A couple of bugs

MasterBratac

Chieftain
Whenever I finish a game and go through the victory screens, the game crashes on one of the screens. Is there a way to fix that?

Also, other civs will NEVER accept ANYTHING for GPT. I can sell them a tech for hundreds of gold, but when I offer the tech for 1 gold-per-turn they will never accept it. Is this a bug?

Also, other civs will NEVER accept ANYTHING for GPT. I can sell them a tech for hundreds of gold, but when I offer the tech for 1 gold-per-turn they will never accept it. Is this a bug?

If they have gold in the treasury but a negative gpt income, they cannot accept gpt trades but can buy stuff for cash.

Trading with the AI is the primary way to cheese to a victory as this the dynamic which is most open to abuse. Even without cheesing this mechanic it can sometimes feel like you're cheesing a victory - what you do when you want to sell a tech is click the 'what would you offer me for this' conversation tab, and if they are one of the leading Civs they will offer you up to 60gpt plus a luxury plus a lump sum and maybe even some old techs! If they have eff all though, they will likely just offer whatever their current Lump Sum total is or a map or something.

Anybody have any tips for the first problem? I'll win a game, reach the "Victory Status Screen", try to continue, and then I get the "Civilization III is not Responding" error.

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but certain Civ3 record files are set as read-only, and shoudn't be. There's a thread here that explains it well. In essence, make any problem file read/write.
Specifically, CampaignRecord.hof in the Conquest folder is set by default to read-only, and will cause a problem after a win. But making the file NOT-read-only will solve the problem.

You might try to save more often. Not sure about your equipment. Re-installing might help, too. Could be a corrupt file.

If you start making your own .biq files to play, you won't have to worry about the CampaignRecord file, as those games won't default to the Hall of Fame list.

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but certain Civ3 record files are set as read-only, and shoudn't be. There's a thread here that explains it well. In essence, make any problem file read/write.
Specifically, CampaignRecord.hof in the Conquest folder is set by default to read-only, and will cause a problem after a win. But making the file NOT-read-only will solve the problem.

Did this, works like a charm. Thanks!

Also on the GPT deals you tend to have to have a good reputation with folks before they will agree to a GPT deal.

Top Bottom