[1.0.12.9] Zulu buildings in Ikanda lose science and gold yields

keer

Chieftain
In april 2021 update Zulu has Ikanda buffed:
Ikanda: Modified. Now grants +1 Science and +2 Gold from each building.
However buildings in Ikanda won't yield science and gold if:
  • Ikanda is built in a city that is not native to Zulu (i.e. captured by Zulu)
  • Zulu native city was occupied by opponent, but then recaptured by Zulu again
This bug is also reported on r/civ https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/n00j2f/possible_bug_new_zulu_ability_buildings_in_the

Some screenshots (note textbox with city's science yields):
Here is broken Ikanda in a captured non-native city:
broken_ikanda_in_caputured_city.jpg

Here is broken ikanda in recaptured Zulu capital:
broken_ikanda_in_recaptured_capital.jpg

Here is functioning Ikanda in Zulu native city:
functioning_ikanda_in_native_city.jpg

Compare Ulundi's Ikanda buildings:

To those of this city I captured:

Note the city I captured did NOT have an Ikanda/Encampment; I built it myself. I have a fair amount of mods on, but nothing I think would effect this... (one renames cities to be more accurate to the founder's native language, hence the stylized Cambodian/Khmer names).

Note that I DID capture some other cities with Encampments... but they were Vietnamese, and those encampments were the unique ones, and they vanished when I captured them. Do unique districts usually vanish? I thought they usually turn into the generic one, I was expecting the Thahns to turn into Ikandas. I haven't build any new Ikandas in the Vietnamese cities, so I don't know what would happen there.

Zulu buildings still aren't receiving +2 gold and +1 science in captured cities containing Ikandas, whether the Ikanda and its building were already present at time of capture or not. I figured with the announcement of patches during the Leader Packs it would be a good time to remind everyone, including Firaxis, that this bug persists. This bug highly reduces the effectiveness of the bonus.

Attachments

• Ikanda Broken.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Ikanda Broken.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
Ikanda is still bugged.

Attachments

• Ikanda2023-02-06 22_05_49-Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11).jpg
    Ikanda2023-02-06 22_05_49-Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 21
I made a bug fix. I put the yields in Ikanda instead and used a different requirement.

Attachments

• Ikanda_fix.jpg
    Ikanda_fix.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Top Bottom