2012 NFL Offseason

Wow, talk about being a condescending jackass. Blacks just don't know what's best for them, eh?

Wow, talk about people who ignore the fact there is a separate thread for this...

Just wondering : Why are people like Drew Brees, Mike Wallace, etc. often referred to as holdouts
when they are not under contract to the team, and therefore not an employee of the team?

Because they are not yet free agents? :confused:

Just wondering : Why are people like Drew Brees, Mike Wallace, etc. often referred to as holdouts
when they are not under contract to the team, and therefore not an employee of the team?
Because they are not yet free agents? :confused:
I think they got the Franchise Tag, so, yeah.

I see your points but IMO you're not holding out unless you are under contract. Oh well.

So how 'bout them Bills?

They kinda still suck. It's like Fitzmagic suddenly remembered he was a Bill halfway through last season, though some are saying his injury had more of an effect than he let on. Still, if he fails, the backup is Vince Young (who I have pretty much given up on).

The defense and offense both have good pieces, but I need more reason to think they'll compete.

Also,

A potent gerontocracy of mediocrity.

Despite all the hype, I don't expect him to match Adrian Peterson the moment he steps on the field. Sure, he'll be good, but not THAT good.

Meh. Running backs.

Just curious, how well do you guys think Trent Richardson will do as a rookie for the Browns?

A better question might be "Will it matter how well Trent Richardson will do as a rookie
for the Browns?" They have a good enough O-line, but since their passing game will
likely suck again, Richardson will be seeing a boatload of 8 or 9 man fronts.

Meh. Running backs.

Yea, eventually GM's will catch on to the fact that drafting a runningback in the top 10 is a piss poor choice.

Rent Trichardson will either be splitting time in 3 years or injured.

I'm just going to take this moment to say that the Weeden pick sucked. They should have used it on getting a decent receiver. Then let Colt McCoy lead them to a high round pick and get a QB actually worth his pick.

A better question might be "Will it matter how well Trent Richardson will do as a rookie
for the Browns?" They have a good enough O-line, but since their passing game will
likely suck again, Richardson will be seeing a boatload of 8 or 9 man fronts.

Exactly. Richardson could very well be the best running back since the Browns came back, and their o-line is actually fairly good...but with nobody to stretch out the field, and with one of the three worst QB situations in the NFL, I don't see how he's going to have any space to work.

i think you get more value if you build a great o-line and get two mediocre-good running backs to share the work than go for a supposed franchise rb.

i think you get more value if you build a great o-line and get two mediocre-good running backs to share the work than go for a supposed franchise rb.

I agree. There are only a small handful of really elite running backs anyway, and they don't tend to last very long.

Top Bottom