2010 Mafia Awards

Most Enjoyable Game

Lord of the Rings. This was such a brilliant game. I was lucky enough to play to play baddie Saruman, and had loads of fun with conjuring up some mischief.

Rhyming Mafia III: Associate Degree. Because rhyming mafia games are underrated.

Best Contributor to Mafia

Camikaze. Moar kudos to you for the LOTR game.

ATPG. Newts. Nuff said.

Most Enjoyable Games
Star Wars Came down to a close ending, very true to its setting and overall a solid large game
Spongebob Mafia Game
I read a bunch of games I didn't play and this was the funniest for spectators, taking itself seriously but with a very light-hearted setting.

Best Contributors
Zack - put together a lot of work into organizing everything and hosted some good games.
Camikaze - The LOTR game was really pretty good too, just didn't make it into my top votes but Camikaze has contributed a lot around here, and got a lot of new people active.

Most Enjoyable Games
1. LOTR was great, my first game ever here, very enjoyable experience.
2. Darn Those States--Loved this game. My first game as mafia, didn't play too well, but very mysterious and kept me on edge.

Best Contributors
1. Zack--Running the Info thread, the queue and everything, not to mention great games, you deserve it.
2. Camikaze--Great player, ran LoTR, knows what he's doing. 'Nuff said.

Best Contributors:
1. choxorn. No matter how well a game is designed, it is nothing without active and entertaining players. choxorn is constantly both, contributing greatly to every game he is involved with, more so than anyone else I can think of.
2. Zack. Great organiser, has really good things together for the mafia community.

I think ATPG should get an honourable mention here. He'd have everyone's top votes if only his two revolutionary games from last year were counted for the purposes of these awards.

Most Enjoyable Game:
1. Lord of the Rings. I feel kinda dirty voting for my own game, but I enjoyed it too! More than any other I played this year. I don't know if this is to be expected or not when you GM a game, but I wouldn't have bothered with the game if I wasn't happy with it, so I guess it is.
2. Vanilla Ice Cream With Sprinkles. I missed a whole slew of games this year, and this is pretty much the only one I actually got into. Plus, I really like clue games!

I didn't do enough this year to be counted as a best contributor, but thanks for the votes.

I may host a game here on CFC, possibly with Diamondeye as co-host. A Final Fantasy Mafia.

Winners in bold!

Best Contributor to Mafia

Spoiler :
11 points

• Zack
  • Camikaze

5 points

• Askthepizzaguy

1 points

• Darth Caesar
  • CCRunner
  • choxorn

Most Enjoyable Game

Spoiler :
14 points

• Lord of the Rings Mafia

5 points

• Star Wars Mafia: A New Hope

4 points

• Mars Attacks!
  • Those Darn States

3 points

• Masquerade Mafia
  • Vanilla Mafia

2 points

• Beatles Mafia
  • Tabula Rusa

1 point

• civplayah's experimental mafia
  • Pick Your Poison
  • Spongebob Mafia
  • Rhyming Mafia III

New voting! Closes in 48 hours!

Best Small Game

Spoiler :
6 points

• Masquerade Mafia

5 points

• Beatles Mafia
  • Zack Mafia
  • Vanilla Mafia

2 points

• Rhyming Mafia 3
  • C9: Snowblind
  • A Kingmaker's Lynch

1 point

• civplayah's Experimental Mafia
  • A Kingmaker's Lynch
Best Large Game

Spoiler :
9 points

• Those Darn States

7 points

5 points

• Mars Attacks
  • Star Wars: A New Hope

Best Setting/Storyline

Spoiler :
9 points

6 points

• Star Wars: A New Hope

5 points

• Mars Attacks!

4 points

• Masquerade Mafia
  • Vanilla Mafia
  • Those Darn States

1 point

• Beatles Mafia

My votes

Best Small Game

1. Vanilla Mafia

2. civplayah's experimental mafia

Best Large Game

1. Lord of the Rings Mafia

2. Abstain

Best Setting/Storyline

1. Lord of the Rings Mafia

2. Vanilla Mafia - just because the updates were awesome.

Best Small Game

1. Zack Mafia. More fun than a barrel of mafiosos.
2. A King Maker's Lynch. My first mafia game, very fun and a good start for me.

Best Large Game

1. A New Hope. Read through this and it seemed very much fun.
2. LOTR. Of good reputation and I've skimmed through it in the past.

Best Setting/Storyline

1. A New Hope. I love Star Wars.
2. LOTR. I love LOTR As well.

Best large: 1. Those damn states, 2. Star wars mafia

Best small: 1. Masquerade mafia

Best setting: 1. Mars Attacks, 2. Those Damn States

Zack, I think you and Camikaze actually tied for 'Best Contributor' (you missed Snerk's votes, it looks like).

Votes coming soon!

I could've swore I counted them, but I'll check again.

EDIT: Yep, forgot to count them. Thanks for the heads up Catharsis.

Best Small Game

1. Masquerade Mafia Yeah I've already talked forever about why this game was great. Another reason is that because of the infection mechanic, very few people were actually nightkilled over the course of the game (only one, I think: sprig) which gave them more opportunity to play.

2. Beatles Mafia Well-hosted game with an unexpected winner. I am running out of things to say about these award nominations you guys!

Best Large Game

Having only been in one large game this year, I am unqualified to vote on this award, but props to all the people who are willing to take on the job of hosting a large game. It must be quite taxing.

Best Setting/Storyline

1. Masquerade Mafia I am going to keep voting for it until it gets recognised for something!

2. Those Darn States Partly because the parade of American heroes makes me want to go out and impale enemies of freedom with my trusty flag, and partly because the 'List of Players' section contains the phrase, "Consciousness Trapped in a Cube Day Seven".

Honourable mentions to Snowblind and LotR.

Best Small Game

1. Beatles Mafia. So much fun. Had really nice characters and was well set-up.

2. C9- Snowblind. Even though it wasn't much, it was a great small game. Even though it didn't have any new features or abnormal characters, it was great fun.

Best Large Game

I'll abstain on this. Too many good choices.

Best Setting/Storyline

1. A New Hope. Even though I don't know anything about Star Wars, I really got into this game and enjoyed the updates so much. Props to both the hosts!!!

2. I'll vote Vanilla Mafia because I agree with Zack- the updates were very enjoyable.

Best Small Game

1. Zack Mafia My first game back.
2. Vanilla Mafia Lots of fun clues.

Best Large Game

1. Lord of the Rings Mafia I love Lord of the Rings.
2. Darn Those States Very engaging and mysterious.

Best Setting/Storyline

1. Lord of the Rings Mafia For the same reasons above.
2. Darn Those States Read above.

Best Small Game

Rhyming Mafia III: Associate Degree Another vote for this one due to my weakness for rhyming mafia games. (though IIRC the GM went missing halfway through in this one)
C9: Snowblind The two first lynches resulted in two dead scums. Town wins. Result!

Best Large Game

Lord of the Rings Mafia Brilliant game.
Abstain, i've not played enough games.

Best Setting/Storyline

Lord of the Rings Mafia
Abstain, i've not played enough games.

Best Small Game
1. Beatles Mafia - Lot of fun, especially for me.
2. A Kingmaker's Lynch - My second game here, and it was pretty fun too.

Best Large Game
Abstain, I don't think I've been in any large games here, only NotW.

Best Setting/Storyline
1. Mars Attacks was a lot of fun
2. Beatles Mafia - Well, it's the Beatles, what can you say.

Best Small Game:
1. Vanilla Ice Cream. Yeah Yeah, I'm voting for my own game, I know, but if Camikaze can do it, so can I. And what can I say, I really enjoyed it. It had been a while since I'd hosted a mafia game (without Zack's help) and this one was awesome. Thinking up of a role to give to everyone at some point was pretty good. I'm not sure what my favorite was.
2. Zack Mafia. Nice setup, Zack was the best host-mafia that CFC has ever seen. He's also the only one, but, meh.

Best Large Game:
1. Those Darn States. Earthling is a great host and a great game designer, and it was fun being mafia in this. Sadly, it was plagued by some failed mechanics and too many active player deaths (which sometimes doesn't matter, for people like me and Takhisis that will post all the time regardless of how dead we are), but it was still pretty good.
2. Mars Attacks. So much concentrated awesome, in one small game. Well, large game. You get what I'm trying to say.

Best Setting/Storyline:
1. Masquerade Mafia. CCRunner's writing in this game was amazing, as was the setting. It was one of the few small mafia games I've seen which bothered to give everyone an actual role, even if most were just townies.
2. Mars Attacks, for the entertaining updates Takhisis wrote. Seriously, it was funny.

Rules said:
You cannot vote for yourself or a game you hosted.
Camikaze's vote for his game was not counted, choxorn. ;) I didn't say anything because voting was practically over and the game was in a large lead anyways.

Hmm...maybe I should've read the voting rules... :blush:

Best Small Game:
1. Vanilla Ice Cream
2. ???

Best Large Game:
1. Those Darn States
2. ???

Best Setting/Storyline:
1. Vanilla Ice Cream. Surely this setting and storyline deserves an award, the number of times it's been used.
2. Those Darn States

Top Bottom