[Vote] (6-70) Add New City-States When Major Civs Are Absent Ingame

Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a monumental task w.r.t. Writing out 42 new pedia entries. I think that’s the biggest part.

If you’ve ever bothered to look at the pedia entries for individual CS they are quite detailed and informative. IMO they are generally of higher quality than the major civ pedia entries.
Oh...didn't see that coming. :lol:

Could use some help with that.

Pedia entries are a great way to leverage community engagement, because you don’t need to know how to code. Alternatively, you could have an AI write them and do some fact checking.

This is going to be a monumental task w.r.t. Writing out 42 new pedia entries. I think that’s the biggest part.

If you’ve ever bothered to look at the pedia entries for individual CS they are quite detailed and informative. IMO they are generally of higher quality than the major civ pedia entries.
It can be done with shortcut like it was done with Amercans WWs. One quote for every. One splash screen for every. Here can be the same.

Oh...didn't see that coming. :lol:

Could use some help with that.
I can do the work on that front. I already know how I arrived to each decision, so it's easier.
That's a minor issue imho. I didn't even know that CSs are in civilopedia.
That's what I fear tbh : doing hours and hours of work that nobody will even notice.
I have long considered 43-civ to be vp's main event, so really I don't anticipate seeing much of this change. Sounds interesting though

On the topic of Iroquois, it's not a problem to stick with onondaga by any means, but if the intent is to represent the "other" Iroquois cultures, there are a number of other choices that come to mind, however for the sake of brevity I'll just pick one, on the basis that I have not seen it represented anywhere else, in any other mod etc: the Susquehannock were an Iroquoian culture that was a distinct polity from the 5/6 nations Iroquois represented in the game. They were eventually absorbed by the game's Iroquois, but largely due to interactions with European militias, they were once quite a prominent group and largely a victim of circumstance. Tracking down settlement names from pre-contact times is nigh impossible, but in early colonial era they became known for a settlement, "Conestoga". It never really achieved status as a great city of the world or anything like that, but neither did onondaga really, we're talking a "what if" alternate universe...
The goal was to show how, according to the mythical origins of the Iroquois, the Onondaga, led by Tadodaho, were a violent people that terrorized the region of the Great Lakes. Without the Great Peacemaker to create the union we know about, the result would thus be a Militaristic City-State that represents the Onondaga alone.

That said, I'm very aware of the fact that the Five Nations only represented a part of the Iroquoian peoples, with many other groups present throughout the eastern half of Northern America : the Cherokee come to mind.

I can do the work on that front. I already know how I arrived to each decision, so it's easier.
That's what I fear tbh : doing hours and hours of work that nobody will even notice.
Alright!

Honestly, you can probably keep it brief. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom