4th Annual CivFanatics Chess Tournament

Looks like my (the 3rd) division will be the last to finish in round 1.

And with six players in round (though it could be more if there are ties), looks like that'll be the final.

This may be the first CFC tourney ever that finishes in less than a year.

Just had a game with Chamnix that was VERY interesting, particularly toward the end.

The first half, we both made quite a few mistakes, I played slapdash, frankly. Then the second half I started actually thinking. The result was a great game (I think). I only won because of a mistake though. Frankly, I think the game was going to be a tie game.

http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=40773004

Damn, I was following that game, thinking that was going to be a draw! Now I stand no realistic chance of tying for second place in the group, and I already took a HUGE risk in another game to avoid drawing ... Well played though, it was an interesting game, enjoyed watching it!

A likely excuse!

j/k.

I felt like i was well on my way to victory on the first game, but really wanted to see it through.

The second one I think you had the advantage when you timed out.

A couple questions if you guys don't mind....

Looking at one of the current games, I noticed it says 1 move per five days, so does that mean you only have five days to make your move, or that you, the player, cannot make more then one move in five days even if your opponent moves within minutes of you moving?

Can I setup email alerts for other players games? I tried to locate some way, but couldn't find anything.

Do the correspondence games add/subtract to your overall rating? Edit: Looks like its an option when the game starts.

Sorry for my timeouts guys...
I had a sudden pileup of all kinds of stuff and somehow just the tournament was even going on. Ah well, I was not hoping for a pedestal position anyway.:)

Whenever someone sets it up. To be honest, I'm probably not going to do the honors this year as I've lost interest in correspondence chess.

Hey Pete, I'm not motivated enough to organize another event (also my premeium membership has expired so I'm not sure I can set up a large tournament) but I'd be willing to play in one even though I'm not super psyched about coorespondence anymore now that I can play so much live-chess locally.

By the way, you might be interested in this, it's free : http://chessintheschools.org/resources/PDF/410-Chess-in-the-Parks-FLIER.pdf

(scroll past picture for info)

I never crested above 1680ish, and was only able to maintain that for a few months while I was playing 5 to 10 games at a time.

I wasn't necessarily proposing a Chess.com tournament, but just an informal ladder-type thingy. We could use any site for the matches and just record the win/loss/draw and game record here.

Of course, I'm saying all this, but I don't really know that I can take on anything that involves more than an hour a week :sad:

Top Bottom