3D Model & Motion Templates, for aspiring creators: Proposal

grey fox

you can?? ill definetly check that..

any ideas what versions?

I've posted a naked human model in the other thread Kal-el started... Any discussion or comments should go here though to keep that thread less cluttered.

Is it skeleton based?

What Format is it in?

Could someone do an animation of someone shooting with a Rifle, I know Balou's Final Fantasy unit will have almost what I want.

But if you have a unit with a great skeleton I can make my own animation. It's the skeleton part I'm not good with.

I just posted the FLC files... The moray files are huge (about 40 meg for the run alone). Part of the reason for this is that it's done in Poser and has more detail then is needed. But also during the conversion to Moray UDO it seems to balloon the size of the files. I was planning on making a rifle animation for it. Don't know if that will help since it's gear towards cut and paste.

Different attack styles on your naked guy is a great idea I may use it for my units.

I would suggest several attacks (bow, staff, punching even?) I need some where the guy just waves his hands as if casting a spell.

GIDustin

any one want my ideas for "guerilla moon scinerio"

Hey folks -

I would love to try making some units, but 3D software is a little out of my budget right now. Has anyone been using freeware? I downloaded this thing called 3D Canvas, and it appears to be a good program. I don't want to waste my time on it if it's not compatible with the Civ3 files. Does anyone know anything about it?

Anyway, I'm not a bad artist, and if I can't do the actual units, I'd love to do concept work for any type of scenario.

is it ok to post something that someone else made?

i have a few 3ds units that i,ve d/l off the net, and i think would look great as units in the game. one is a personal hovercraft that looks like this

Stainz,

I guess I would try and contact the person who made the model. If there is no way to contact them they probably gave up rights to it when they posted it on the net for download. But I am not sure 100% on that.

Kinboat,

Anyway that we can see some previews of that model you posted over on the other thread?

On that note:

It would be a good idea to give some previews when anybody posts some more models on the other thread.

Sorry I should have thought of that... And I'm still working throught some other attack animations for it. Here's a preview of the run.

Attachments

• humanrun.gif
    humanrun.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 725
Originally posted by Nder
Stainz,

I guess I would try and contact the person who made the model. If there is no way to contact them they probably gave up rights to it when they posted it on the net for download. But I am not sure 100% on that.

they were free, mostly from 3d cafe or links therein. i,ll post what i have in the other thread and if a mod thinks that they should be removed, i,ll do so. i just have to zip them up and post them with a preview.

3D-Cafe is one site where people can get tons of free models. Most are in 3DS format but there are also some in DXF.

So get your Free Stuff at 3D-Cafe

and if anybody knows of any other secret Cache's out there please place a link in this thread as well.

www.freedomforcecenter.net has a bunch of 3DS models for use in that game, but there is no reason why they can't be used as base models for Civ3 units as well. If you are not familiar with the game, it is a superhero TBS, looks cool, haven't played it. I do know that the models are all in 3DS format so if you download the models from www.freedomforcecenter.com or the "Pregen In-Game Character Models" and "All Custom Character Models" downloads from http://www.irrational-games.com/modforce/downloads.htm you should be able to use those and make some cool units.

Ok, I just uploaded preview images and links to a bunch of good models over at 3D-Cafe in the other thread. There are a lots of others available there, I just posted the ones I thought were the best.

Kinboat, could you also post your base model in 3DS format for other people to use?

Nder,

thanks for all those models. Hopefully someone will be able to use them.

Stainz,

You should just link to the download from 3D-Cafe, rather than uploading the file to the CFC server. Also, I can't see any of your previews.

I uploaded a bunch of models, 14 to be exact, from the game Freedom Force. I think these should be usable via 3ds max.

There are a couple of big downloads available through ModForce.com or follow the links below:

Pregen In-Game Character Models: Includes the character models, skins, keyframes, and .max files for all of the characters included in the game. (about 16MB)

and

All Custom Character Models: The post-release custom characters released by Irrational in one easy-to-download package. (about 10MB)

the models I uploaded on the other thread are not available in these two downloads.

Top Bottom