What Video Games Have You Been Playing #12: Rage Quit - ain't my thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid that, reading the title, I already failed :(

There is a comeback mechanism for the Civ 5 AI. It's called Acken Mod. The damn thing has been released for YEARS now and still only three or four people have actually BEATEN it at max difficulty. It's the very best iteration of Civ 5 ever and probably my favorite 4x in general. Great balance mod, great AI tweaks, nice QoL features, much better warfare, better victory condition management, it's simply perfect. It's all Civ 5 could have done right.

if you ever want a REAL challenge for Civ 5, give it a shot. I needed more than 30+ start rerolling and 100 reloads to even finish, but then again I'm a pretty mediocre Civ player.

My Stalker game of The Long Dark ended on Day 90, frozen to death in a blizzard after getting attacked by a wolf, maybe 20 feet from shelter. :undecide:

I wanted achievements. :(

There is a way to reload in ironman. Actually two ways. Ruins the spirit of the game mode, but then Paradox does this no matter what by ignoring bug reports that the game lies to players for years. YMMV on usage.

1) The moment a bad event happens, task manager kill the process before the game autosaves, and you get taken back to last (usually within a month) autosave.
2) Copy/paste your save into a different folder, and then copy/paste it back any time you want to redo from that save. Requires forethought, but can be quite useful when the game has rules it won't tell you.

I raged twice already today. multiplayer games bring out the worst in me. also, Teamfight Tactics is a trash game and I don't want to be its slave anymore.

I raged twice already today. multiplayer games bring out the worst in me.
PvP brings the worst in many people. That's why I'm going to roll on a PvE server when Classic get released.

I'm actually too scared to play WoW Classic, it would unleash the beast in me and I might never return to normal life. you're either very brave or weak, my friend :lol:

PvP can be fun but so many people take it personally for some reason. I only have one group of friends who can do PvP where we all seriously try to beat each other and still be on friendly terms both during + after the experience. Every other group I've observed trying it devolves into angst and often some hard feelings, even though they've known each other a long time!

The experience with "randoms" lives up to its name. I've had plenty of hate mail, but also had games where people are really reasonable or even friendly/helpful, even at times you wouldn't expect it.

Probably the most bizarre recent example I had was co-op Dark Souls 3 with a friend, where we got invaded by a red who proceeded to...guide us through the level? The entire time I was expecting him to try to kill us as part of some YouTube montage, setting up the perfect moment. Nope, most of the level was cleared then he fell to his death or something after going offscreen for a bit.

Even excepting statistical outliers like that, I occasionally get a good host in Ultimate Chicken horse who is either good enough to take some games or emotionally sturdy enough to keep losing but playing on/trying to improve w/o kicking me (I get kicked out of lobbies a LOT in that game).

I'm actually too scared to play WoW Classic, it would unleash the beast in me and I might never return to normal life. you're either very brave or weak, my friend :lol:
Well, I've regularly played private servers, and I've played retail WoW for years before (and years concurently), so it's more that I've experience at managing it :D

Get a Yakuza Kiwami 2 dlc, and it is just full of cheat item and easy money, what's wrong with dlc with making the game too easy even it kills part of the fun

Commodore said:
I have. It's literally just StarCraft with better graphics. Not like that's a bad thing though. I think older classics should be updated from time to time to bring them up to modern standards and be able to run smoothly on modern systems while leaving the gameplay intact.
Are the new graphics worth it? I recently found out my old Starcraft CD's no use anymore (bought it in 2008 I think) so for now the main criterion for selection is whether or not it runs on my computer (and on which OS).
Sommerswerd said:
Nope. I'm too far down the rabbit hole into SC2 to turn back now... :assimilate: Although, I've heard that in Lesser Korea, SC1 actually remains far more popular and more widely played than SC2... go figure.:dunno:
Don't worry, you'll get back.

btw one day, as the Horde fan I know you to be, you'll just do a Tak and install DOSBox and run the non-world of Warcraft games. Starting by the unnumbered one.

That really depends on the playerbase. There's some games I'd simply never play with people I don't interact with IRL because of how tense they can get.

I know! I mentioned getting it last year in the an earlier iteration of this thread, but for some reason the installer refused to work so I kept going back to the CD.

Kids, don't do drugs. I wanted to name the next thread, but then I did drugs and I totally forgot about it. Drugs. They're bad.

@Phrossack In Rome 2 think I'll just play on Very Hard and put the battles on Medium. That should be a bit more interesting, assuming I can make it past the early game.

Kids, don't do drugs. I wanted to name the next thread, but then I did drugs and I totally forgot about it. Drugs. They're bad.

@Phrossack In Rome 2 think I'll just play on Very Hard and put the battles on Medium. That should be a bit more interesting, assuming I can make it past the early game.
You can set the difficulty for campaign and battles separately? I know you could in previous games, but when starting a campaign in R2 I just see one difficulty slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom