(6-WD) Buff Moai (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarcomu

King
Current :

Moais :
  • Must be built adjacent to the Coast.
  • +1 :c5production: Production and +1 :c5culture: Culture.
  • +2 Border Growth Points.
  • +1 :c5culture: Culture for each adjacent Moais.
  • +1 :c5culture: Culture for being adjacent to a City.
  • +1 :c5production: Production at Engineering.
  • +1 :c5gold: Gold at Flight.
  • +1 :c5culture: Culture and -1 Border Growth Point at Astronomy.
  • +1 :c5culture: Culture and -1 Border Growth Point at Architecture.
  • Grants +20% :c5strength: Combat Strength to nearby Polynesian Units within 3 tiles.

Proposal :

Moais gives +1 :c5culture: to adjacent city.

Rational :

The previous proposal considered that having a city on the coast makes you lose moais adjacency bonuses, however you still wants to settle there. So it added +1 :c5culture: for being adjacent to city. However, settling on the coast both makes you lose +1 :c5culture: to adjacent moais, but also the moai you cannot place would have gained :c5culture: from adjacent moais. This proposal simulate the city to possess an inherent moai in it, which solve the problem.

It won't even solve the problem because the city would still get the bonus if it's off the coast, allowing you to keep maximizing the number of moais.

Yup, it would basically reinstate the old problem, just with more culture overall. Now you would just be incentivized to move the city off coast again, because it’s a free Moai adjacency, and acts as a Moai itself too.

It won't even solve the problem because the city would still get the bonus if it's off the coast, allowing you to keep maximizing the number of moais.
Indeed, I didn't thought about it... However it is also the case with actual implementation.
Is a city considered an improvement, thus having an adjacency mechanic ?

A city is considered a city. It’s an entirely separate animal from improvements.

No, it's not considered an improvement.

The culture the moai gets for being adjacent to the city is a consolation prize. Making it work in reverse as well is neutral in terms of benefitting settling on the coast vs settling off the coast.

Ok, so since my implementation is either too hard to reach desired effect (only works for cities on the coast) or exploitable (works for cities outside the coast), I'd like to withdraw this proposal.

Ok, so since my implementation is either too hard to reach desired effect (only works for cities on the coast) or exploitable (works for cities outside the coast), I'd like to withdraw this proposal.
MAGI: PROPOSAL WITHDRAWN BY REQUEST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom