Term 3 – Nominations for President

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
The President is responsible for control of the slider, worker allocation and resolving disputes between leaders, such as over use of gold. The President is also responsible for all tasks not assigned to another leader.

Please submit nominations for the President in this thread and Accept or Decline any nominations you may receive. Self nominations are allowed. Citizens may only run for one elected position.

Nominations will close and elections open 00:00 GMT on the 27 September (that’s 8pm EDT 26 September).

Please Note: I shall start closing the nomination threads and posting the polls approx 1½ hours early at 22:30 GMT (6:30 PM EDT), 26 September.

I nominate DZ, ravensfire and Octavian X. Now we are going to see some good competition.

Im going for DZ he knows when to make a move and doesn't hesitate to make decsions, his only, well if you can call it a mistake was getting us the Persain War but that's nothing, he's the best President I've ever seen in the DG,

Cheers for another good election DZ!!

-Ranger99-

EDIT: WOOT! 400 hundred posts!

During this past term, I have seen some great leadership skills possessed by our current President. His iron will as helped make the right decisions numerous times. Although I don't agree with all his policies, I tend to agree his way of running things his extremely effective. Thus, I nominate Donovan_Zoi for President.

Throughout the DemoGame our Judiciary has been led by a extremely cabable Justice. He has made some tough, but fair calls and was the writer of our constitition. For his great participation and great enthuisiam, I nominate ravensfire.

I wish both candidates a great race. (if you both accept) I just don't know who to vote for if you both run. :)

My thanks to all for your nominations. I gratefully accept.

I will also join in the call for Ravensfire to accept his nomination to the Presidency. At the very least, citizens of Fanatikos will witness a vigorous debate to help determine our direction for the coming term. At its most promising, this would be the electoral contest of which dreams are made.

Outspoken yet successful incumbent vs. popular, efficient two-term Chief Justice whose options are open? I welcome the challenge. All we await is for the honorable Ravensfire to make it happen.

Thou knave! Thou dost DARE toss thy dainty gauntlet in my face? This thing of lace and frivolry?

I accept thy challenge! Thou whilst rue this day!

(or, I accept the nomination and challenges, as I agree the office of President must be vigorously contested. While a bit occupied at work, I'll have something up hopefully this afternoon outlining my campaign)

Make thee ready, Donovan Zoi! For we whilst do battle on the field of the electorate!

-- Ravensfire, Candidate for President

ravensfire said:
Thou knave! Thou dost DARE toss thy dainty gauntlet in my face? This thing of lace and frivolry?

I accept thy challenge! Thou whilst rue this day!

(or, I accept the nomination and challenges, as I agree the office of President must be vigorously contested. While a bit occupied at work, I'll have something up hopefully this afternoon outlining my campaign)

Make thee ready, Donovan Zoi! For we whilst do battle on the field of the electorate!

-- Ravensfire, Candidate for President

Hmmmm.......this is going to be better than I thought. ;)

Your campaign timeline is acceptable, as I will not be able to post anything until tonight at the latest. So since this is still my home turf, I'll bat last. :D

"Dainty?" "Lace and frivolry?" :confused: Have you even read any of my proposals and posts this term? :lol:

Friends, Citizens of Fanatikos, I present myself to you as a candidate for the office of President.

My name is Ravensfire. I've been a participant in the DemoGames since DG2. I've held most offices in various games, including several terms as President. I've been one of the major proponents of a 5CC variant DG (Kicking and Dancing for 5CC!) for several DG's now, and am extremely excited to see it happen.

:dance: :band: :dance:

Most recently, I've spend the past two terms as the Chief Justice, presiding over two excellent courts. During those terms, we've handled several critical reviews, including one that I expanded into a much larger review to resolve as many issues as possible up front. Several Judicial Reviews were dismissed, to avoid clogging up the docket with obvious questions. Finally, the first request for investigation was handled quickly, efficiently and without drama.

This election, however, isn't about the past. It's about the future of Fanatikos, about your future. We're at the cusp of the most difficult phase of the game. The other civs in the game have expanded quickly, and are now looking for the few remaining sites for cities. They are also building up their military forces, becoming more and more of a threat to the Fanatikos way of life.

They see us as a small civ, one that will be weak, and easily conquered. Oh, how wrong they are. Our core is poised for massive development, as we reform our Government as a Repulic. Our lands will start to bring forth the resources we need to develop into the powerful nation that is our destiny.
The next month will see the foundation so well begun turn into a strong nation, one respected by all.

My plans are simple. First, the development of a solid strategy for wonders throughout the next age. We need to discuss our options and determine our priorities now. This will aid in our Governors planning for the future.

Second, the demands on our work force are growing, and will continue to do so. I want to see a total work force of 10 workers. 5 will be allocated automatically to the cities, 1 each, for the Governors to use. The others will be used on national projects and high-priority projects. I will ask the Governors of our high-growth cities, once we are a Republic, to add a worker to their build queue after their current project is complete, until that goal is reached.

Third, I will work with our Governors to develop strategies for city development that are balanced between the needs of the city, and the needs of the nation.

Fourth, I will work with our Minister of Defense to develop a concrete and reasonable military force. I will then work with the Governors to make that force a reality.

Fifth, I will expand the information provided by the Presidential office. I will hire scribes and counters to maintain a history of the actions taken during my term.

Sixth, I will coordinate the efforts of our Designated Players, to keep a good flow of game sessions and game sessions scheduled well in advance.

Finally, I will work to ensure that my government will be active and involved. Our leaders will begin discussions early, and consider back-up plans as needed. My job as President is to make sure things are happening. I will push officials when I feel they need encouragement, and start the discussions that aren't being started. Game-related discussions are the reason most of us are in the DG. Discuss and decide - these are the elements that keep the game enjoyable and fun for all. I will work to have timely discussions ahead of time.

Fellow Citizens, I thank you all for the opportunity to present my views and goals for Fanatikos during the next term. I'm looking forward to a wonderful debate against all in this Election, and hope to see all of you run for an office, any office. Only through debate can the best ideas come forth and be measured. Only through debate can the future of our nation best be determined.

Thank you, and vote for
Ravensfire, candidate for President

I STRONGLY second the two above nominations and would like to add that voting in this election may be one of the most challenging choices I've made in my 2.something demogames

People of Fanatikos,

I stand before you today to humbly state my case for re-election to the Presidency.

When this term began, Fanatikos stood on the edge of uncertainty. Violent forces outside of our borders were strong yet, thankfully, distracted. Our research program was a travesty, and there was no unified vison from our five city states.

Today, I am proud to announce our elevation to an enlightened age, and far before anyone's expectations. We also blaze boldly forward in our plans to enter a new goverment, one which will grant more autonomy to our city states. We are the most educated nation in the world, and our governors are working together more than ever before. We are able to repel any immediate threat.

Under our new government, the need for Marketplaces is immediate. I plan to work with our governors to raise Marketplaces in the same manner I persuaded them to build Libraries after Literature. In fact, if I have my way, the need for Markets will not even be a campaign issue because they will be near completed by this term's end.

There is also the need for Temples, as they are necessary before we can consider Cathedrals. Cathedrals will be necessary to maximize our growth in Term 3, and I would like to see us secure as many as we can with the use of Military Great Leaders. Production cities of 10+ would be last on the list for MGL use.

Militarily, we already have a system in place: Civantonia and Augean Stables are responsible for training our men for battle, as these cities possess both the facilities and the resources to do so. In Term 3, I pledge to push for the addition of military facilities in Olympus as well, so that we can properly train even more troops.

Near the end of Term 3, I believe we will finally have our chance to expand our empire by claiming expatriate territory. You can be assured that a healthy discussion will take place for each of our four current site options. I plan to lobby for the city of Pasargadae (Silks) as an eventual reality and the nearby Roman city (Furs) as a more imminent conquest.

For Wonders, I stand with Ravensfire in the belief that we shall have a vigorous discussion on which wonders we should pursue. Any discussion we have must include the Sistine Chapel, which will enhance our upcoming Cathedrals and ensure a core of Size 12 cities by the end of term 3.

In closing, I would like to apologize for the bolding of some items in this campaign post, but I wanted to make clear to all citizens my goals for the upcoming Term. When I applied for this job last time, I knew it would take two terms for me to complete my vision. I sincerely hope that you, the proud people of Fanatikos, will give me the chance to do just that.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

Hard choice, i am tradtionally Pro-zoi, but i did CC him. Then again he wont be able to step on the FA shoes when the shoes belong to me. hmmm.... and regentman makes some good points and his bandsmily is cool. i guess i will just vote on election day.

A question for Candiate Ravensfire (as DZ has already answered). War? what is it good for? Do you support begining wars this term?

I think I support the incumbent here, Donovan Zoi. I disagreed on building library in Priapos, being a latecomer city, I felt it more urgent to get our first temple to get more tiles and get one happiness as well. Now I have lined upfor building our first national market as well. So we can say Priapos was the first city with temple and marketplace.
However, except for a bit too strong focus on principles compared to own pragmatism, Donovan is a strong leader that shaped us up this term after a weak Term One, and he backed me up when we were about to waste 20 shields at the Great Library, against tunnelsighted lawyers.

Provolution said:
I think I support the incumbent here, Donovan Zoi. I disagreed on building library in Priapos, being a latecomer city, I felt it more urgent to get our first temple to get more tiles and get one happiness as well. Now I have lined upfor building our first national market as well. So we can say Priapos was the first city with temple and marketplace.
However, except for a bit too strong focus on principles compared to own pragmatism, Donovan is a strong leader that shaped us up this term after a weak Term One, and he backed me up when we were about to waste 20 shields at the Great Library, against tunnelsighted lawyers.

I agree with you. DZ has been a strong and dedicated leader who never forgot his duty and was always posting suggestions and discussing the other offices functions. He stimulated many officials to do their job right and I respect him for that. He also was active, and this is something a leader in the DG must be. Especially the President.

Start, the la cosa nostra has been controling these demogames for years. Its now just what freind of ours to vote for.

Show me, then. "Chancellor".

Nobody said:
A question for Candiate Ravensfire (as DZ has already answered). War? what is it good for? Do you support begining wars this term?
Yes.

First, we're going to start seeing the other civs be more aggressive towards us. With only 5 cities, and the perception of a weaker military, relative to theirs, as time goes on, it's going to happen. At a minimum, we need to prepare for war to be brought to us.

Second, we need to maintain some form of balance between the civs near us. We cannot allow a single civ to dominate our continent, as we will not be able to. We need to start looking for dogpiles, and see if we can't help the little guy out some, and maintain the balance.

Finally, we need to start finding work for our Expatriate Governor. It's time to start looking for cities that have resources, luxuries or high growth potential and capture them.

In any case, we need a highly focused war. My job will be to keep the focus on the objectives, and not go nuts during a war. We need tight, focused conflicts with specific goals. We need concrete plans, not vauge ranges of numbers.

-- Ravensfire, candidate for President

Question to both candidates:

Do you support One City - One Wonder Policy ?

That is Knights Templar for Augean Stables, Sistine Chapel for Styx and possibly Copernicus for Priapos ?

Provolution said:
Question to both candidates:

Do you support One City - One Wonder Policy ?

That is Knights Templar for Augean Stables, Sistine Chapel for Styx and possibly Copernicus for Priapos ?

Provolution,

Thank you for your question.

I would love nothing more than to grace each of our core cities with Wonders of the World. But we will need to make sure that a city possesses the facilities to produce such a marvel.

Take the Sistine Chapel in Styx, for instance. This is one of the earliest Wonders we will get a crack at, so time will be of the essence. Therefore, I cannot say with certainty that this important Wonder can be commissioned to the good people of Styx.

What I will tell you is this: any Scientific Great Leader we honor through our discoveries would likely be sent to Styx first. My pledge in sending an SGL to our lowest shield-producer would be my basic commitment to the One City/One Wonder plan.

I have plans to get Olympus up to Size 8-9 within the first two sessions of Term 3, so our capital will be the ideal place to build some Wonders quickly. Therefore, count on a vigorous discussion on how we can plan for as many Middle Age Wonders as possible.

Lastly, I strongly support the building of Knight's Templar in Augean Stables. It just makes sense, strategically and aesthetically. And I think you know what might be needed to build Copernicus in Priapos. :D Once again, a noble pursuit if we plan correctly.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

Top Bottom