KA01 - A Simple Deity Space Race

In-game update:

I totally forgot about research labs. Do we go for the Internet, or do we halt war-time preparations for early research labs?

EDIT: Whatever, I'm going to war.

EDIT2: The OTTO are paying us much gpt. Are you sure you wanna attack?

Does Internet put research lab in every city? It's not stated in the civlopedia for our game and I haven't built it in a non C3C game. If so I think we will generate more overall science with Internet than SETI. We can always build SETI by hand.

War with OTTO not required, it was just to slow down their space ship build if needed. But we can always wait and attack them later if needed.

I've already rushed SETI. Pre-build in Barcelona for internet?

DJMGator13 said:
Does Internet put research lab in every city?
Yes, but it's not available until quite a bit later - miniaturisation, if I recall correctly.

Pre-flight: Radio to IROQ for AMPHI +WM. Why is ENtremon starving?

IT: Stuff gets built. Oil discovered.

1255AD: Stuff.

IT: OTTO tries to plant a spy to no avail.

1260AD: COMP comes in.

RCKT for COMP WM 800g (OTTO)
Spices, WM, 100g for RCKT (JAP)
MINI in 8 :cry:
Much fiddling arounf Barcelona to respond to this.

IT: SETI finishes

1265AD: Nuttin.

IT: :sleep:

1270AD: Sakura's lil city founded

1275AD: nuttin.

1280AD: OTTO has SFLITE

1285AD: Nuttin.

1290AD: Nuttin.

IT: OTTO sneak attack! :eek: :( Lose Kolhapur

1295AD: MINI comes in. Internet finished. Recapture Kolhapur. Take Calcutta, Take some other city. Draft.

IT: JAP and AZTEC sign peace.

1300AD: Poppeth a leader!

Notes for the next better player:
1) Leader is in Entremont.
2) OTTO has one tank and can't build anymore.
3) I don't know if MI requires rubber, but if they don't, OTTO can't bild them either.
4) I held them off. It's up to you to attack.

Good work, Tomoyo. :goodjob:

Tomoyo said:
Why is ENtremon starving?
I ran extra shields for the last turn before hand-off to complete a tank in one turn instead of taking two and wasting a lot of shields. Sorry. I should have said, and MM'd it back to growth before I handed over.

Nice job and another leader. :clap:

Did you post the save?

Just popping up,
It's holiday here and I get a day off tomorrow that I will use to visit grandma in a place without computers or similar items: if anyone feels like playing my turns, you're welcome -I wouldn't be able to play before Thursday anyway.

Sure! Not certain I'll be able to play much today, but tomorrow should be fine.

3) I don't know if MI requires rubber, but if they don't, OTTO can't bild them either.

According to the Unit resource page, MI's do require rubber.

GOT IT.

@Tomoyo: nice pillaging of Otto's Rubber! :thumbsup:

@the gang: we don't seem to have a ton of artillery. Any thoughts on the wisdom of attacking MIs in metropolises (metropoli?), with tanks? Or general comments about a war at this tech level. It's, um, my first :blush:

Cheers,
nikof

Edit: and the Apollo Program. Build now, or wait until we're closer to having all the techs we need, and pop the whole spaceship out quicker as a surprise?

Here's a question for you: How does the AI grow their cities so dang big?

If you look at the above screenie the Ottos have at least 10 cities between the 17 and 27 population range. We currently have 2 cities at size 19.

@Nikof: Technically, I think it should be "metropoles", but "metropolises" is more accepted.

@Mistfit: The AI doesn't like good city placements or high production. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm using the avatar you made for me. :)

EDIT: Or are you refering to trying to starve down the OTTO cities?

Mistfit said:
Here's a question for you: How does the AI grow their cities so dang big?

If you look at the above screenie the Ottos have at least 10 cities between the 17 and 27 population range. We currently have 2 cities at size 19.
Check out which civ has the Pyramids :hint:

nikof said:
GOT IT.

@Tomoyo: nice pillaging of Otto's Rubber! :thumbsup:

@the gang: we don't seem to have a ton of artillery. Any thoughts on the wisdom of attacking MIs in metropolises (metropoli?), with tanks?
There wn't be any as long as Suleyman doesn't hook up any rubber or trade for it.

Tomoyo said:
2) OTTO has one tank and can't build anymore.
Sure, but you didn't mention their existing MIs! ;)

Must admit I'm feeling less than keen on this war! Tank vs. fortified MI in metropolis wins 21% if vet vs. regular, 9.5% if vet vs. vet. :(

I think I'll try to take a couple of the smaller cities in the SE, and hope Otto will accept peace. Meanwhile pillage his luxes & hope he gets lots of WW.

Wouldn't hurt to get another civ to declare war on him for distraction, but probably not worth the long-term commitment to the war (Mil Alliance); unforeseen complication (MPP); or hit to our rep (breaking either of those).

Battlefield Medicine completes in 2 in Entremont. Think I'll slow it down, use as pre-build for Apollo. GL can wait for UN? Although next techs researched should be Ecology and Synth Fibers (for Modern Armor and 640-shld SS Exterior).

still thinking rather than playing,
nikof

Top Bottom