A couple of questions

Breunor

Deity
1. Is the Ziggurat of Marduk really supposed to give three free priests, as opposed to giving the ABILITY to build three priests (like the Parthenon)? This seems to be very overpowered.

2. I know this has been asked in the past, but I don't get siege towers. Are they just healers? If so, what use the ability to 'carry' two units? Do they only heal units they carry? Can they help with sieges?

Thanks for any help,

Breunor

2. siege towers just heal unit, they are of no use for sieges (really strange indeed), the carry two units allows to heal the units carried on the move.

I usually play as Taharqa and conquer the egyptians and phonecians relatively early in the game but find that there aren't certain resources that should have been available to Nubians, like ivory for example. I find it silly the only source of ivory is to be found with the Carthaginians. Were one not to conquer the Egyptians early and gain easy access to horses this would make the starting position of the Nubians disadvantageous. Yet once you conquer the eastern Med. then expansion and economy become less worrisome.

2. siege towers just heal unit, they are of no use for sieges (really strange indeed), the carry two units allows to heal the units carried on the move.

Sorry, for quoting to this old post, but I run into the same trouble. Shouldnt this be changed a bit? Or ... at least ... shouldnt there be some some additional text into pedia, explainung the use of siege towers?

[edit]I was trying to change the entry in TAM_Strategy.xml with using notepad editor. All I did, was changing english Siege Tower entry to "Use this mid-level Siege Engine to protect your units from enemies arrows. Loaded units cant be attacked directly and will heal while moving in this tower." But i got XML errors when loading changed file. So again sorry, I cant do this for you, ambrox62.[/edit]

[/QUOTE][edit]I was trying to change the entry in TAM_Strategy.xml with using notepad editor. All I did, was changing english Siege Tower entry to "Use this mid-level Siege Engine to protect your units from enemies arrows. Loaded units cant be attacked directly and will heal while moving in this tower." But i got XML errors when loading changed file. So again sorry, I cant do this for you, ambrox62.[/edit][/QUOTE]

Henry,

I inserted your suggested text in the TAM_Stratagy.xml file (in Text)

This will display in the strategy view.

I did not change in the Civlopedia, which if one were to do so you change the Unit_Pedia text.

this should show up on the next patch from Ambrox

Thank you graywarden. I always tought, the TAM_Stratagy.xml is part of the Pedia. Well, im new to editing; so all I was trying to do, was helping out a bit. :)

Thank you graywarden. I always tought, the TAM_Stratagy.xml is part of the Pedia. Well, im new to editing; so all I was trying to do, was helping out a bit. :)
Henry,

your help is appreciated. the TAM civlopedia is due for some attention.... ;o)

Top Bottom