1939 AD - WW2 - ColdWar

MaxRiga

Emperor

World has crossed the limit and most bloody war in human history is just about to begin!

You can play as one of superpowers on huge world map with realistic geographical borders at this time. All superpowers are also technological and military balanced for 1939 AD. Well, if you can hold your self in WW2 then prepare your self for ColdWar space race!

Installation details -
1- download file and unzip ( 1939AD-Earth.Civ5Map ) to (user)/my documents/my games/civ5/maps folder
2- launch you civ5 - go to mods ( accept )- single player - set up game - click on earth and find "1939 WW2" map - check in "Load Scenario"
3- take any of Civilizations and "Start Scenario"

Current version - 2

Download mod which allows you to play with the right time-turns from there - TIME MOD

Time mode Installation details -

Installation -

1- unzip "Scenarios Game Speed.zip" into - C: /// My Documents/ My Games/ CIV5 / MODS
2- launch CIV5, go to MODS / Browse MOD and check in - Scenarios Game Speed
3- go back to single player ( in MODS ) - set up game - click on earth and find "1900 or 1939" map - check in "Load Scenario", take any of Civilizations and "Start Scenario"

Attachments

• berlin-paris.JPG
    berlin-paris.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 9,079
  • marchonlosangeles.JPG
    marchonlosangeles.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 9,871
  • 1939AD-Earth.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 7,263
Quote :)

i crash on the scenario, i am sure is related to civ5 and not to scenario, is like the game goes in a loop and after a little crashes, but no crash report the error from event viewer is in CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll
The only hint i could offer you at the moment is to add more islands to move better planes and to create some more challenge with others. There is a error in scenario with date after 40 turns i am in 2930 dc
For the rest at level king the scenario is cool, thank you, like always a great job Max :)
Waiting for a complete scenario with units when sdk tools will work.

so uh...I notice that there are some borders that are just there without a city in there. Is that intentional? what's its uses and what not???

I think that the borders without cities is for conquest games, so if you conquest a civ you could get the new borders.

we need to use a mod active for the scenario
to see hawaii or alaska cities
I miss the c-130, it take hour for my troops to cross the pacific
or airports

There's an error with the way the dates proceed; after the first turn i was in 1975, then 2019, then 2100's (I quit playing, so I can't remember the exact figure.) Apart from that I'm loving it - played the first few rounds as the british, lots of fun. Thanks again Max! I played your mod for civ4 a lot, really pleased to see you back on the modscene for 5!

did anyone make a mod -mod with more civs
olso the AI is a idiot ,germany can get nothing ,it surrender to england in every game

I really like your scenario it's fun playing my personal favorite war to play through. But I think there are quite a few things that are incorrect. And a few things that I think would be nice if they were fine tuned.
Civilizations & Territory: There was no independent Arabia or Egypt they were colonies of Britain - Spain was not a colony of France it should be considered a City State - Ottoman Empire should be it's own neutral city state - Sweden & Finland are independent city states - Where is Warsaw? - Italians Occupied Ethiopia - Create Separate city states for South America - Mexico Should be a City State as it did not have an effect on WWII or the cold war - Industrial Areas such as the Ruhr, Detroit, England, Ural Factories, & Japan should be represented by manufactories - More RAILWAYS! - More improvements, the world was definitely not that barren in 1939 - Any "War Torn" areas could be represented by pillaged improvements - Sigfried Line or Maginot line represented by forts on the border - More Coal for everyone so there can be the proper amount of factories in cities - More Factories & improvements in cities, I think Prague had a market in it ;) - If it's 1939 why does Germany hold the Balkans and Denmark?
Units: More French, German, Russian units this was a massive war - British Infantry near "Belgium" - Less German & French Navy More British Navy - French should have tanks - British on Crete - Germans and Russians should have paratroopers - Germans free promos to simulate Spanish Civil War
Balance: Can you choose policies for the player like in civ 4? - Fix happiness penalty on British - Give French Happiness penalty to represent low morale - If Japan is at war with USA, Germany should be too - Stalin Mod for Russia? - Reveal whole world please ;)

ComradeKristov

I agree at many points but, unfortunately, it's hard to balance CIV5 scenarios :( CIV4 was more friendly to scenarios balance.

Reveal whole world please

It was revealed in first editions but it very slow dawn game performance and sometimes it didn't even load the scenario ( load crash ). So, I've decided to cover some land and water mass so to make scenario runs faster.

Can you choose policies for the player like in civ 4? - Fix happiness penalty on British - Give French Happiness penalty to represent low morale

Every player can manage it by him self, I found it more fun since you can choose what do u want to be - militaristic , economic or scientific.

Stalin Mod for Russia?

Personally, I will not be modding anything, but I'm ok if someone will combine this scenario with any mod.

the AI is a idiot ,germany can get nothing ,it surrender to england in every game

I know it and I have no idea how to fix it ( it's common problem for all my scenarios ).

There's an error with the way the dates proceed; after the first turn i was in 1975, then 2019, then 2100's (I quit playing, so I can't remember the exact figure.)

It's impossible to fix without modding but as I've mentioned above I'm not going to mod anything.

Its because the AIs don't build long-lasting allies. Germany ends up largely isolated, especially thanks to it being wedged between two military powers.

MaxRiga would you have a problem with me modifying your scenario and posting it? I have been working on it and have tweaked it significantly, but I want your permission before I post it. Just a courtesy thing ;)

lower AI level like prince so it's challenge at lease
o more units
credits to max riga only

fany fact: nuclar misiles dont ask if you want war, they just destroy

if any body is using giant map for this mod post it i can help finished
thanks
recomend science to 300% so war for 60 turn at lease

Top Bottom