1.13 beta Hidden Nationality Bug

doubtsalmon

Chieftain
Hi, I am not posting a screenshot but this bug is pretty self explanatory and easily reproducable in any scenario with land-based hidden nationality units.

The problem is that the human player's hidden nationality units are unable to attack AI player cities. Keyboard and Mouse movement seem to treat it like moving into the ocean from land (the mouse just shows a plain white movement circle).

The AI is able to attack the human players cities with their hidden nationality units, however there is a problem with this as well. If there is a defender in the city the AI hidden nationality attackers will attack and kill that unit but instead of entering the city it will be stuck (for one turn) between the two squares (the graphic looks strange). This doesn't happen if the city is undefended.

This occurs in the Sengoku scenario and in user created scenarios with hidden nationality units. You can easily reproduce this by using debug mode in the Sengoku scenario and making Ronin with the SHIFT-F1 key. (it also happens out of debug mode too)

Your hidden nationality units can attack AI cities, but only if you are officially at war with them...

I know they can, but the problem is that the AI can attack and capture your cities with hidden nationality units without declaring war, while the human player cannot.

Originally posted by doubtsalmon
I know they can, but the problem is that the AI can attack and capture your cities with hidden nationality units without declaring war, while the human player cannot.

Revenge of the AI! :D

I can imagine, how our computers are discussing during their spare time (when we are slooooowly doing our moves) how to get rid of this *EXPLOIT* :p

Since the HI (human intelligence) is so weak at using the hidden nationality units.... :( This should be patched, to give the HI a better chance against the AI :p

Quote: "Many good CPU's have proven how easily the HI gets stuck as soon as new units / features are introduced to the game. Hell, when will the Divine Developer finally make the HI handle these things? They cannot do so, even not in Reality v.2004!" ;)

Originally posted by Commander Bello

Revenge of the AI! :D

I can imagine, how our computers are discussing during their spare time (when we are slooooowly doing our moves) how to get rid of this *EXPLOIT* :p

Since the HI (human intelligence) is so weak at using the hidden nationality units.... :( This should be patched, to give the HI a better chance against the AI :p

Quote: "Many good CPU's have proven how easily the HI gets stuck as soon as new units / features are introduced to the game. Hell, when will the Divine Developer finally make the HI handle these things? They cannot do so, even not in Reality v.2004!" ;)

:lol:

Sorry to bump this, but it falls in the same category

Enemy Hidden nationality units that pillage your improvements causes war.

- GIDustin

Top Bottom