A Budweiser Thanksgiving Special

They were weak at first, due to the terrain and the barbs. But once their UB kicks in, they got stronger.

In my game, Ethiopia Hiawath killed Swedish Hiawatha and had the whole left side to himself.

An early crossbow attack is probably the best strategy.

I think two nearest ones can be taken with CBs. I got too many wonders instead just taking them out early. Then xbow and SM>LSM>MM support as you move through. I-Maya can be left for a late frigate task force.

They fell in 3 turns, but now my frigates are trapped in the lake. -I-huns turned out to be a tough nut, I sent all my original army to his cap over the ocean including some log xbows and got my a** handed to me. I got everybody except one double cover pike back in the water and got a beachhead city in peace deal but now have to heal the wounded and find alternative target. Now definitely not a sub 200 win.

Spoiler :

In my game, Ethiopia Hiawath killed Swedish Hiawatha and had the whole left side

In my game he would have been too if I didn't settle next to him, block and then steal hsettler ands and Dow him early. It opened the door for RealH to really get going and only the loss of his 3 settlers and then his cap put a stop to him. I-Wu seems to have the worst placement and almost lost the cap to Dutch :(

Thanks for a great game Budwaiser! :goodjob:

I really enjoyed a nonstandard map/setup. Yes diplo was hard to figure out, but it was doable. If you trade for war declaration then it shows the colors of different tribes then you can use the discussion menu (shall we declare war on- ...) as they are listed in same order. I didnt bother mostly as i was doing alll the Dows and soon everyone hated me and wouldnt agree to anything anyway.

I was hoping some AIs especially ones i conquered early would try a late game cap snatch to deny victory, not sure if its not in hia flavour or they felt it was doomed. AI still misjudges tactical/strategic advatage and i had I-Huns give me a nice peace deal plus beachhead city just as my army beaten to a pulp retreated back onto their transports. Yes i was still stronger overall but i was beaten and i wish AI could tell the difference.

I had fun fighting early and against the two last/biggest civs. Early i didnt get to take out anyone b4 mohawks appeared and it was challenging battling them in their prime. On a map like that even in industrial I-Huns and their defender of the faith mohawks in forest were impossible to dislodge even with rifles and cavalry. I built all war wonders exept Zeus. I did not want to fight one of them with a GW or Himeji or gods forbid both.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• budtxend.jpg
    budtxend.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 148
Thank you for playing. I'm glad someone finished it. :)

A Mohawk in the trees is serious business.

Top Bottom