Default Player Name

Graven

Chieftain
Hey guys, so when I was playing Warlords, my default name was "Graven" (i.e. when I went into a single or multiplayer game, the top slot was all ready named Graven). Now that I've installed BtS, my default name is different -- it has reverted back to the name I had during Civ4 Vanilla.

I went into the options and created a profile for Graven, but it still won't default to it. I'm assuming there must be a file in the Civ4 folder that accounts for the issue, but I don't know where it is.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is this a subtle way of telling us you have received and installed BtS for Mac? :)

There's a CivilizationIV.ini text file for each variant of the game. They are stored in ~/Documents/Civilization IV/ and ~/Documents/Civilization Warlords/, and another one for BtS ... where '~/' means the Home folder for your current OS X account.

The Civilization.ini file can be edited in TextEdit, and includes a number of settings you can't change any other way. One of them is probably responsible for your leader name in new games. I suspect it's this one:

; In-game Alias
Alias = xxxxx

Change the value of Alias to change the name that comes up.

If you are talking about the Windows version then you need to go to ...\My Games\ instead of ~/Documents/, and use Notepad instead of TextEdit.

Subtle? :p

Thank you for the response though -- that worked perfectly.

On another note, there are a lot of considerable changes with BtS...going to take awhile to get used to it.

I think he meant where did you find BtS. I think you said Amazon US in another thread.

Top Bottom