8 City Challenge

Ok I've played 7 turns and gotten Fission.

The reason why I'm stopping here is that I don't want to leave anyone on a turnset start bogged down in an early war without goals. So I can either hand over the save now, or play an extended set tomorrow to break the back of the Greeks, whichever is preferrable.

Situation with army, the original stack is holding on the English Greek border where Cripp left it, and the naval stack is anchored in the sea just outside Ankara's border, so we're positioned for a two sided attack on the Greeks.

Please also note that Peri has a city Miletos NW of our main stack completely dominated by English culture:
Spoiler :

As regards Churchill, he has a massive stack in London:
Spoiler :

And to make your day even nicer that's only his worse half of the stack!

He also has at least the following:
4 marines
18 Infantry
14 Bombers
5 gunships
5 machine guns
13 Jet fighters
2 SAM infantry
and one each of Anti tanks and paratroopers, scattered around his most heavily defended cities (either well established or coastal).

There were also quite a lot of garrisons with 2 infantry 1 MG etc and moving troops, mostly paratroopers/marines. I saw no tanks and very little artillery.

Other highlights of the set:
T515: I queued battleships in Navy city and transport in Esp (both in addition to what is being produced)

T518: UN vote on Uni Suffrage called I say no, don't want to defy as we're in happiness problems as is.

T519:
Motion passes, nerfs our happiness even more (we were in Rep right?)
Korea cancels our Alu for Pig deal and won't trade resources.

T522:
Due to budget constraints fission only comes in now (2 turns late) and is immediately stolen.
I start Manhattan in Production.

And for some reason all set the game was saying that we had no Uranium, leading me to believe we were trading, it, now that I checked it says we have two. A strange kind of bug me thinks. My idiocy shining through there, it was because we didn't have fission wasn't it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 8 City Challenge AD-1932.CivBeyondSwordSave
    480.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 236
I wouldn't have no goals, since it's obvious we're ready to do a two-pronged attack on Pericles.

Or maybe were you suggesting that you extend your set because I suck at war? :p

No I just don't like dumping others in at the start of a war, where it is mostly tramping around and finding good targets, and when there could be nasty suprises.

Giving them the position and then saying "start the war, NOW!", a la Helga is perfectly fine though.

Letting you start is better than dropping you in the middle of the SNAFU, at least this way you can plan your own FUBAR.

Turn 0 (522):

Declared on Pericles; invasion begins.

Ankara razed.

HOPY SH!T that war weariness is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

Argh the governor loves to run spy specs, gotta MM everybody off of them, aside from Espionage.

Espionage, GP, Money, Naval, and Science are building Wealth so that we can sustain our new culture rate of 60% to counteract that war unhappiness. This should go on until at least taking down Peri, though we may still need some going against Churchill. Nukes should expedite that war somewhat, though.

Switched tech to Ecology. Unhealthiness is something of a problem in our empire, so maybe later we can jack up the beaker rate for it.

Noticed that the tanks near Megara could still move.

Megara razed, partisan Infantry appeared. Tanks made short work of them.

Turn 1:

Churchill instantly swoops in near the ruins of Megara with a settler.

*sign*

Turn 2:

Northern stack got collateral damage from a Greek fighter.

Greek units came from behind northern stack, used Marines to kill them as they were across a river.

Turn 3: zzz

Turn 4:

Konya razed.

Phocaea razed.

Turn 5:

Peri builds Three Gorges Dam. Like that will help. :lol:

Thebes razed.

Intercepted a Greek settling party.

Turn 6: zzz

Turn 7:

Churchill cancels Pig for Wheat deal. No renegotiation is possible.

Turn 8: zzz

Turn 9:

Knossos razed.

Got a GG, settled him in Army.

Turn 10:

Got a GE in GP. Moving him to Production to settle.

Turn 11:

Manhattan Project is in.

Sparta razed.

Turn 12:

Bandits strike near GP, spent 21 gold to deal with them.

Turn 13: zzz

Turn 14:

Argos razed.

Turn 15: zzz

Turn 16:

Canterbury razed.

Turn 17:

Got some gold from some event.

Turn 18:

Miletos razed.

Pericles no longer has any cities, but he must have units somewhere, because he's not dead yet.

Damn complete kills option. Why did you even put this on, cripp? The only reason Peri and Charlie are alive is that they have Workers or something running around somewhere. Thus, they can't even do anything of substance and should just be dead. I have to say, this is a really stupid and unnecessary option.

Overview:

I haven't gotten peace with Peri yet in case you guys wanna hunt him down.

The land once called Greece:

The Save

I never checked the victory screen because I was not aware that Churchill was pursuing a space victory.

Looking at it now... He has a Cockpit and a Docking Bay.

Damn complete kills option. Why did you even put this on, cripp? The only reason Peri and Charlie are alive is that they have Workers or something running around somewhere. Thus, they can't even do anything of substance and should just be dead. I have to say, this is a really stupid and unnecessary option.

Point taken! We should have knocked down Church sooner. He's running away now looking at the save, Charlie & Peri have something running around we can't find. We'll need to move our fighters back to the carriers next turn.

Declare peace and build ICBMs, I'm not too sure about a win on this one just because
  1. Complete kills
  2. Church being so advanced
  3. Lack of units

Run a couple units around to find Charlie & Peri's last workers. Also run a Counter Espionage against Wang every 10 trurns (should have done this a long time ago) to keep him at bay.

Any other ideas guys? (Have God (WB) add bunch of ICBMs?)

Maybe we could accept capitulations on this one, admit defeat on the variant rules but take a win to show it's possible to do it (when not using complete kills).

I played 20 turns and I honestly don't know how we're going to win this...

Made peace with Pericles and changed most builds to ICBM's. I also moved our stack south of England, from where we can hopefully attack quickly Churchill's main cities. Another Naval stack is waiting next to his capital and one stack is on the other side, in Wang's territory.

I stole Radio and Satellites from Wang and Churchill built the Internet. So we have nukes now, but so does Churchill (but tactical nukes only so far). I have to admit, that I've never even used nukes in Civ in my life, so show me how to kill Churchill with the help of them :lol:

Maybe we could accept capitulations on this one, admit defeat on the variant rules but take a win to show it's possible to do it (when not using complete kills).

If so, we get to play ring around the razing!

:agree: I think we'll have to bend that rule, I should have gone Complete Kills but be able to keep cities! Something learned every game!

Looking at the save, Churchill is close to the domination limit. We need to declare on him the next turn, drop a couple of nukes on London, and start raising cities on the West Coast. Nottingham looks like it has been nuked already:confused: drop a nuke on Niya for our Northeast stack. just make sure our units are at least two tiles away from the city so our units don't get hit also!

Top Bottom