A Democracy game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by .:KNAS:.
not that far under hippo, maybe right behind him.........

:eek:

I would also like to join, but as one of the voters only, since I still have to wait untill next month to have internet at home. Right now I can only participate at the polls when I am at the university. Anyway, sign me up. :goodjob:

Oh...well I was talking to TF last night. He said this weekend he could create an exclusive forum for this game. Under either Civ 2 Stories or Civ 3 Stories and Tales. Now, the signup sheet would be in the Stories forum, so people can post here to sign up. The the Democracy game will be in the sub forum and only members of the game will have the right to post and vote in polls etc... But everyone will be able to read the forum!!

Sweet! Now there will be a exlusive forum for it. :)

Oh ,and can we make this a sticky thread? Or even better ,make an anouncement of it (maybe even on the main page) ,so it's visible on all forum's.Just to atract the required number of gamers for the game.

On a lavish banket in his palace ,President Duckling congratualate's the fine work of it's advisor's.But tell's them that a lot of work has still to be done ,and that he has trust in the leader quality's of his advisor's.In conclusion to that statement ,he invite's them to a toast ,on the future of the emipre.

SpaceCow ,Mcdread and Knas (diplomacy office) can be added to ,as voter's. My friendly voter's that i have alway's loved, especialy if they vote for me.

Count me in. I'll do my best to serve in any capacity that I can.

Holidays may be difficult for everyone, so we may have to postpone the action a day or two, and or ellect back-ups.

City production could actually form an entire buruocracy<sp> with people in charge of regions and reporting to the overall production manager. Especially if we are talking about playing on a huge map.

I would suggest Regent difficulty or lower so we don't get overwhelmed. If we put in 100 turns and found out we were in an untenable situation that would suck.

What about running more than one turn per day? Especially in the begining.

I would favor continents so that navy is required. Ad far as our Civ, once everyone is signed up, why not vote? Democracy being the theme.

One last thought. Should we be playing just to win, or roleplaying our positions? If we should roleplay, then the difficulty should be lower.

Ok guys....I'll add you to the list. I'm sure TF will make an anouncment when the game gets underway! And in the mean time....I'll make this sticky.

Now SpaceCow, .:KNAS:. and Juize. This is going to be a serious game....so there will be no spamming. And if you get banned.....your obviously out of the game for that time as well. So lets try and stay clean.

Hey, I'll sign up for trade leader if you'd have me. I'm pretty good with trades and think it's one of the best parts of the game anyway.

BTW, if you want a really good map, you have to go with the third archipellago (sp?) choice. It gives good sized continents with plenty of islands for some good air/naval battles while still allowing for plenty of inland operations.

Some leaders (like city planners and military) would probably want to use screenshots with the grid coordinates on the map (this IS an option in the game). This will make it easier for leaders to post questions in polls.

I would also consider requesting our own forum for this game. Something like this could go on for a while and there could end up being a lot of posts. You would definately need seperate posts for every department every 5 turns or so, and towards the middle of the game, one turn could end up being an entire thread, with all the decisions that will have to be made. This would help to organize everything better and since you can't really expect everyone to stick with the game the whole way through, this makes it easier for new people to constantly join the game and keep it going strong.

This could also be a "feature" of the site with quick access to it from the main page. This would be an interactive strategy guide where those players who can't grasp some concepts of the game would be able to watch and learn, and even participate.

Endureth

Hey this has really gotten off. Maybe you can find me a spot in the city planning area?:goodjob: I have some good ideas for that section.

Assuming you will let me have the lead postion, I want to run this idea by you guys. I was thinking about instaling governers for each city who would look after growth, production, ect. They would ultimatly report to the city planning director. I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at.

Cheers!

Edit: I apologize for not reading some member's post more throughly.Knowitok your ideas parralell mine and I please forgive me for not reading your post fully. Endureth as well. With people like you on the project I know we cant go wrong.

Originally posted by CornMaster
(..Now SpaceCow, .:KNAS:. and Juize. This is going to be a serious game....so there will be no spamming. And if you get banned.....your obviously out of the game for that time as well. So lets try and stay clean.
Of course it's a serious game! What do you except?
That we'll spam the polls to death??? :king:

I'd like to join up as a member of the Senate. Just call me Brutus. :slay: ;)

I definetely think Civ2 is our best bet right now. Although I have Civ3, I am yet to get it to work, and I'm sure there are others in the same situation as me.

For the first few turns I think they should be grouped together with more than one a day, because often times little is done on each individual turn at this point, lots of just pressing enter. We should probably designate how many turns we do each day ahead of time, but not decide for how long, because depending on our starting location we could have a quick start or a slow one.

Ok...I've added new players. Now up to 18!!

I've also added another rule that reads:

"After turn one the President MUST report to the forum WITH a screenshot. Then the polls begin for the Expansion, City Planning Departments, and Science Department. Once these first decisions are made, the President may procede playing multiple turns until another decision must be made. In which he reports to the forum. This can only continue for the first 50 turns MAXIMUM! And can end earlier at the Presidents descression."

I think that this would help speed up the beginning game!!

There is no "Culture" leader as Culture isn't a part of Civ 2. If we decide to play Civ 3 (which I doubt though) we can add one. But I don't think it's needed right now.

Everyone may want to look at the post I made with the bullets and the signup sheets....that's where I'm adding new rules.

For map size, I suggest (if we are playing CivII) that it be 80x125. That is 10,000 squares, the largest you can have (use "custom"), and keeps pretty good proportions for a "world" (80 being N-S, 125 being E-W). This is the size map I often play with....

I will sign up, but ...

ONLY if Civ III. After playing that, I could NEVER go back to Civ2.

Either way, I think we need to start decide the game details. This may influence the interested parties.

Question #1
Civ 2 or Civ 3.

I think you guys have way too much time on your hands.

But sign me up anyway, pls .... :D

I like the idea...but don't have the time. So, although I would like to, don't sign me up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom