#17 Spoiler Discussions

Smash

Super Lurker
Retired Moderator
Well,it didn't take too long to see a problem that would require a nautical solution :D

I have squeezed in 10 cities with 1 offshore.Its going along exceptionally well I feel.I went for Monarchy(est 2450bc) and Trade ASAP.Very good plan as it turned out.I have been playing Marco's like a concert violinist.With careful planning and execution I have recieved 16 of my 32 total techs from trades :D.This is some kind of record for me at this early point.
My first camel brought in 520 gold...I'm rich allready :D..5 boat ship chain running.So far I can't imagine it progressing any better..huts or no huts :D :D

What year are you in? 520 Gold!? Wow.

Man, you fit 10 cities on your home continent? I never could bring myself to do the ICS method.

I'm up to 400BC and have about 12 cities. I haven't seen one single hint of red yet. Probably good since I'm playing this one a bit looser than I normally do.

I have colossus and am working on HG and pyramids.

Haven't delivered a single caravan yet. :(

Hopefully I'll actually have time to finish the game this month.

at 1ad,but the first camel was delivered somewhere around 1000>800bc.

Yes,the cities are little crammed.They are mainly just helper cities so they don't need long term growth potential.They build caravans which are re-supported from the SSC/capitol.
The bonus was large cuz I hadn't discovered Invention/Navigation yet.Size 5 foreign city and a demanded commodity.Also,the origin city was celebrating "we love" in Monarchy.

Here is my maxed SSC/Capitol(research lab,no Flight yet) at 10% for luxuries,90%science.

Its going to be tight,but I may be able to land before 1000AD.GotM score won't be too high but that was not the objective.

I don't know.Its going to be slow going at first with one city.If the ai can be manipulated right,then a 1700ad might be doable.Certainly 1800 I would think.

Took the plunge, played too many turns too carelessly, but my goal will be to do better than GOTM 16.

ALMOST bit at an alternative SSC site (wine, whales, 2 fish, & lots of water).

ALMOST played the OCC, but figure I should learn a few more lessons before jumping there. Next lesson for me will be to visit the neighbors sooner. Still too preoccupied with Wonders. :o

I'm trying the Diplomatic guards, but have yet to deal with any Barbs. I've built a lot of wonders, that's been pleasant. I'm impressed with Smash's diplomacy -- as detailed below, even though I have a Spotless reputation, they won't exchange.

State secrets follow:

3950 BC, choose Alphabet and build a Warrior.
3750 BC, choose Code Laws over Writing, Warrior Code, Ceremonial Burial and many others. Warrior exploring river network.
3700 BC, Buy Warrior $8 then switch back to Settler.
3400 BC, irrigated the Corn.
3300 BC, CL, choose Ceremonial Burial over Writing, Bronze, Warrior Code, Map Making and others.
3250 BC, Cardiff produced first Settler.
3150 BC, built Kells on river bend. Producing 2 Settlers.
2850 BC, CB, choose Monarchy over Writing, Bronze, Mysticism, Map, Warrior Code and HBR, Masonry and Pottery.
2800 BC, located the Wine! None is building roads.
2700 BC, Cardiff produced second Settler. Building 2 Settlers.
2600 BC, built Carmarthen. Building 3 Settlers.
2450 BC, we are not Advanced, we are Hopeless! Yet we have 3 techs and nearly Monarchy to boot! Perhaps our Enemies were gifted...
2400 BC, Monarchy, choose Bronze / Trade over Writing, Map, Warrior, Mysticism, and other. Working to Mine then City on the Wine.
2300 AD, Kells builds Settler. 40,00,60% Revolution.
50,000 pop in 3 cities, $4 -0 =4, Sci 7/9, F11 Mfg=8, FS=7.6
2250 BC, Cunobelin proclaimed King of NEW CELTIC MONARCHY.
50,000 pop in 3 cities, $4 -0 =4, Sci 8/8, F11 Mfg=8, FS=10!

2050 BC, 90,000 pop in 3, $4, Sci 9/7, Mfg=8, FS=8.2, 3 Sett+3.
2000 BC, Bronze, ch Writing over Currency, Map... Armagh Gems.
1950 BC, fortified the PHALANX of Cardiff. Ahhh, safety.
100,000 people in 4, $6 -0 =6, Sci 13/6, Mfg=11 FS=8.0
American capital moved to New York ???
1700 BC, Writing, choose Currency over Map, Mysticism, Warrior, Pottery, Masonry, Literacy, HBR. Hanging Gardens first, and I'll risk not sailing for a while. Safety over agressive exploring...
100,000 people in 4, $6 -0 =6, Sci 13/6, Mfg=11 FS=8.0
1650 BC, Egyptian capital moved to Memphis? Buy Phalanx to boost Diplomat production. 3 Settlers + 2 + building first Diplomat.
1600 BC, built Caernarfon Wine.
1550 BC, 140,000 pop in 5 c, $7 -0 =7, Sci 15/7, Mfg=15 FS=8.4 !
We're first in nearly everything, but no longer in land area.
High Council reports we are #1 in Science, others drivel.
1450 BC, commission first DIPLOMAT.
1400 BC, Currency, choose Trade over Map, Pottery, Mysticism, Warrior, Literacy, Literacy & HBR. Caernarfon Wine Mine.
1300 BC, founded Tintagel. Still 2 content citizens. No enemies.
1200 BC, 3 Settlers+2, 2 Phalanx+1, 1 Diplomat +2 in production
170,000 pop in 6 c, $9 -0 =9, Sci 19/6, Mfg=19 FS=8.0
1100 BC, Trade, choose Map over Pottery, Warrior, Mysticism etc
1050 BC, Carmarthen first Temple. Caravans in production for Hanging Gardens, and we dream of Triremes w Diplomats.

975 BC, Egyptian Capital moved to Thebes? Founded Caerphilly.
875 BC, Map, choose Pottery over Mysticism, Warrior, etc.
850 BC, American capital moved to Washington? First TRIREME.
825 BC, founded Cork Hill. Mining Carmarthen.
800 BC, Temple of Cardiff, prebuild Hanging Gardens. Our Trireme crew has discovered the Tintagel Whale! I make continual use of what Starlifter calls IPRB, Incremental Partial Rush Buy, to build Caravans, Diplomats, even a Phalanx or two. With Writing comes 30. With Phalanx, 20. Now Trireme 40.

775 BC, the Americans have begun the Pyramids! Dip marooned.
750 BC, 290,000 pop in 8 c, $11 -2 =7, Sci 27/6, Mfg=32 FS=6.0
725 BC, Pottery, choose Masonry Pyramids Copernicus over Mysticism, Literacy, Seafaring Explorer, Warrior Code Archers, even HBR.
700 BC, the Egyptians also began Pyramids! I'm sweating!
675 BC, have completed 4 Mines. Trireme has located 3 specials.
625 BC, Egyptian capital moved to Elepantine... 7 turns to Pyrm.

575 BC, Masonry, choose Mysticism over Warrior, Seafaring, Mathematics, Construction, Literacy, HBR. We have 4 Temples.
410,000 pop in 8 c, $13 -4 =9, Sci 30/7, Mfg=39 FS=5.4

550 BC, built HANGING GARDENS, WLTK Cardiff. 4 turns to Pyrm.
525 BC, American capital moved to Boston !? 1+2 WLTK, 30,00,70%
500,000 pop in 8 c, $18 -4 =14, Sci 40/6, Mfg=37 FS=5.0
475 BC, all those $gold Caravans are about to win the Pyramids!
3 Settlers+1, Warrior, 5 Phx, 1 Trireme, 3 Dip+2, 4 Cara+4 prod.
450 BC, Cardiff built PYRAMIDS. Americans abandon! Egyptians change to Great Wall! Mysticism, choose Math Copernicus over Seafaring, Warrior Code, Literacy, Construction, HBR. Start Colossus!

425 BC, Americans started Great Wall, too. We have 3 of the top 5 cities, due to the WLTK. Still 2 Content/city.
300 BC, Mathematics, choose Astronomy over Warrior, Literacy, Seafaring, Construction, and HBR (Monotheism).
250 BC, the French began the Colossus - too late! Fifth Mine.
610,000 pop in 8 c, $16 -4 =12, Sci 38/7, Mfg=42 FS=4.5

225 BC, Built COLOSSUS. St Augustine epic: The Glorious Celts are the Largest. French switch to Marco Polo. Started 2 Libraries, in the case of Tintagel, 8 Sci * 1.5 is +4 for cost -1 gold. On closer analysis, I need one more Caravan for Copernicus right now.
200 BC, Egyptian capital moved to Heliopolis, and Americans to Washington !? What are they doing? I need Marco Polo. Cardiff IPRB Barracks for Library. Building caravans, not Catapult.
150 BC, Astronomy, choose Literacy over Warrior Code, Seafaring, Construction, and HBR -- thinking Religion.
125 BC, bought Library. Founded Rhymney. Met Icy Zulu Settler, denied 50g, they want War! Sixth Mine. Still no contact.

100 BC, built MARCO POLO. French abandon it. Planning Copernicus. Two enemies are building Great Wall. Dip located Zimbabwe.
75 BC, founded Iona. Our enemies are all Despotic. The Zulus are at war with the Greeks. The Egyptians are at war with the Sioux. The Greeks want Mathematics, but will not exchange. The French want Writing, but will not exchange. Our reputation is Spotless, and we have 14 advances. Trireme located Sparta, near Iona!
750,000 pop in 10 c, $23 -7 =16, Sci 62/5, Mfg=49 FS=4.9
50 BC, Zulu Trireme attacked and died! We are Veteran! Lost one WLTK. Noticed some cities now have only 1 content citizen.
25 BC, Literacy. Choices Warrior, Seafaring, Philosophy, Republic, Construction, and HBR. Philosophy leads to Monotheism, but the temptation to Warrior Code and capturing advances is very great. Or Republic might be best. I'm sticking to Religion and Diplomats once again, choose Philosophy, even though my Dips have yet to make a purchase. Building another Trireme for the Northern Islands.

1 AD, Greeks and Zulus sign a peace treaty. Ominous.
830,000 pop in 10 c, $22 -8 =14, Sci 63/5, Mfg=52 FS=4.5
3 Settlers+2, Warrior, 7 Phx+1, 1 Trireme+1, 5 Dip+1, 1 Cara+4 in prod, 7 Temples, 1 Library, building Copernicus, 15 advances.

20 AD, Americans develop Writing, but not Greeks nor Zulus.
60 AD, Greeks develop Iron Legion. We Philosophy, choose Warrior Code to attack Sparta over HBR for Monotheism, Republic, Seafaring, University, Medicine, Construction. Michelangelo & Magellan need Caravans, before we can consider Republic, Engineers, and Bridges. Immediately Archers, choose HBR over Seafaring, Republic, University, Medicine, Construction, Iron, Feudalism. Been rushing last Caravan for Copernicus, $217 gold in treasury.
900,000 pop in 10 c, $22 -8 =14, Sci 64/6, Mfg=55 FS=4.3
80 AD, Zulus and Greeks cancel peace treaty! First ARCHER.
In production: 3 Archers, 1 Dip, 2 Settlers, 3 Caravans.
Casualties: 14 Zulu, 16 Greek, 15 Warrior, 11 Horse, etc.
120 AD, Archer pillaged Spartan Mine. Building more Archers.
140 AD, Built COPERNICUS. Greeks demand 200g, War! Archer is now fortified on their Mountain. No customers.
920,000 pop in 10 c, $21 -8 =13, Sci 82/5, Mfg=58 FS=3.5 -!
160 AD, Zulus and Greeks cooperate against us! 1,030,000 pop.
180 AD, Horseback, choose Polytheism over many others.

I know I'm nowhere near as good as any of the vets, but I must say I played this wrong at every turn and this was easily the worst game of Civ I have ever played. I just got pounded on and could/did not expand near as well as I'd have like. I think I need more work on these island games.

I am so ashamed that this is my return to the GotM. I better do much better next month.

flp_ndrox: Did you post before under a different name before? Oh yeah, make sure you submit your game so that everyone can see how bad it was :) Just kidding, but do please submit just for comparisons.

Gonzo for Civ -- did I just see a post regarding your potential hesitation for submitting results for this GOTM?

Given the new players (both quantity & quality) I wonder if the bar has been raised...

Regarding this game, I've taken the last dozen turns & done nothing but emphasize trading. I noticed that I did not start a single new city in that timeframe (something that I'll have to rectify) & even lost the one city (Sparta) that I bought from the Zulus (I think that that town just enjoys the cultural changes from multiple governing experiences :D ). Science went up 50% over what it would have been -- an advance per 3 turns, for 14 cities (one being a standard SSC) in a democracy (now researching Elec, next should be Tactics) became effectively an advance for every two turns, with adjustements for science down & back.

I've taken a break in order to apply fresh eyes -- do I want to see if I can peacefully fly off to AC? No conquests at all? Only the one (returned) purchase?

A side note -- my trolling for barbs expedition team (one boat, one dip (and one purchased NON dragoon) is way behind delivery expectations -- may need a few more teams if a non pacifist yet democratic path is chosen. :cringe:

I tried OCC for this one. It was my first attempt at OCC. Despite all I had read on OCC, including Paul's multi page detailed review, I made a number of mistakes early on. OCC is just a different mind set!

Anyways, I lost. Egyptians landed in 2003. My 11 Structural, 1 (of each) Component, and 1 (of each)
Module Space Ship was not ready to fly yet in 2002. Regardless of Egyptians though, I would not have been able to make it to AC by 2020.

I made a detailed log like GaryNemo does. It is 6 pages long so I am not going to post it here.My biggest mistake, in retrospect, was to underestimate production needs. I achieved all the science I needed (Fusion Power finished in 1995) and were never strapped for cash but just could not produce fast enough. Big mistake was initially going for growth. My city was ready to go to size 9 in 75BC but my Aqueduct was not built till 360. Again my city was ready to go to size 13 in 1630 but my Sewer was not ready till 1786.

I made an alliance with Sioux early on and never fought with anyone. French attacked me a couple of times early on and Greeks right at the end. I did not lose much by these attacks. Barbarians were never a problem and I did capture a few of their leaders.

Egyptians were the leaders all along. In Science I was second to Egyptians with French a close 3rd. Zulus were destroyed by Greeks in 1802. All others were there till the end.

I only made 4 wonders, in order: Hanging Gardens, Colossus, Great Library, and Newton's. In retrospect Hanging Gardens was a mistake. It went with rapid growth strategy which was just out of balance. I intended to make Marco Polo, Copernicus, and Shakespeare's but were beaten by Americans, Sioux, and Egyptians resepectively. Some of these were built by others before I even had the needed tech to start them.

Ali Ardavan, when can we see your log? I've been encouraged to post my log, I include it with the save upload, and have abbreviated it below. I'm at 1500 AD, rolling up my enemies, loaded with all of the Wonders I want, and am likely to finish by 5 July.

I've tried using many more diplomats, managed by buy one Barb Caravel, but there are very few Barbs! I've tried two trade caravans, see PAID below. Science seems quick, 4 turns now, but have gotten precious little from the AI. There are many postings about the Purple Civ. I've left them for the time being with Banking, beyond me, hoping that Science is coming quicker for me as a result. Soon I'll need to bypass them to establish a Democracy.

As usual, I think I have too many guards -- I had few at first, but now feel I have more to loose. I also have 5 cities built on Hill Mines - a good tip! My core civ has 8 cities, many poised for max growth. I'm planning to conquer the world before Industrialization, hoping for a large population without polution. We'll see.

180 AD, Horseback, choose Polytheism over many others. Cardiff SSC building a Settler to preserve WLTK if content cut to one.
200 AD, Greek Elephant attacked Mtn and died.
220 AD, New York builds Great Wall, Washington builds Lighthouse, French abandon, Sioux change to Oracle, then Great Library.

260 AD, Polytheism, choose MONOTHEISM over many. Zulu Trireme damages our veteran. Just built several Settlers for population control & expansion. prebuild Michelangelo. Located Athens.
320 AD, Americans now Monarchy. (300 AD Revolution!?)
1140,000 pop in 11 c, $25 -8 =17, Sci 84/8, F11 Mfg=61 FS=3.8
360 AD, French now Monarchy, AI is cheating Oedo! Greeks won't sally forth. 4 more turns to Michelanglo!
400 AD, Monotheism, choose Seafaring Magellan over Republic, Wheel Leonardo, Feudalism, Construction, Medicine Engineers, University, Iron Bridges & Legions. Spartan Archer fires.
420 AD, Elephant storms Sparta, 108 gold, Iron Working. Dip located approaching Zulu Elephant, bribed for 228!
1290,000 pop in 12 c, $27 -8 =18, Sci 87/8, Mfg=64 FS=4.4

440 AD, built MICHELANGELO, Ahh. Sparta quiet, buy warriors and switch back to Legion. W Sioux, exch Philosophy for Wheel.
480 AD, Thebes built Great Library, Toynbee epic LARGEST: We are #1, #5. Puny Zulus, 6. Pathetic Sioux, 7. Hopeless Greeks. Couldn't afford Zulu Elephant 392g, killed it, we are Veteran. Zimbabwe now has city walls, drat!
500 AD, lost Dip to another Zulu Elephant!
520 AD, Avenged the Dip! Crusaders storm Athens, 81 gold.
560 AD, Seafaring, choose Navigation over Republic, Medicine, University, Construction, Feudalism. Thermopylae is Zulu.
580 AD, Bribed Zulu Catapult for 298, distance 8.5 is None.
Met Sioux Warrior, they want Iron Legions.
Bribed for $39, but distance 6 homes to city, drat! Chariot!
620 AD, Little Bighorn builds Oracle, Egyptians abandon.
640 AD, Zulu avenges success of our veteran Archer... Silver Caravan PAID only $28, and +2+2/turn. Thermopylae destroyed.
1930,000 pop in 14 c, $32 -9 =23, Sci 115/7, Mfg=82 FS=4.2

680 AD, Navigation, choose Republic over Construction / Invention, Medicine, Physics, University, Feudalism. Zulus develop Monarchy & revolt. Bribed Sioux Chariot for $162, distance 9 is None. Trampled Zulu Catapult. Located Corinth.
700 AD, first CARAVEL, also FIRST RED BARB Caravel!
720 AD, Library of Tintagel, Barb legion. Zapped. Bribed Caravel for $82, leaving only 8, very little gold, survived.
740 AD, built MAGELLAN, lost a Dip to a Zulu Elephant. Zulus offer $400, declined. Founded RhDurron & IMerthyr. Killed Zulu Settler, also Greek Catapult and Elephant, road to Corinth. Sailing fast!
2090,000 pop in 17 c, $40 -11 =29, Sci 122/7, Mfg=89 FS=4.4
760 AD, Sioux formed Republic, French mathematics. Zulu activity.
820 AD, Egyptians form Monarchy. Republic, choose Feudalism Theology over Construction Invention, Physics RR, University, Medicine Engineers, Banking. Corinth destroyed, drat! 30,00,70%

840 AD, Two Zulu Elephants threaten our Catapult! Bribed Greek Settler for $200, a None! Revolt into Republic. Need mines.
860 AD, Cunobelin proclaimed Consul of new Celtic Republic! Crusaders storm Stony Lake, $51 but no science. Still Spotless.
880 AD, Egyptians end war w Sioux, declare war on French! Our idiot Senate signs Cease Fire w Sioux, permitting Settler to wander. Blasted the 2 Zulu Elephants.
900 AD, Delphi fires at our mountain and looses, is empty! Legion captured it, $81. Treasury $253.
920 AD, Catapult into Bapedi, Sioux to Despotism!? Barb Horsemen. Greeks offer $83 for peace, rejected. 20,00,80%
2490,000 pop in 17 c, $42 -11 =31, Sci 214/4, Mfg=105 FS=4.5
940 AD, Bapedi sallies. Feudalism, choose Construction Invention over Theology content, Chivalry, Medicine, University, Physics RR, Banking, but I want them all! Mycenae & Argos founded.
960 AD, Bapedi kills our Spartan Legion. Crusaders storm, Explorer walks in and destroys Bapedi, $28, a waste! Subvert Pharsalos for $114, return $56 and a warrior. GREEKS DESTROYED. Then the Egyptians acquire 3 nice Science from the Great Library!? Zulus want to talk, our Senate signs a Peace Treaty w them.

1000 AD, hunting Barb Leader who has squandered his 2 Horsemen.
2720,000 pop in 23 c, $45 -11 =34, Sci 222/4, Mfg=127 FS=4.7
9 Settlers+9, 3 Warr, 9 Phx, 7 Archer, 3 Legion, 1 Pikeman, producing 1 Horse, 1 None Chariot, 2 Elephant, 4 Crusaders, 1 None Catapult, 2 Trireme, 2 Caravel, 11 Dip, 9 Cara+5 in prod, 2 Explorer, 8 Temples+3, 2 Library+1, 1 Market+1, 2 Harbor, Cardiff building City Walls, 26 advances, 1 Trade Route. Dreaming of Leonardo, Bach, and locating the remaining enemies.

1020 AD, Construction, choose Engineering Leonardo over Theology, Bridge, Physics RR, Medicine Engineers, University Isaac Newton, Banking, Chivalry (for War, first Leonardo and Horsemen). The Barb Leader (Bin Ladin) disappeared after only 100 years! Located Little Bighorn and Slim Buttes. Still 1 content citizen everywhere.
1060 AD, Sioux want Navigation, have BANKING, won't exchange. No other enemy has anything on us.
1080 AD, Engineering, choose Invention over Theology, Bridge, Chivalry, Medicine, University, Physics, Banking. Sioux Settler, about to be executed, vanished! Building Horsemen (Knights).
1100 AD, Egyptians want Navigation, then declare War!
1120 AD, Zulus declare war on us! Kill Settler & Pikeman.
3050,000 pop in 24 c, $48 -14 =34, Sci 241/4, Mfg=136 FS=4.8
1140 AD, Ulundi sallies 2 Legions. Killed them, lost a Crusader.
1160 AD, Invention! Choose Theology over Gunpowder, Chivalry, Physics, Medicine, Bridge, University, Banking (Sioux). Crusaders storm Ulundi and destroy it, $33. Zulus offer $400 for a Cease fire, we accept. Only Hlobane and Zimbabwe Walls remain.
1180 AD, Sending Dip to buy Hlobane, and continuing city buildup & founding. Since Bach is around the corner, planning Aquaduct in Cardiff, change current Temples to Harbors & Libraries, WLTK celebration before RailRoad clobbers Hanging Gardens, and Shakespeare. Bought Egyptian None Settler for $408.

1240 AD, built Leonardo. Theology. Choose Medicine over Chivalry, Bridge, University, Gunpowder, Physics, and Banking. The war units will have to wait, we're at peace w the Zulus. WLTK 20,20,60% Still 1 Content, Temple +Bach make 6 Content Citizens =7. Dip buys Hlobane for $408-9, Barracks & 3 troops, Zulus declare War, International Incident and drop from Spotless to Honorable. Lux to 60% for Anarchy.
1260 AD, reformed Republic, 20,20,60% and killing Zulus. New Zulu Trireme located Pi-Ramesses. 5 new WLTK, incl Cardiff SSC.
1280 AD, Silver Cardiff to Zimbabwe PAID $330, excellent!
3650,000 pop in 26 c, $60 -17 =47, Sci 209/5, Mfg=174 FS=4.6
11 Temple+2, 1 Aqua, 2 Library+1, 1 Market+1, 1 Harbor+3,
17 Settler+5, 11 Dip+1, 8 Caravan+6, 38 Units+6, 5 Caravel.
1300 AD, Egyptian Monarchy cheat! Founded Ephesos.
4,040,000 people, $590, Score 168 +160 +0 = 328 Scenario.
1320 AD, French Polytheism! Sioux Masonry! Library Caernarfon.
1340 AD, Built BACH, Medicine, choose Chivalry over Bridge, University, Gunpowder, Physics, Sanitation, and Banking. Barb Legions stack outside Hlobane, blasted by veteran Archer.

1360 AD, Sioux Caravan and Settler demand Navigation, declined. Cease fire expired. We have quickly built 9 Horsemen. Assault on Zimbabwe: Catapult and 2 Crusaders severely damaged, lost Legion and 2 Crusaders, 14 gold. ZULUS DESTROYED, yet we weep for all of the lost souls. But, what else could we do? And our merchants are complaining, the trade route fell from $6 to $3 per turn.
Noticed several cities with 0 Content citizens... 20,10,70%
4690,000 pop in 28 c, $70 -20 =50, Sci 293/4, Mfg=162 FS=4.3
1400 AD, Killdeer, Sioux Trade route, CHIVALRY, choose Bridge Trade over University, Gunpowder, Physics, Sanitation, and Banking. Founded Dinas Powys (Cardigan), fifth city on a Hill Mine.
1420 AD, Subverted Pi-Ramesses w Barracks, Pikeman for $404-29. $68 -21 =47, Sci 359/3, Mfg=168 20,00,80%
1460 AD, French & Egyptians sign peace treaty. 4,930,000 pop. Again attacked Killtree, Hawk Party War!, destroyed. Honorable. Now 8 units on shore in Egypt, killed a Catapult.

Plan: Avoid Industrialization, prep Railroad, leave Banking Purple AI, WLTK before Railroad, then Banking Democracy and WLTK again.
1480 AD, BRIDGE BUILDING, choose Physics Magnetism over University, Sanitation, Gunpowder and Banking. Killed Egyptian Elephant etc.

1500 AD, built SHAKESPEARE in Cardiff SSC. 20,00,80%
5170,000 pop in 32 c, $73 -24 =49, Sci 362/4, Mfg=182 FS=4.7
13 Temple+4, 1 Aqua+1, 3 Library+1, 2 Market+1, 3 Harbor+2, 1 Bx
18 Settler+7, 12 Dip+4, 1 Caravan+6, 9 Knights+1, 2 Catapult,
32 other units+2 in production, 5 Caravel, 2 Explorer.
Cardiff SSC is size 12, 54 trade, 16 tax, 128 Sci, 4+5 prod.

Some of my game data:

2400 BC -- 3 Cities -- pop= 50K, 2nd in pop, 1st in everything except military service (=7)
2100 BC -- 4 Cities (Tech = 8T)
1600 BC -- 5 cities (Tech = 7T)
1350 BC -- 6 Cities (Tech = 6T)
1300 BC start COL
900 BC -- 7 Cities
(850 BC -- Amerks start PYR; 825 BC FR start GL)
600 BC -- 8 cities
275 BC -- 10 Cities
150 BC -- Build PYR
120 AD -- 10 Cities
200 AD -- 10 Cities (Later note -- building caravans & Wonders comes at a cost of building cities)
Marco’s is complete: Celt -- 19 tech; other civs range from one to 4 cities, 8 to 12 tech. trade for a map of Greece (not too impressive -- only includes the greater metropolitan area of Athens with a view of the Zulu city of Sparta).

The turns roll by -- must be having fun (no notes taken)

:D

1540 AD -- 14 cities: Democracy, 39 techs, lots of Wonders
1700 AD -- 14 cities (almost all have three trade routes; Later note #2 -- As much fun as I have developing the land, it might be better to have these guys start some more towns) Still Democracy, 47 techs, the other 6 civs range from 1 to 7 cities and 20 to 34 techs. (#3 on the tech tree has 26 techs, so the difference of the GL could be described as 8 techs) Still supreme, still a spotless record. I have yet to attack a city or AI unit (bought Sparta, lost it back…Hmmm, maybe I’ll go for another visit).

I've stayed away from the game for about 10 days now, so let's see what a frech look will do -- do I try to stay mega peaceful & never attack? Or..........

:confused: :confused:

This was a very interesting month. I saw the starting position and did some black clicking, but then couldn't get to a computer for five days, so I thought about my strategy. No huts and fewer barbs means the fullest range for strategy because the chance element is minimized. I saw that I was on an medium small island, so some naval would be necessary. But there also looked like a strong possibility of some good river squares, so early science could work. OCC was tempting, but I did a lot of them at Apolyton a few years ago.

Since this was a Smash map, I thought I would try Smash's Early ICS Crush with Vet Knights plan, with a possible later switch to vet Ironclads depending on how fast it was going. The first step was figuring out the fastest way to monarchy. I thought about the early settler before size 2 in the capital strategy, but that would involve several turns of only one science beaker unless I mined the corn to silk, which would probably take too long. The first settler can be placed in one turn in an ICS diagonal frame, so I decided to try that. What a nice thing to find the conveniently placed river system! Thanks to the straight-through tech tree because of the scenario, I got to monarchy in time to switch in 2850 BC!

Game log:
3950 found Kells on the river 2 diagonal spaces away from Cardiff. Set build to warrior. (4 beakers/turn) research CB (11)
3900 rush Warrior in Cardiff (2g) Switch to settler.
3850 CB. => Alph (22)
3800 rush warrior in Kells (8g). Switch to Settler
3600 Alph. =>CoL (33)
3500 Cardiff size 2. Game sets extra worker to river (one extra beaker - useful for the odd number of 33) Set extra worker to forest. (4 beakers)
3450 Cardiff builds Settler- move one square South. A River! Set Kells worker to forest in anticipation of size 2. (4 beakers)
3400 move settler south to river building site. Kells size 2. extra worker on forest. (4 beakers)
3350 Found Camarthen (6 beakers - CoL in 2 turns) Rush warrior in Cardiff (8g) and switch to settler. Rush settler in Kells (19g) Extra worker to river.
3300 Kells builds settler - move along river. Spice noted for later. (could build on it too.) The river system continues, so follow it. (6 beakers/turn)
3250 CoL => Mon (48) Armagh founded (8 beakers/turn). worker on 2-food river. (size 1 - food; size 2 - shields). River system continues! Forest river square noted.
3200 Rush warrior in Camarthen (8g) change to settler
3150 Rush warrior in Kells (8g) change to settler
3100 Rush warrior in Armagh (8g) change to settler
2950 Monarchy! wait one turn for oedo. Cardiff to size 2 next. Rush Settler.

Research path fork here: bronze-currency-trade? HB - feud - chiv? (no wonder tech yet)
And what about writing for dip bribing and defence?
Finally I decide that Map making is necessary and gives lighthouse. (60 bk)

2900 Cardiff builds settler. move 1 square south to explore Camarthen river area. Revolution.
2850 Gov: Monarchy. Cardiff worker to fish. Kells to Spice. Settler makes road to Camarthen for defence.

2800 Kells size 2 (spice, river). Camarthen size 2 (river, river forest). Armagh sets worker to river forest. Rush warrior in Cardiff (13g) (13 bk/turn)
2750 Cardiff builds warrior. One more, then a wonder. (it's emporor) Settler explores river. terrain not suitable - continue down river.
2700 Armagh sixe 2 (river, river forest). Setler sees a coastal site.
2650 Map Making => HB. Micromanage Camarthen (river, river). Not enough $ to buy in Cardiff yet.
2600 found Caernafon 2 diag from Armagh. Camarthen builds settlers. move East. micro Armagh. Buy warriors in Cardiff (13g)
2550 Armagh builds Settlers. move SW. Cardiff Warriors => LH
2500 found Tintagel. rush settlers in Kells (8g). Cardiff size 2. Keep feeding Cardiff (fish).
2450 Kells builds settler. move W. uh-oh-black clicking shows no more room. move N. Found Carephilly in diagonal location on coast.
2350 HB =>WC
2300 - rush warriors and change in Caerphilly and Kells (8g each)
2250 found Cork in NW corner. Noting the pattern, I hope for a special. building trireme.
2200 PRB warrior for horse exploration in Tintagel.
2100 RB horse in Tintagel.
2050 WC => Writing (112) (not ready for feudalism to cancel the first building row) - Need one more settler round - there is room for only one more city before the 9-limit on Emporor is reached - it might be overseas...)
1900 - disorder in Kells - oops... need some warriors.
1800 - Writing => Feudalism. I should have 2-3 warriors per city by then to start the Knights.
Build Horse in Tintagel. Find Whale.
1750 - rush trireme in Cork.
1700 Trireme discovers whale and fish.
1600 Rhymney founded to get the wine hill. Settlers are roading. Horse to Trireme.
Almost ready for Feudalism.
1500 Feudalism => Chivalry. Switch Cardiff to Sun Tsu. need $. Trireme and horse exploring southern continent.
1400 Sparta discovered - Our first victim. Cardiff switched to max production before growing to size 4.

The rest of the game was less efficient. I found myself short of shields for STWA - perhaps it should have been built somewhere else? - and I didn't conquer particularly efficiently - I should have taken the reputation hit and razed Zimbabwe earlier, freeing kniights earlier for the later battles.
Greeks found 1400 bc/ conquered 750 bc/ (18 turns)
Zulus 1350bc/25bc/(42)
Sioux 475bc/25bc/(18)
Egyptians 325bc/400ad/(33)
French 460ad/680/(21)
Americans 680ad/900/(21)

1350 - Zulus - give CB but no peace... our second victim. We are going to be very short on shields for Sun Tzu's - set tax to max.
1300 Zulus attack and kill our horse. Bapedi discovered.
1150 Chivalry discovered. Set production to knights.
975 a dip tries to bribe Sparta - need 256g.
900 Greeks - war. bribe Bapedi 230g (get 79g, Currency)
825 Sparta razed. Bronze Working. Reject cease-fire.
775 Iona founded on site of Sparta. Trade developed.
750 Thermopylae bribed for 57g - Wheel. Athens razed. Greeks Destroyed.

700 rush STWA. Want 4 caravans for LH
550 Ulundi razed.
475 find Sioux. no peace. Build LH
425 raze Hlobane. take 150g for cease-fire (we'll get them later). Find Little Bighorn.
325 find egyptians
225 capture Little Bighorn. Masonry.
125 bribe Wounded Knee.
25 BC bribe Cedar Creek. Sioux destroyed. Raze Zimbabwe. Zulus destroyed. Polytheism.

100AD Elephantine razed. Pottery. Rush HG. Find French.
300 Build GW, subvert Heliopolis. Conquer Thebes (pyramids). Republic, Literacy
400 Alexandria bribed. Egypt destroyed.
460 French - get 125 tribute.
640 bribe Marseilles. Myst. Conquer Orleans.
660 Rheims conquered.
680 Paris conquered. French destroyed GL. Americans found. Finally!
760 bribe Boston.
860 Washington conquered
900 Americans destroyed. Victory. Cunobelin Augustus 164% Pop 4,750,000. Score 1640

AD 0001

Well I finally got started on this GOTM, and played thru 1 AD. It took me a little longer than Smash to fully realize I would not be getting off this rock without ships. :( As a result, I've been pretty cooped up! I only put 7 cities on my main continent, and have 11 total. I need to expand faster.... duhhh.

The big Revolution for Republic just happened 50 years before, and next turn will be the first results of WLTC days.

So far, I have not killed another Civ, and have also lost the Pyramids for a 2nd game in a row. This time it was because the AI's were all (and still are) building wonders like mad, though only the Pyramids is completed so far, and it is in a Capital (ugh). I had to decide between the Pyramids and the Hanging gardens.... and took HG. Without more support cities, my caravan building was stymied. The AI has been very very acitve with Wonder building and switching.

I forgot there are no raging hoards, but built a defense like there was, to prepare for the barbs, which I have hardly seen at all. No barb leader has yet been seen anywhere (by me anyway). So cash is tight, and most extortion money has been spend IPRBing Markets, since I could not afford the measly RBs. Hopefully a growing republic will help the cashflow, and compensate for Huts and Brabs. But only 5 cities can celebration, even at 30%.

I'm having to ration my trading of advances to keep the cost of science down, but could get about 5 more anytime. I'm researching Engineering so I can get KRC, then its on to Astronomy hopefully.

Two freight deliveries so far were less than 5% of Smash, LOL. And two measly arrows each. Only two more enroute to a nearby OS location :(.

Starlifter, GOTM 17 Log

*=Oedo Years

BC 4000 S-CB
BC 3950
BC 3900
BC 3850* Road
BC 3800
BC 3750 CB; S-A
BC 3700
BC 3650* Road
BC 3600
BC 3550
BC 3500
BC 3450* Road, Irr Wheat; Size 2
BC 3400
BC 3350
BC 3300
BC 3250* A; S-CL; S-Mine
BC 3200 ** Kells
BC 3150
BC 3100
BC 3050*
BC 3000 PRB Warrior
BC 2950
BC 2900
BC 2850* CL; S-Monarchy
BC 2800 Mine Complete
BC 2750 Settler; S-Temple; (Sci-12T)
BC 2700
BC 2650*
BC 2600
BC 2550
BC 2500
BC 2450* (#7 in science)
BC 2400 Carmarthen
BC 2350 Monarchy; S-BW
BC 2300 REVOLUTION; Settler
BC 2250* MONARCHY (70% Sci)
BC 2200
BC 2150 Warrior
BC 2100
BC 2050* Armgh; Sci-5T
BC 2000 BW; S-Writing
BC 1950 Warrior; Phalanx; S-Colossus
BC 1900
BC 1850*
BC 1800 Warrior
BC 1750 Settler
BC 1700 Writing; S-Lit; Start Cardiff Mine
BC 1650*
BC 1600 Island.........
BC 1550 Settler; IPRB (2g)
BC 1400
BC 1450* Cardiff=4
BC 1400
BC 1350
BC 1300 Lit; S-Myst; Start Mine(PreCh); Caenerfon
BC 1250* Cardiff Pheasant
BC 1200
BC 1150
BC 1100
BC 1050*
BC 1000 [Americans-Start GL]; Lit; S-Phil; PRB Dip(20); Mine Done; Irr Done
BC 0975
BC 0950 Diplomat; Reshuffle; Center Dip
BC 0925*
BC 0900
BC 0875
BC 0850 Phalanx
BC 0825* Phalanx
BC 0800 Philo; Currency; S-Trade; [Americnas start PYRAMIDS]; Colossus in 4 days; Sci-10T
BC 0775
BC 0750
BC 0725*
BC 0700 COLOSSUS; Diplomat; Tintangel on Wine; Start-Lib; (Cardiff#1, Kells#3); Bribe Barb Tri(82g)
BC 0675 RB Lib(146g); Barbs-No Ldr.
BC 0650 Barbs at Cardiff; Sci (6T); Start Oracle (Switch to HG)
BC 0625* Trade; S-Republic
BC 0600
BC 0575 French-S-Pyr; Am-Abandon GL; Am-Start GL
BC 0550 Settlers
BC 0525* Barbs coming at cardiff
BC 0500 Phalanx
BC 0475 Republic; S-Banking; Bribed Trireme, not Archer
BC 0450 [Americans-Switch from GL to Pyr]; Warrior
BC 0425* Cm-Freight
BC 0400 MARCO POLO

SUPREME-SPOTLESS (pop=510,000; Cz=21; 7 Cities)
Zulu-Icy-Despot-335g-09-MM Pot HBR WC IW (Wheel) 4Cit [WAR-Greece]
Fren-Neu-Despot-201g-08- Pot WC Mas Mat (Curr) 5Cit (Paris-Pyr)
Egyp-Rec-Despot-211g-09-MM Pot Mas Sea (HBR) 5Cit (Helio-Pyr)
Amer-Neu-Republ-190g-10-MM Pot Mas (CB) 5Cit (NYC-Pyr)
Gree-Unc-Despot-208g-07-MM Pot WC (HBR) 2Cit [WAR-Zulus]
Siou-Rec-Despot-261g-07- HBR Mas Cst (CL) 4Cit

BC 0375 Sioux-Gift All (6T to 5T); Won't Ally or MapSwap! Bastards
BC 0350
BC 0325* Banking; S-Pottery; [AMERICANS-PYRAMIDS][All change to HG]; Greek-PaidTribute(Phil); Peace; Swap-Rep-for-Pot; No Ally
BC 0300 [French Abandon HG]
BC 0275 Caravan
BC 0250 Bribed-Greek warrior(NONE,59g), Horse(NONE,112g)
BC 0225*
BC 0200 Cardiff=7; 1st Trade-kells-Cardiff-22g(2g); 2nd(22,2g); Sell Temple for Revolt; Revolt Hloblane(136g-30g; 4units; No Anarchy); Met Zulu-WAR; Moving Vet Legion to attack; Elvis in Cardiff(Celeb)
BC 0175 HANGING GARDENS; Medicine; S-Engineering;
BC 0150 Diplomat; Vet Legion Killed Badepi Ft.Phalanx; Took Badepi w/Warrior(no Anarchy; IW); PRB Mkt(135g)
BC 0125* Zulus-Offered MM for CF(NO); 200g-YES; 50g for peace(YES).
BC 0100 Zulus-WAR
BC 0075 Islandwanda(EmptySize1;6g; WC;city gone); Zulus-OfferMM for CF(NO); 50g(YES); Peace(NO)
BC 0050 Rhymeny; French-Peace; Swap Literacy for Math; REVOLUTION; Reshuffle
BC 0025* REPUBLIC; Americans&Greeks Declare War; Gift-Sioux(All but Medicine; No Ally; No Maps, Bastards); Rename cities

----------------------- AD 0001 ---------------------------

Pop: 0.930M (Republic)
Tax: 20% (30g, cost=10g)
Sci: 50% (67b, 9T) (20 Total Adv) (Advs cost about 546b)
Lux: 30%
Prod: 060MT (0T poll, 0 polluted tiles)
Cities: 11
Wonders: 3 (Ancient: Col; HG; Ren: MPE)

ENEMY:
Zulu: 2
French: 5
Egypt: 7
American: 5
Greek: 3
Sioux: 4

FORCES (3 are NONEs):
05 Settlers (1 in prod)
06 Warriors
07 Phalanx
01 Legion (1 In Prod)
01 Chariot
01 Horse
02 Trireme
02 Dips
03 Caravans (1 in prod)

I'll make some Screenshots when I get time later!

PS, This log is long so that it can help those that might want it for comparison with their own game. My early game is not the best, however, as I'm usually too conservative! If I were to replay this game, I would have skipped the barb traps (which did not pay off one bit so far), and gone to republic much sooner without making all the defenders. Two or 3 freight like Smash's would have paid off far more that a non-existant barb leader hunt, LOL.... Smash is right.... go for trade early on!! :)

A side note -- my trolling for barbs expedition team (one boat, one dip (and one purchased NON dragoon) is way behind delivery expectations -- may need a few more teams if a non pacifist yet democratic path is chosen.
Contrary to common sense, I really really really like raging hordes!! I really reallly realllllly dislike this barb setting. :cry: I rely on barbs so much. No hut barbs. no (very vew) sea barbs... an most importantly, I have not eve SEEN, much less KILLED a single solitary barb leader. Bummer. I started this game totally forgetting that it was not at raging hordes, and would really like to replay it.... Smash has the right solution. Build early and puch/expand/trade. I did bribe 2 barb triremes, but should not have taken the 2nd one.... now that I see how things are, I've wasted the 2nd one by having it mill around without it's diplomat, which is exploring on land. I passed on bribing any sea barbs that came ashore.

Almost all my core cities are on hills or rivers and tough. This game is as far as I've ever gone without masonry, LOL. They beat me to Pyramids (could have swapped for Masonry and got them at the expense of HG, though), and I don't need walls.... worked the diplomacy and swapping very carefyully and am seeding civs to do my reseach. I wish I did not have to acept a tech when I conquer a city, though. I sure did not want that waste of a tech called Warrior Code, but it beats getting stuck with HBR or Map Making.

I've still managed to avoid MapMaking and will jump it once thse slow poke americans finish their wonder and will swap me for Seafaring.

By Ali A:

I made a detailed log like GaryNemo does. It is 6 pages long so I am not going to post it here.My biggest mistake, in retrospect, was to underestimate production needs.

Shoot, post it dude! I like reading the logs.... in about 15 minutes, you can feel like you were "there" thru someone's game! People that don't like 'em can just scroll on down :).

I'm not sure why it is, but in this game I can't get people to trade with me, even if peaceful and Worshipful! I gift those danged Sioux like mad and they won't ally or swap maps. Ditto for the greeks, but I've found the greeks now anyway. I'm just going to crush the Zulu's last 2 cities, and only want gold from them until I do. Plus I'm going to send them some caravans and see the payoff.

by Old n Slow:

I've stayed away from the game for about 10 days now, so let's see what a frech look will do -- do I try to stay mega peaceful & never attack? Or...

My personal philosophy for GOTMs is to attack if you see a chance or weakness, or if you really have to. Keep relatively peaceful, and work on growth to 8 or 12, and perfecting needed terrain. Plus trade (even though I have not done much trading by 1 AD yet).

"Still supreme, still a spotless record. " - In 1700, that's pretty good! Lots of people attack, but even in GOTMs, I personally spot the AI a Spotless record on my part. I'd break a treaty if faced with annhilation or really serious setback, but otherwise, I keep mine spotless just to play it that way. :eek:

The first settler can be placed in one turn in an ICS diagonal frame, so I decided to try that. What a nice thing to find the conveniently placed river system! Thanks to the straight-through tech tree because of the scenario, I got to monarchy in time to switch in 2850 BC!
So did you use your 2nd NONE settler to make a city? I didn't and that probably cost me my 600 year Monarchy difference. I could not even quite squeeze out a 2450, by one turn. Ugh. Plus I founded my 1st city on a hill... no science from the hill :(.

Nice couquer game, BTW!

OK, I've made a couple graphics. Actually more, but since it is still early in the GOTM 17 cycle, I won't put up a map of the world (as I've found it so far) or my core empire, but will post them if no one objects and/or would like to see it. I have not strayed far from home yet, and have only discovered the Zulus and Greeks.

Here is my Capital & and Capital in AD 0001.....

I am impressed with everyone's posts, and am getting some results from the Caravan trade routes. Next time I hope I can do better, maybe Emperor again, Islands, Huts, and Raging Hordes?

Anyway, I'm worried about finishing this time, taking my son and his friends to the Chess World Open in Philadelphia for a week of down time. I've gotten every wonder I want, am now planning the capture of every city on the planet, and hoping to do it without the Industrialization pollution. Grigor looks tough!

1510 AD, founded Eretria Coal, killed another Egyptian Elephant, Explorer meets French Diplomat: treaty? We decline.
1520 AD, Physics, choose Steam Engine over Sanitation, University, Gunpowder, Magnetism, Banking. French catapults appear. They would ruthlessly smite the Egyptians for $100, we decline. We're planning to kill them all with our many Knights. 10 Units ashore in Egypt.
1530 AD, Hawks declare war on French, Knight kills catapult and becomes Veteran. Founded New Intombe.
1540 AD, Egyptian Elephant attacks & dies. Reduced Alexandria. exchange w Enthusiastic Americans, Invention for Banking, then Egyptians Great Library also get it. Why then, the Sioux had it? Now Steam Engine in 4 turns, not 3 turns. I want Democracy. Sending Silver Caravan to find Washington, Goto won't work.
1550 AD, Egyptian Elephant kills our Explorer. Steam Engine, choose Democracy (Bribery, Empire WLTK) over Sanitation, Gunpowder, University, Railroad, and Magnetism. I want them all! Built the Library of Carmarthen. Switched to 1 IronClad. Reduced Alexandria Pikeman, killed Elephant. Zimbabwe Courthouse, +1 trade Cardiff.
1560 AD, lost first Knight and a Crusader to an Egyptian Elephant. Need more Pikemen & Knights, also more than 4 Settlers to build roads to Egypt. Founded Thessalonica. Reduced Alexandria again.
1570 AD, Surrounded, Catapult stormed Alexandria, $15 +$60.

1580 AD, Democracy, choose Sanitation over RR, Gunpowder, University, Magnetism. Egyptians talk, Senate signs peace treaty with Egyptians, Catapult near our fortress! Silver Caravan in America, Goto command can't find Washington, #2 City. American Settler meets Caravan, demands Democracy, No.
5960,000 pop in 36 c, $86 -33 =53, Sci 421/3, Mfg=205 FS=4.5
1590 AD, the French began Sun Tzu, elephant appears. A Barb leader has been wandering loose in Sioux Land for 20+ turns! Tested WLTK at 10,40,50%, not worth it until Sanitation & formed Democracy. Caravel sank Sioux Trireme w 2 units. 20,00,80%
1600 AD, Americans discover Democracy, start SOL, peace treaty w French, ominous, first IRONCLAD, finished Hlobane road.
1610 AD, Sanitation, Choose Gunpowder over University, Magnetism, Railroad. Silver Cardiff to Washington PAID $585, and trade +9! About to be free of bribery, WLTK b4 RR, Revolution. Avignon. Crusader destroyed Egyptian catapult, Honorable to Despicable.
1620 AD, NEW CELTIC DEMOCRACY! 20,00,80%: $119 -36, Sci 564/3.
Zimbabwe Coal Mine is operating. Now 20,30,50% to start WLTK.
6560,000 pop in 36 c, $127 -36 =91, Sci 356/4, Mfg=211 FS=4.1
1630 AD, 11 cities started WLTK, small and large. Fdd Mpondo.
1640 AD, Gunpowder, choose Leadership Dragoons over Magnetism, University, Railroad. First SEWER. 20,40,40% 7190,000 pop.
1650 AD, French killed our Dip. Built SUN TZU, French abandon. Net 10 new WLTK. Killed Egyptians. Founded RhWhala, Ngome Iron.
8000,000 pop in 38 c, $137 -46 =89, Sci 333/5, Mfg=217 FS=3.9

1660 AD, Barbs in Our Sea! Egyptian Legion suicides, promoting our first Veteran Musketeer. Sioux started King Richard KRC. Lost 6 WLTK. Spent $600 again on Harbors, Markets, Aquaducts... Bribed Barb Legion for $82, Caravel for $82, killed other Legion. Founded IlMid. Bribed French Settler $196, None! 20,50,30%
9210,000 pop in 39 c, $161 -49 =112, Sci 259/6, Mfg=230 FS=3.8
1670 AD, gained some WLTK, lost, Net +2 WLTK. Rested catapult.
10180,000 pop in 40 c, $170 -53 =117, Sci 268/6, Mfg=246 FS=3.8
1680 AD, Egyptians and French sign secret alliance against us! We are out of food and gold, cutting back to 30,40,30% for one turn.
11350,000 pop in 40 c, $259 -53 =206, Sci 289/5, Mfg=246 FS=3.7

1690 AD, Leadership DRAGOONS, choose University over Magnetism and Railroad. Lost 5 WLTK, built Aquaduct of Athens. Gems ITara to Tintagel PAID $198, +3 +3. Our first Dragoon becomes Veteran, assaulting an Egyptian fortress. Catapult, Musketeer, Dragoons capture Elephantine, $18 w Aquaduct, secure it. Dip lands in France near Marseilles, they suddenly want to talk, our Senate signs a Cease Fire, so our Dip will travel their countryside while we advance in their South. Senate also CF w Egyptians!
11810,000 pop in 42 c, $264 -57 =207, Sci 292/5, Mfg=251 FS=3.7

1700 AD, French expelled our Dip back to Cardiff. Dropped several WLTK. Founded Troy. Cannot pillage Fortress w Cease Fire.
12330,000 pop in 43 c, $278 -64 =214, Sci 304/5, Mfg=270 FS=3.9
1710 AD, French do not kill Explorer. Egyptians sent away.
12960,000 pop in 43 c, $283 -67 =216, Sci 316/5, Mfg=267 FS=3.7
1720 AD, Egyptians abandon Statue! We Exchange Navigation for the American's University, they then demand Bridge Building, No. Bought another Sewer for $200, this time for Athens. Mapping Egypt and France. Worried about American Caravels.
13820,000 pop in 44 c, $293 -69 =224, Sci 334/5, Mfg=278 FS=3.6

1730 AD, Egyptians break CF to kill our Explorer! Choose Metallurgy Cannon Supermarket over Magnetism, Chemistry Engineers, Economics$, Gravity Isaac Newton, RR. Cannons to take Heliopolis. Immediately discover Metallurgy, thanks to the Americans. Torn between Chemistry and Magnetism. Choose Chemistry over Magnetism, Economics, Railroad, Gravity, and Conscription. Need Engineers to clear the remaining swamps and build mines, WLTK is short food. Built SOL STATUE OF LIBERTY, Americans abandon. Built second IRONCLAD, 2 more in production. Also 21 Settlers+8, 16 Dips+2, 4 Caravans+13, 52 troops+2, 6 Caravels, 1 Explorer+1. Forcing back the French Elephant, beginning operations against the Sioux, and planning to invade America, to finish this game. Vet Ironclad reduced Memphis. IPRB Colosseum for Zimbabwe Sewer. Senate signs CF w Sioux before any city captured! 14820,000 pop

1740 AD, Giza fires, our Musket is now vet. Little Bighorn completes KING RICHARDS CRUSADE. Madly building Caravans for Darwin & Adam Smith, using the Rule of 28: when a city has 28 production, switch to Dip, buy $4, switch back to Caravan in 3 turns. 2 Cannon blasts take out 2 Heliopolis Pikemen, Dragoons kill Archer. Again reduced Memphis, and killed a few Egyptians. WLTK is anemic, lack of Markets and food. 30,40,30%
15550,000 pop in 44 c, $300 -75 =225, Sci 362/5, Mfg=287 FS=3.4
1750 AD, Giza Legion charges futily, also Thebes Elephant...
Cardiff SSC is size 23, 102 Trade, 45 Tax, 128 Sci, 3+8 prod.
16590,000 pop in 44 c, $301 -76 =225, Sci 373/5, Mfg=289 FS=3.3

Top Bottom