• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

Deity
Counterproposal to this:

Current France UA:
Melee and Gunpowder Units may enlist defeated Enemies which do not consume Unit Supply.
+1 :c5culture: Culture in every City for every 10 Military Units in Empire.
+25% :c5war:Unit Supply from Population.

Proposal
Melee and Gunpowder Units may enlist defeated Enemies which do not consume Unit Supply.
+1 :c5culture: Culture and :tourism: Tourism in every City for every 10 Military Units in Empire.
+25% :c5war:Unit Supply from Population.

One of the stated justifications for the UA rework for France was "And most importantly, this Culture is added directly to all of your city's tiles allowing hotels to instantly be valuable in all of your cities." However, we need to look any further than France's own kit to know that the :c5culture: on Chateaux has never converted efficiently enough to actually be a decisive factor in their CV potential. If the goal is to keep France as a Military/Cultural hybrid civ, then the Tourism generation potential needs to be more direct. Adding pure Tourism yield, with the potential to also convert the culture later, allows France to leverage this bonus for CV potential.

What I predict with this change:
Pure tourism will have basically no effect on non-CV actions. If a france is already doing well this helps them convert to a CV. It will not help French players start doing well.

I think this will end up being an insane amount of tourism. In my most recent game, in the middle of Renaissance, France (AI) had 108 culture from the UA. That would be 108 tourism. In my most game where I won CV I had 108 total tourism at a point a bit later, end of renaissance about to enter industrial.

So 18 cities and 60+ units in the Renaissance? I guess that's possible. Are they the leader?

12 cities with a 9 culture under each. yes they are the leader in score. not leading in tech, and they also haven't conquered anyone except 2 city states

Oh they have 90--100 units in the Renaissance. That sounds a bit crazy but I guess they do have that supply bonus. What's the difficulty?

Captured units are supply-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom