New 2.13 patch out for Warlords!

841 MB... :eek:

Considering the 2.13 patch for the PC version is only 83 MB in size, Aspyr must have accidentally posted the whole Warlords disk for people to download. :crazyeye:

That is suspicious. If I ever get it all downloaded I'll report back. It may just be Safari reporting the size wrong. Somehow, I doubt it. Posting the entire disc instead of just the patch is so...Aspyresque.

This is what it says at Aspyr's site. They seem to think that it is 840 MBs.

CIVILIZATION IV WARLORDS 2.13 PATCH RELEASED
AUSTIN, Texas (March 12, 2008) – Aspyr Media today released a free patch for
Sid Meier’s Civilization IV Warlords. This update (840 MB) is available as
a free download at
http://support.aspyr.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=175&id=545.

Civilization IV Warlords 2.13

This is an official update for Sid Meier’s Civilization IV Warlords. This
patch will update any current version of the game to v2.13. This patch is
intended to bring the Mac version up to date with the PC version of the game
offering a variety of fixes.

Downloaded it on the Powerbook. I started the installer and the read me said it was a patch. I didn't go any further as Civ is installed on the iMac. The PB was too slow for Civ4. So, looks like a patch, a big one.

Yikes! 841 MB? That definitely sounds like an error on Aspyr's part. Until confirmed otherwise, I'll stay away from the patch.

Gatekeeper

I've got to agree. Something either got bundled with it in the upload phase, or they've given us something sweet for us being relatively patient. How does it compare to the PC equivalent?

I've downloaded and applied the patch. This patch also updates the vanilla Civilization IV application. One other interesting note is that prior to the patch I had an alternative main menu mp3. After the patch the music file was restored to it's original state. I'm guessing that this patch may 'refresh' some of the art and music assets as well as patching the application.

I've downloaded and applied the patch. This patch also updates the vanilla Civilization IV application. One other interesting note is that prior to the patch I had an alternative main menu mp3. After the patch the music file was restored to it's original state. I'm guessing that this patch may 'refresh' some of the art and music assets as well as patching the application.

Very nice.

And, welcome to CFC Ranger Joe! :)

Your first post, yet joined in 2002. ???

yes! at last!
OK, my disapproval of Aspyr evaporates in a 841MB cloud of smoke... now for some internet CIVVarlords! woot!

yes! at last!
OK, my disapproval of Aspyr evaporates in a 841MB cloud of smoke... now for some internet CIVVarlords! woot!

Hey, look out for that....cliff. :eek:

Moderator Action: Thread Stuck

Good news, I guess. I was beginning to think Aspyr had simply consigned all Civ4 development to the great bit bucket in the sky.

Downloaded, at a pathetic 70KBytes per second. After I check it out, I'll need to update the HoF Mod to run with it ready for the next WOTM.

[Edit] Grrr! I guess I'll have to maintain a copy of (vanilla 1.74 and warlords 2.08) PLUS create a fresh copy of (vanilla 1.74 and warlords 2.13), in order to maintain backwards support for the existing GOTM stuff! Good job I've got lots of disk space ...

It installed OK here, and it runs.

The entire updated Warlords folder is 600 MBytes, and I suspect it was replaced lock stock and barrel by the patch installer, as there's no other explanation for the huge download.

I'm further confused, as my Warlords application file's Get Info screen still says it's still version 2.08 build 25430, last modified in March '07, which is the same as the information on the old copy. In-game, the About this Build screen says it's version 213, and built in late February, so I guess the installation worked - it said it did! Anyone else seeing this?

There's nothing about Mac-specific changes in the read-me

Okay, I really just want to use this smilie.

What? the mac version of 2.13 has been released?!?!?!

:faint:

Moderator Action: Moved from the Mods thread, which has already been criticised for having non-relevant posts in it!

MMM, a nice birthday present for me! I can't wait to get home and download the patch!... anyone have a link to the patch notes so I can remember what's in the patch?

it is in the install screen - tons of stuff
I played for a bit tonight
so rusty
got my @$$ handed to me

Download is slow and breaks often for me. Anyone else having similar travails?

it conked out the first time at 105 MB
I just hit DL again and it came thru fine
try try again
or try at a later time of night?

comcast (arg!) cable here

Top Bottom