New Unit: Gnoll Gunman (Mar. 7, 2005)

CamJH

Uncle Cam
Gnoll Gunman

Download Gnoll Gunman

Preview:
Attack A

Notes: This is a unit that was requested by TJedge1 for his D&D Mod. This is the first unit I've done with a firearm for a weapon, so hopefully it's up to par. :)

Credits: Many thanks to Kinboat for creating the Gnoll model, and also for the gun, smoke and clothing models. Thanks also are due to Cyber Dreyk and Steph for their wonderful programs.

Enjoy! :D
CamJH

Very nice!!

Looks very cool! Good work CamJH! :thumbsup: :D

Awesome. I think I can find a place for this in my "all universes" games. And civ colors, too? You haven't made a unit yet that I haven't found space for.

cool!
I'd like to learn more about that unit. Is it from some race of wolf men or something? or is that a kind of rodent?

TJedge1 (or someone else) could fill you in better than I could. I only borrowed the model and animated it. :)

I believe the rodent people are called Skavens, whereas Gnolls (like this guy) are more of a dog species... whether that's wolf or hyena I'm not certain. I'm only displaying my ignorance, so I'll shut up now and leave it up to the more informed members to explain in detail.

The Gnolls are hyena men, actually. Rather comman fanastasy hero fodder

In most fantasies like War Craft and such they are a hyena based monster. In D&D Mystara they are in appearance and as far as I know sound like giant hyenas who can talk and of course use their hands. There is a legend in Mystara that they were created to be a warrior race for some evil wizard by combining a troll and gnome (hence the name), to get the strength and regeneration of a troll and intelligence of a gnome. Didn't quite work out the way he had planned and he got a stronger than human warrior with some average smarts and a taste for raw flesh. They also run faster than most other humanoid races and are very hardy. That lets them cover vast areas quickly if they are encouraged somehow to do so. Eventually they slaughtered the mage once their numbers grew and reproduced out of control and invaded other nations. Like other races they scattered across the globe of Mystara after a huge catalclysm occured. The cataclysm is another story all-together.

phew! Call me a windbag, I guess. I just love typing about fantasy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, nice work CamJH! He looks perfect.

thanks for the information tjedge and others

edit: 100TH POST :dance:

Great job, CamJH! You are quickly becoming one of the best unit makers on the forum!

Top Bottom