3D Model & Motion Templates, for aspiring creators: Proposal

Originally posted by Kal-el
Stainz,

You should just link to the download from 3D-Cafe, rather than uploading the file to the CFC server. Also, I can't see any of your previews.

sorry dude, i,ll do that next time. if i can find the links for the ones i posted, i,ll change them.

i try to fix the previews.

Stainz,

I can see the previews now. Thanks. :) I wasn't trying to be demanding. I suppose you could upload them to the CFC server, I was trying to conserve space here and reduce traffic. I would rather crash somebody else's site than have the CFC server go down. :p

Anyway, thanks for putting up those models. Hopefully they will be put to good use.

good that you can see them.

i tried to put them onto my server but was having a nasty problem in doing so. and being as impatient as i am... well, they went here instead.

i concur, i would rather have someone else go down than CFC.

p.o.e.

Not me though, right? :p

GIDustin

Originally posted by GIDustin
Not me though, right? :p

GIDustin

well... why not¿

actually, i,ve been to your site a few times, and i must say, that it is nice. :goodjob:

Does anybody know what format Unreal Tournament characters are in? And isn't it possible to mod them?

Originally posted by OmniMower
They look like they are unmapped

yeah, the x-29 was missing a few meshes (at least i think it was.) but it was free. (;

i converted it to bmp from 3d max. but i don,t know how to change the background in the preview before i convert it to bmp so all i get is a black bg. i never really noticed myself.

maybe i should take it off the thread?

nah, keep it in, your import explains the polygon thing. :D the original is in 3DS format?

yup, it,s in .3ds

i also forgot. after the bmp conversion, i changed it to jpg for size reasons before i posted it.

i found a few more tonight, but i,m going to wait to post them to see if i can,t find out how to change the bg color so the pre views look a little better.

i tried to change the palette after the conversion but.... well i,ll just keep it at that ):

You can render with a certain background, right?

i didn,t render them. i did a quick render (not the same?) and saved as bmp. then converted to jpg.

i,m mostly cut,n paste. this 3d soft is really new to me. but i,m trying.

anyways, time for bed. i,ve been on nights since mon. and now i,m going back to days, so to get my sleep pattern right again, i haven,t been to sleep in about 26 hrs.

but tomorrow is another day. :)

p.o.e.

Gunpoint has this very cool patrol boat (FREE!) for D/L right now.

Gunpoint 3D Models

Attachments

• pboat.1.gif
    pboat.1.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 672
Is photoshop a practical application for making units?

Kal... I went to the link you gave for Gmax, and downloaded the installer from their web page, but instead of intsalling Gmax, it installs this game called "XIII" :ack:

The tutorial, textures and help ZIPs are correct, but the installer doesn't install Gmax :(

Any idea where else I could try to download it from?

If this thread (though rarely visited anymore) is for creators to share resources & otherwise aid each other - can someone suggest which 3D program would be best to use for a newcomer? What is the commonly used programs you guys use, so that us 'newbs' have a base model to work with?

Top Bottom