9th Civ: It's Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would not believe how long I spent trying to find a slice of the art that you guys wouldn't solve in like 5 seconds, while still remaining at least somewhat visually interesting.

It's more difficult than you would expect! :lol:

Haha, and here I was planning to have a productive Friday.

After using the currently-popular "download and zoom-out" method, I am pretty sure this is either an arm or a leg.

Hooray. Science. :rolleyes:

Haha, and here I was planning to have a productive Friday.

PREACH!

You would not believe how long I spent trying to find a slice of the art that you guys wouldn't solve in like 5 seconds, while still remaining at least somewhat visually interesting.

It's more difficult than you would expect! :lol:

Maybe we should get a different part of it then :mischief:

At least we're getting it today, Cheers Greg!

Feeding the speculation at it's worst Greg? :lol:

I'm not going to pretend to have any clue what that is, but it looks like part of a clothing piece more than part of the interior.

Greg, you are like an evil puppetmaster that emerges from shadows while slowly, mockingly clapping his hands. "Bravo, gentlemen, bravo... you have bested me" *clap..clap*

To me it seems like a detail of an Avar daily life depiction. The fat black line looks like a piece of hair, and everything else is just the clothes. I blame my history classes for that.

Greg, you are like an evil puppetmaster that emerges from shadows while slowly, mockingly clapping his hands. "Bravo, gentlemen, bravo... you have bested me" *clap..clap*

The fact that I play a lot of Dungeons & Dragons as a DM supports this claim ;)

It looks like a boot (on the bottom of the picture) and the bottom of a (Victorian-style) dress to me. I'm not sure what that implicates.

...cross-dressing Chaka?

@D0MIN1C

Your not the only one to think nomad, actually. I kinda though Timur the Lame, but thats mostly because I really don't want another Euro civ. Would have loved it if it was Queen Nzinga (what civ you attribute to her doesnt matter so much to me - it'd be cool to see a black queen in the game. And this is an x-pack that really should have been called "Gods and Queens" anyway ;)

Can't decipher anything from the image, but looking at events on the date (thank you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_20) some things jump out:
Several references to Civs already announced (Byzantine, Austria etc).
How about this "The April Uprising, a key point in modern Bulgarian history, leading to the Russo-Turkish War and the liberation of Bulgaria from domination as an independent part of the Ottoman Empire."
If the date has any significance, I'm going Bulgaria!

I'm just going to throw this out there without anything to back it up: Jan III Sobieski.

Looked up some pictures on Gustavus Adolphus due to frequent mentions and I'm putting my money on Sweden. Pic looks like the bottom part of a nice medieval-renaissance style outfit to me with the top of a leg guard and the dangling part of a belt. Some of the pictures on his wikipedia article could definitely support this.

Will we know today Greg?

If someone guessed correctly where this art come from,will you tell everybody or wait something about 1 month before telling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom