2010 CFC Fantasy MLB Thread

thanks for the great season everyone! it was maybe the most fun yet. looking forward to next year and always open for discussion :)

addit: from my point of view, there were alot of positives this year. the participation level was great, even for the teams that did not fare too well. many hung in there and made the league far more competitive. thanks for that :)

scoring changes worked pretty well too, i think. yes, there are some things that need to be tweaked. but for the most part, it all worked out pretty well. i would however like to look more into Whomper's ideas about scoring.

thanks to those who engaged in fruitful and fair trade talks. it is refreshing to correspond with owners who are not trying to rip people off.

negatives this year: the BS trade offers i was receiving from some teams. do you guys realize how insulting it can be to offer to me your garbage for my players? really? i like to think i'm a gentleman here on the forums. but some of the garbage that was getting offered up insulted my senses :o also, to the teams that simply don't respond to private messages about trade offers etc, you're bad for the league imo. if you don't like a deal - or better yet - someone takes the time to write a friendly message about possible trades, please, take the time to write back or to respond. it's the right thing to do whether you want to engage in trade talks or not. to not respond is just rude. i ain't callin' anybody out here but you know who you are :)

Great season everyone. Especially to those who brought it home, the Grahamcrackers, Absecon and Hector.

I think it was a successful year and my only concern with the scoring system I proposed is whether yahoo can calculate it. Otherwise, I think a few tweaks would probably do the trick.

Hey El J, chill a little, dude!

I think I failed to respond to one trade in a timely fashion. It didn't strike me initially as a good one for me, and wasn't something I was looking for. And, you know what ? I was hellish busy at work at times over the last 6 months. You're right that a short rejection doesn't take long, but doing a bit of checking up to see if I'm missing something about the deal takes me more than 5 or 10 minutes, and I really didn't think anyone would be that offended if I failed to respond within a few days.

Not a big deal, and I can sympathise with being offered naff trades, but I think the positives this year outweighed the negatives.

Anyone want to nominate their top 3 performers & biggest 3 letdowns?

For me, I think I'd select:

On the Plus side:
3. Trevor Cahill - solid for an awful lot of the year.
2. Scherzer - picked him because of the raw talent, and dropped him when he was dropped to the minors. When he came back, I took him again, and finally got what I was hoping for.
1. Beltre - going from a pitcher's park to a hitter's one made him seem like a good pick up, and I was handsomely rewarded

Downside:
3. Ellsbury - not his fault he was out for the year, but a 2nd round pick going to waste was pretty disappointing. I really thought he'd be electrifying.
2. Fielder - 1st round pick, and a big drop-off from his 2009 performance. Oh well.
1. Reynolds - I knew I was getting a pack of Ks with this dude, but thought the HRs were worth it. But a BA less than 0.200 meant that he kept killing me week after week, in a slew of offensive categories. (And I had Jose Lopez as an alternative 3B... bleh!)

PS Thanks to ElJ for getting it all up and running - much appreciated!

Congrats Gramcrackers!

I got some meh trade offers, but I think I was probably a little too attached to my guys to look at most trades seriously. I still think any trade that involves Pujols is a little crazy though haha I could never bring myself to part with him.

Thanks for running the league El J, next year I'm gonna beat you when it counts!

It's probably impossible to get all of the stats right, personally I didn't have a problem with anything except when I would run up against someone with a pitching staff full of starters, but I can't fault them for that I guess. I ended up with like 5 or 6 closers, so it plays out like it has to.

Top Bottom