense forests of Germania to speed travel. This would include the economic power of the union and therefore the personal power of the Peace leader. The war leader knew that though he had the troops the he wanted to make war with one of the nearby confedarations but was overruled by the council due to the fact that the troops he had were not loyal to the idea of a Germania.
When the Peace leader told of his plans to bulid the roads the war leader saw a chance to both take some credit for the constucation and help bond the new troops to Germania with the army taking part in the buliding works.

Knowing that the council would swing to the war leaders agenda the peace leader decided that efforts to link with at least one tribe would be needed to prevent the chance of war.

From Germanic Union of tribes
To Angles

Hello my angle brothers, we share the same gods and our people differ only in the area that we live. Your tribal leaders are invited to join the Union of Germania, we can settle down if we band togeather and so not be moved by around by the nomadic lives we have lived before.
One day people will never know of seperate tribes of Saxons and Angles only of the Anglo-Saxons. Join Me!

And the eye candy:

Attachments

• NNES3.0.GIF
    NNES3.0.GIF
    74.5 KB · Views: 199
Diplo:

Can you help us against the Hyksos horde!

To: Tartessos

Leave Italy.

Damn just missed it! If only work hadn't finished an hour late!

EDIT ok just use my orders for the next turn then, would'nt be fair to make you re-do the update.

To:Itallain League

what we offer:
A)the seeding of the itallian colony in the south to you
B)full trading, once the tartessian economy is back up tot par to justify the creation of a new rout

What we want:
A)we still seek to civilize Italy, we wish to keep Tyrrhenia as a "vassal" nation, laeeting them make thier own choices about what to do in interanl politics, but being one in the same in military, and foring politics; it is that light, that it reaches a good comprimise
B)if we are to seed over the toe of Italy to your nation, we want a promise of Allaince from you as well as trading privildges through the stright of messenia; in return, your ships will be allowe dthrought he stright of Gibralter, but will still have to under take the through custroms inspections, as well as a (reduced) toll

ok will post my story in the morning I wanna do a good story and need to see if the Angles wanna be vassels or be annxed. I hope so I got so many barbs all around me..... hehe pleading.....I should hang my head in shame

To Petra
From Egypt

We will aid you if you agree to cede us your Mediterranean coast (currently occupied by the Hyksos).

OOC: North King, you didn't add any Archers to Egypt. (nvm, I forgot that in the orders *blush*)

I'll have orders, a story, etc, tomorrow. It's late.

OOC: Xen, that was pretty darn smart.

We would agree, but for the alliance. We do not wish to promise ourselves into any war you may enter into.

We agree.

Edit:

Revolutionary
Part of the Angles agree to the unification effort, perhaps half of their territory. The other is not interested.

Never mind what I said above. I'll have a story later, but orders now.

Nation: Egypt
Ruler/Player: Ptolemid Dynasty/Cuivienen
Government: Theocratic Monarchy
Category: Religious Theocracy
Economy: Growing, Uncontrolled
Army: 400 Spearmen, 200 archers
Navy: 5 Galleys
Great Leaders: N/A
Religion: Cult of Isis (Polytheistic)
Culture: Okay
Great Achievements: N/A
Education: Nonexistant
UU: N/A
Wonders: Nile Irrigation Project (+3 Economy, Better farming) 2/6

Orders

Train 100 additional Archers and 100 additional Spearmen.
Continue pushing south into Nubia using 300 Spearmen.
Send all 300 (post-training) of our Archers backed up by 200 (post-training) Spearmen led by the Pharoah himself into former Petran territory to attack the Hyksos and drive them north, away from Petra proper.
Continue our irrigation project.
Build the city of Memphis along the Nile, just south of Giza.
Send our 5 Galleys to establish the settlement of Paphos on Cyprus.

Story

Egypt, land of mystery of might, nows extends its influence far in all directions, Alexandria a beacon in the heart of the world. And to the heart comes always all news, and to Egypt this day comes news dire. The Kingdom of Petra is under attack by their ancient enemy, the foul Hyksos, and the King calls for Egyptian aid. The Pharoah answers, raising a great army to take battle to the Hyksos.

But first, there are other matters of import. By command of the great Pharoah, settlers leave the city of Alexandria on boats to head for the island of Cyprus, rumored to be rich in both dyes and grapes. His blessings the Pharoah bestows upon the ships, that they might reach Cyprus and bring riches back to Egypt.

Now, the army departs, leaving Alexandria and the eldest son of the Pharoah for Sinai and Petra. In Giza the Pharoah stops, the great city of agriculture and worship bustling. "Giza of temples, Giza of grains, Giza of ships on the Nile," the Pharoah decrees, "I bestow my blessings upon you, fair city of the Life-River, and upon Memphis also, the twin of Giza to the south." For now the Pharoah departs, heading onward to meet the Hyksos in battle, and to visit Memphis would be but to delay.

Now the army of Egypt approaches the lands of Petra, held by the barbaric Hyksos. "Petra, land of tin and stone, land of great towering trees not known to Egypt," declares the Pharoah, "By the names of Isis the Mother and Osiris, god of the underworld, we have come to liberate you!" And so war begins.

Diplomacy

To Petra

Would you agree to a Mutual Protection Pact between our nations?

North King said:
OOC: Xen, that was pretty darn smart.

We would agree, but for the alliance. We do not wish to promise ourselves into any war you may enter into.

OOC; a new strategy for every NES; thats how i can keep the entire world on thier toes ;) iwll I be a mindless conqeror (looks to Minoa ;)), or a shrewd merchant, or somthing inbetween, or somthign altogether different? only time will tell ;) anyway, that said, later I'll need ot PM you with a few things, mainlly soem assorted civlizations it would be cool to have on the map in a few turns (I have a love of bronze age civs, and I'd liek to see some of them get onto the map :D)

To: Itallian league

well, how abotu this idea;

A)insea dof a full on alliance, we make a defensive allaince, to take on threats to eachothers security, but for now at least focused in the med sea, and moreover, in Itallia, at least for the moment, until both our natiosn resources grow to where we can project defensive power with more effeincy, if it prooves needed

B)while Tartessian explorers have yet to penitrate the seas farther east ward the coast opposite Itallia (Italos in our tongue), we belive that the land may be right in the center of a large expanse of water; it woudl make sense for Tartessos, Tyrrhenia, as well as the League (perhaps we can work on a more "national" name?) to take part in patrolling both the exstin tin-trade rout, as well as future trade routs that might pop-up in region

C)as it is likelly that yet more peoples will appear, of who would be vaulbel to augument this "patrol", we propose the creation of "Union of Sea Peoples", for the mutual defence of one another, as well as the trade routs that run through our territories

OOC: Qin? omg, Qin Shi Huang Di, that's where he came from....

To Chu
From Shang
A NAP?

To Han
From SHang
Would you agree to a trade route and a MPP between our 2 great nations?

nvrmd, I want to wait for some diplo before I make a grand annoucnment of what I plan to announce ;)

Top Bottom