New Unit: Wyvern

embryodead

Caliph

Attachments

• untitled-1.gif
    untitled-1.gif
    77.2 KB · Views: 5,225
Call me crazy, but isn't the distinguishing mark of a Wyvern the scorpion stinger on its tail? And also it's main attack weapon?

The model didn't have a sting. You can use it as drake if it bothers you.

Besides, there quite a lot of pics/paintings/descriptions of wyverns with plain or spined tails... D&D bestiary isn't the only one in the world... As a mythological creature, wyvern is just an evil dragon with two legs.

Thank you :worship:

You really turned a somewhat clumsy model into a class unit. And nice sounds too. :)

BTW, I didn't even know wyverns were supposed to have stingers. I've always thought they are simply two-legged relatives of dragons.

Very nice unit! I was expecting it to be riderless, but the Orc on top really adds to it and is a definite plus (As well as giving a Civ colour)!

When I collected Orcs the Wyvern model release did have a sting in it's tail, but I never considered it an important point, and I expect that it's main method of attack is it's huge gob anyway!

You really turned a somewhat clumsy model into a class unit. And nice sounds too.
I agree with Drift. Very Smooth and subtle moves with the animations. Looks Great! :goodjob: Wonderful Fantasy Unit Addition, Thanks embryodead!

As they do have stingers in D&D, it isn't important. They can attack with either, but with a rider, the tail might be as dangerous to the driver as to it's enemy. Wyvern's aren't known to be smart you know.

That said, I love it. These will be a part of a few civs with much needed "air" type units. Thanks and :thumbsup::thumbsup:

EDIT: :hmm: About the stingers, maybe they were cut off as being a danger to the rider prior to being tamed and taught to hold a rider. A precationary procedure to keep the rider safe from having a stinger in his back by accident. If it bothers those who like the stinger version that could be an explanation as to why it isn't present on the unit.

Cool :D

thank you VERY much!!
Its a great unit

Also: how about you change the colour to black, modify the rider a little, and hey presto, you got a makeshift "Wight Lord riding Winged Nighmare" unit for the vampires!

Well, I can't really do anything with the wyvern except chaning it colour, so I don't think it's a good idea. It will still be a wyvern.

Winged Nightmares are just put-together from whatever huge beasties that the vampires/ necromancers have close to hand anyway- there's no reason why you couldn't have a winged nightmare based on a wyvern... the only qualifier is that it has to be winged and scary! Maybe you could keep it in mind as a back-up plan if no zombie dragon materialises between now and when you're finished with version 2.0...

I have Zombie Dragon in 2.0 right now, though it's just a Black Dragon, scaled down, without civ-color (purely black) or breath attack... but it's ok for me. only for Khemri though.

Is there any need for color conversions of this? Something like this for example:

Attachments

• wyverns.jpg
    wyverns.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2,005
Top Bottom