2015 MLB season.

Taijuan Walker, last 7 starts: 51 Strikeouts, 3 Walks

And in his last 4 starts, it's 30 K's, 0 BB's (he has hit 2 batters, though).

Clearly we should start calling him "Taijuan Strikeouter" or something.

Farewell, Willie Bloomquist, the world's most irreplaceable replacement level player.

And also, Farewell, Willie Bloomquist's very replaceable sub-.400 OPS.

Billy Beane doesn't look like such a genius this year but it doesn't stop journalists/fangraphs from falling over themselves trying to rationalize his decisions. The Donaldson trade continues to make no sense--there must have been some personal thing here or some non-game related issue.

Oh and Rick Porcello is god-awful.

35% of the last forum page was dedicated to the Red Sox and Rick Porcello. What a time to be a Red Sox fan! :(

Thank god for not having Omar Infante on the AL All-Star team.

What the hell is the Panda trying to do there? :crazyeye:

People have been half-joking/half-seriously saying he was going with that old saying "if it's low, let it go; if it's high, let it fly" for hitting knuckleballers. I really do think that's why he was doing. But, uh, probably shouldn't ever swing at a ball you have to jump to hit.

I think one of those stats groups said it was the highest pitch anyone had put into play in over 5 1/2 years or something silly like that.

People have been half-joking/half-seriously saying he was going with that old saying "if it's low, let it go; if it's high, let it fly" for hitting knuckleballers. I really do think that's why he was doing. But, uh, probably shouldn't ever swing at a ball you have to jump to hit.

I think one of those stats groups said it was the highest pitch anyone had put into play in over 5 1/2 years or something silly like that.

Man was Panda really that sheltered away in SF? Those sorts of swings are standard [fornicating] procedure for Panda. The thing with him is sometimes he looks like a dope grounding out on a ball 2 feet over his head, but once in awhile he is magically transformed into the inexplicable god of hitting who takes a ball skimming the ground above opposite batters' box 15 rows behind the right field fence.

I've only seen the 'rip in peace' thing on the GameFAQs Baseboard. Are you posting on the Baseboard? :lol:

That expression is quite common elsewhere. For example Sips says it quite a great deal in his videos.

I was under the impression that was far worse for the Rangers than it was for the Tigers, given the Curse of Ian Kinsler.

Or was it the Curse of Nolan Ryan?

Both?

Top Bottom