[BNW] (5UC) 5th Unique Component Project

I can probably change the name of the Intiwasi and switch Pesantren later to a Public School replacement. The hokura's name will stay though, because its main point (super fast to produce) makes the most sense if it's a hokura, which are miniature shrines. If Ulhan isn't enough of a Polish specific name, I can look at switching that too.

Pesantren has been switched to Public School. Intiwasi has been left and instead the Qurikancha has been renamed to Ushnu. Uhlan has been left as it is, because it is specifically a Polish term. The mod now correctly reloads the strategic view and landmark system, so the new improvements will be correct visually in strategic mode.

I've also corrected an issue that arose with India's Sewer being awarded to any civ that completed Tradition. Unfortunately, fixing this meant switching the replacement building and what it does (the issue is that the game is giving the lowest-era building that has a food carried bonus). It now replaces Water Mill instead of Aqueduct. Speaking of this, Ottoman's Cistern has been changed. Because it will stack with the aqueducts that are now correctly awarded again by Tradition, I've dropped the food carried bonus and given it other properties.

Pesantren has been switched to Public School. Intiwasi has been left and instead the Qurikancha has been renamed to Ushnu. Uhlan has been left as it is, because it is specifically a Polish term. The mod now correctly reloads the strategic view and landmark system, so the new improvements will be correct visually in strategic mode.

I've also corrected an issue that arose with India's Sewer being awarded to any civ that completed Tradition. Unfortunately, fixing this meant switching the replacement building and what it does (the issue is that the game is giving the lowest-era building that has a food carried bonus). It now replaces Water Mill instead of Aqueduct. Speaking of this, Ottoman's Cistern has been changed. Because it will stack with the aqueducts that are now correctly awarded again by Tradition, I've dropped the food carried bonus and given it other properties.
Pesantren - ok, Flax and Eki - ok, Ushnu - VERY good! But there were no issues with Sewers and Cistern... I've just tried 4 games, one with Ottoman, one with India and two others with other civs. Closing Tradition branch always worked correctly. India recieved Sewers, Ottoman recieves Cistern (and NO stacking Aqueducts), and others recieved aquduts

Were you running any other mods apart form this one, because in the unmodded DLL of the base game the tradition finisher is coded as a Free building and not a free buildingclass. This is fixed in (DLL) mods such as the CP/VMC

Code:
[...]
<Row>
            <Type>POLICY_TRADITION_FINISHER</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_POLICY_BRANCH_TRADITION</Description>
            <CityGrowthMod>15</CityGrowthMod>
            <NumCitiesFreeFoodBuilding>4</NumCitiesFreeFoodBuilding><!--inspect the DLL to see how this works, and you'll see it doesn't take buildingclasses-->
        </Row>
[...]

EDIT: I succesfully :ninja:'d KevinJK :lol:

Last edited:
There absolutely is a bug with that, but it's in the base game and would require a DLL edit to fix. You're using the Community Patch (which is a DLL mod), and so am I. Community Patch fixes this issue and is why I hadn't seen this when testing this mod. The issue was that the Tradition finisher was awarding the lowest-era food carryover building that it found. Community Patch changes it to award the Aqueduct building class specifically (this change also means it won't award it until you've got Engineering). This makes it work more like other free building policies and means that civs with unique Aqueducts will get their uniques. I don't feel right requiring the Community Patch to get correct functionality from this mod. I'm fine with Sewer being a Watermill replacement now, and I may just switch Cistern to another building class too and be done with it.

Were you running any other mods apart form this one
Hmm... I use my own combine-mod, that mixes 3rd, 4th, 5th UCs mods, Better Aqueducts..., Workable Mountains, Denmark Exploration, Indonesia Improved and several more mini-tweaks. Plus True Alternatives Leaders pseudoDLC and Tokata's Advanced Civilopedia. May be dll-fix is somewhere in "Better Aqueducts..." or Workable Mountains"?

As the author of both of those mods, as well as several others you listed, I can definitively say that they include no DLL edits. I've never done any because they'd conflict due to the game only allowing a single mod to do that.

If you aren't using the Community Patch though, I do recommend it. I don't use the Community Balance Patch, just the basic patch that fixes a lot of stuff. Which apparently includes this issue I was told about by users on the Steam page for this mod.

The Egyptian Flax improvement provides no flax. So if you build 2 flax improvements, you don't have 2 flax, but just 2 flax improvements. I'm not sure if this is an overisight or intentional. It could be that flax is intended to be like, say, wheat, which is also non-tradable. (But it is a resource and flax isn't in the resource list of the Civopedia.)

Top Bottom