Wheel of Time Unit: Wise One (April 28, 2005)

CamJH

Uncle Cam
Wise One

Download Wise One (669 kb)

Previews:
Attack A, Attack B, Death

* the previews run faster than the flics do in game

Notes: Among the Aiel, Wise Ones are women chosen by other Wise Ones and trained in healing, herbs and other things. They have great authority and responsibility, as well as great influence with sept and clan chiefs, though these men often accuse them of meddling. A good many Wise Ones can channel to one degree or another; they find every Aiel woman born with the spark in her and most of those who can learn. The fact that Wise Ones can channel is not spoken of among Aiel, by custom; as a result many Aiel do not know for sure which Wise Ones can and which cannot. Also by custom, Wise Ones avoid all contact with Aes Sedai, even more so than other Aiel. Traditionally, all Wise Ones have stood outside feud and battle, but this custom has recently been shattered, perhaps beyond mending. What this may do to the protections accorded Wise Ones under the Aiel belief of ji'e'toh has yet to be seen.

Credits: Many thanks to Kinboat for his paperdoll figures, his clothing models, and also for the use of his "spell" units. Thanks also are due to Cyber Dreyk and Steph for their wonderful programs.

Enjoy, :)
CamJH

She's a wise one from the Wheel of Time series. Not the type to argue with. Even the male warrior leaders of the Aiel waste obey the Wise Ones. Otherwise they might get hurt. ;)

Good job CamJH.

nice job. I love those unique attack animations

Lookin' great. Good use of Kinboat's lightning there. :) I might have a place for this in MoM II.

That's freaky, man. Nice work. I might have to read some more RJ one of these days, just for a change of pace.

It looks good :thumbsup:, except that (at least in the preview, if that's not the same palette as the unit, ignore this) the fire in that attack use the same yellow-green colour as the skirt, I think it would be better with a yellow-orange-red. :)

I just realized this is usable for my mod too, CamJH. I've been using and old naked woman unit that has an odd yellow blast attack in my mod. I think yours is way better and I'll have to trade out the graphix to yours. Thanks once again for making this.

Excellent job. :)

Sorry Arturus, I haven't yet branched out into mounted units. I probably will eventually, but for now I'm sticking with foot units. I've always been a bit more fond of them in games, but that may just be due to my lack of skill in horseback riding. :) The good news is, the clothing models I used for those Aiel units you mentioned were put together by Kinboat and are available for download in his poser stuff thread. So if you can convince another creator to take it on, the figures are ready to go.

As for the palette question from mrtn, between the skirt and and hair color there's basically the whole spectrum of yellows and oranges in the palette. I think it may just be that in the preview the darker colors seem to blend in more with the magenta at that speed. I tested it out in-game before posting it and thought it looked allright.

And no she's not a peasant woman Sword of Geddon. :) As tjedge1 mentioned she's a Wise One for the Aiel, pretty much the opposite of a peasant by aiel rankings. But they are a desert dwelling people, so most of their clothing is either made to blend into their surroundings or simple white. She'd probably claim ji'e'toh on you and make you her slave for a year and a day for calling her a peasant... but since you're a wetlander and unfamiliar with their ways we can overlook the offense. ;)

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Thanks for making this, I can now finish up the UU line for Tycoon (FFV) and use her as a Sorceress (basically a mage-knight job in FFV).

The unit looks great! Nice Work, CamJH

Wow.... That looks really good. And that dress worked out better than I thought it would, mostly because of the skill of the animator :D

Thanks KB, that's like da Vinci telling me I can really paint. ;) I gotta admit the dress did take up a good portion of the time I spent animating, but the wide variety of morphs you built into it were an enormous help. Plus I picked up the Poser 6 update, and it makes working with clothing and morphing props MUCH easier.

Pounder,
Kinboat's lightning spell comes with a sound you can use for Attack B and the Death. For the fireball attack (Attack A), I'd suggest using the sounds from the dromon attack. For the rest I'm not sure, maybe the princess or female "king" units have some sounds that'd work. These are just some ideas, let me know what you come up with. :)

What sort of changes in Poser 6? Maybe it's time for me to upgrade...

You know... CamJH.. you better be carefull. You just might get kidnapped and forced to make units for the Warhammer 40K mod. See, we only want top quaility units.. and yours are top quality.

I haven't been using it for long, so I'm sure there's many more benefits than the ones I've come across so far. One of the big ones that helped out with this unit is that once you attach a prop (like the dress) it becomes almost like another limb of the body. When I finished up an animation, I would go back and then adjust the dress in each frame to avoid poke-through and also give it more movement... here comes the new part, when I would store that animation in my pose library, it remembered all the exact positions of the dress on its own (just like it would an arm or a leg) without me having to keyframe anything or go directly to rendering.

6 also makes it easier to work with materials. The material room now has two different modes you can work in: (1) simple and (2) advanced. Once I figured out how to use that room in 5, it wasn't that difficult, but now they've really streamlined it.

The rendering system is probably one of the biggest areas of change. You can still render in the Poser 4 setup, but now they've really amped up the firefly rendering system. The curious labs website goes into more detail about it than I can, but the difference is very noticible.

Check it out when you got a minute. Your work is proof that really all you need is Poser 4, but I think 6 would make things simpler and could save you time in some of the more tedious areas of the process.

-----
EDIT: Guess I'll hire a bodyguard then Goldflash. :)
-----

Top Bottom