A Game of Thrones

Updated to V1.5- please refer the first post for details of the changes.

Further notes on corrections needed:

- Remove diplomatic victory (since there is no UN)
- Embassy page shows the wrong leaderheads (I think it uses the civilopedia icons? Does anyone know?)
- Remove modern age adviser pictures

I started a cracking game with the Greyjoys- I enjoyed the feeling of looking in from the outside on the War of Five Kings and, like a hyena, picking up some of the neglected spoils. I set up some small towns on the coasts of the north and foraged as far north as the Wall.

I signed treaties with the Riverlands against the Lannisters, the Crownlands and the Reach. The North defeated the Crownlands and were winning against the Lannisters, with me picking up the last Lannister city (on an island, naturally) to see them out of the game.

The North declared war on me because I failed to finance them, and started systematically conquering my lands. One city remained and was very stubbornly holding out against overwhelming odds.

While the North and the Riverlands continued waging war on the Reach, I prudently decided to sue for peace with both. Surprisingly, this was accomplished by merely ceding my town beyond the wall to Robb Stark! Perhaps he valued having a vanguard beyond the wall to search for Ygritte :)

Next, I noted that the northerners preferred to burn the cities of the Reach to the ground rather than installing their own governments. Seeing this, I cunningly set to work creating settlers to re-build on the very same sites. Thus it was that while the Reach was devoured, the Greyjoys did prosper!

Further to the above, I had to send my raiders north and east for easier spoils. I foraged beyond the wall, plundering some towns before being driven back to the longboats by Jon Snow. In the east, after a long voyage I managed to conquer the Tyroshi before grinding to a halt against Myr and agreeing to disagree.

Additionally, I tried out a game with Daenerys- this time it was all about putting down numerous barbarians hordes while quickly eliminating the nearby Civs, namely the Slavers, Qarth and the Dothraki. As Danys' empire expands, it becomes more and more difficult to manage the logistics. Very enjoyable indeed! And in both games, the experience somewhat mirrored the books :)

One thing I noted in both games is that the Crownlands and Lannisters fared poorly. This may be a coincidence, or it could be that the Crownlands are too weak to bear the locked wars with the other powerful Civs. Does anyone have any feedback on this? If they are indeed weaker, I am thinking to bolster them by providing more resources around their cities and then either giving them good defensive special units or else additional starting units to compensate.

Note that some Civs such as the Wildlings may be weaker, it is not my intention to make them all equal. However, the Crownlands and Lannisters should be among the more powerful Civs in the game.

Hi! I am so glad that there are still CIV III players around the globe... NOOB question, how and where can I install the Additional yet optional files (OST music, menu screen changes)... Thanks in advance for this MOD!

the mod does not work they say they can not find file of Art \ Flics \ X2_Daenerys.flc
what do i do?
Note:I did not move at all.

Hello, I've recently bought civ3 complete edition on steam and got back into this great game. I was excited to see your MOD Hayati and eagerly downloaded it. I've got it working single player and am having a good time with it. I talked my family and friends into a hotseat game this weekend and am now having all sorts of trouble getting the mod to load properly as a multiplayer game. Would anyone happen to know what I might be doing wrong?

Well, I had the GOT_scenario folder in the wrong place. I feel foolish. The Hotseat game went wonderfully this weekend.

Hayati, We cheered all your fine work on this. Thank you for putting this together and sharing it with us.

I have this message when i wont to play:

missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ANIMNAME_PRTO_Pirate_Corsair
and game is exit...

please help
please, please, please ;(

25 playable Civs play The Game of Thrones:

1) The Wildlings (Mance Rayder)
2) The Night's Watch (Jon Snow)
3) The North (Robb Stark)
4) The Iron Islands (Balon Greyjoy)
5) The Riverlands (Edmure Tully)
6) The Westerlands (Cersei Lannister)
7) The Reach (Margaery Tyrell)
8) Dorne (Oberyn Martell)
9) The Stormlands (Stannis Baratheon)
10) The Crownlands (Joffrey Baratheon)
11) The Vale (Lysa Assyn)
12) Pentos (Illyrio Mopatis)
13) Slaver's Bay (Razdal mo Eraz)
14) The Golden Company (Harry Strickland)
15) The Stormborn (Daenerys Targaryen)
16) The Dothraki (Khal Jhaqo)
17) Lys (Salladhor Saan)
18) Tyrosh (Daario Naharis)
19) Braavos (Tycho Nestoris)
20) Volantis (Talisa Maegyr)
21) Qohor (Vargo Hoat)
22) Myr (Thoros)
23) Lorath (Jaqen H'ghar)
24) Norvos (Mellario)
25) Qarth (Xaro Xhoan Daxos)

I've removed communism and democracy and curtailed the tech tree at the close of the middle ages. Gunpowder has been renamed 'Weaponry'.

'Heavy Infantry' replaces 'Musketman', 'Heavy Cavalry' replaces 'Cavalry'. 'Cannon', 'Privateer' and 'Frigate' are removed for the time being.

Unique units key:

Resources:

- Horses
- Iron
- Gold
- Wheat
- Fish
- Cattle
- Dyes
- Furs
- Gems
- Silk
- Spices
- Wines

Diplomacy with Margaery:

Daenery's dragons bear down on a band of Yunkai sellswords:

The Ironborn fleet readies itself for war:

This is a continuation of the excellent initial work on the map done here:

Game of Thrones Scenario Map Thread

Please refer that thread for details of the mod...

The files for V1.5 can be found here:

Game_of_Thrones_Scenario_FM_1_5.rar (Google drive)

Game_of_Thrones_Scenario_FM_1_5.rar (Uploadingit)

Additional yet optional files (OST music, menu screen changes) can be found here:

Game_of_Thrones_Optional_Files_1_2.rar (Google drive)

Game_of_Thrones_Optional_Files_1_2.rar (Uploadingit)

Version history:

V1.0

Original mod.

V1.1

- Removed space race
- Removed debug mode
- Fixed the civilopedia folder name error
- Gave the 'map making' tech to the Stormlands and the Ironborn (so that they can produce ships from the off)

V1.2

- Reset the techs as per V1.1
- Added an additional starting unit to each civ, either a warrior, a galley or a pirate corsair (The Stormlands)

V1.3

- Removed original unique units

V1.4

- Revealed the scenario map to the players
- Removed original wonders (great and small)

V1.5

- Tully leaderhead graphic corrected for the modern age
- Changed city graphics to avoid the emergence of modern-looking cities
- All races are set to either european or middle eastern
- Incorporated Snoopy's terrain to beautify the scenario

Thanks to:

Bengal Tiger for the map.
Yoda Power for providing advice on the editor.
Kinboat for the dragon and ranger units.
Embryodead for the African set, giant and dire wolf units.
CivArmy s. 1994 for the Viking longboat and desert wind units.
Aluminum for the crossbowman, two-handed swordsman, AoK knight and horned knight units.
aaglo for the corsair and medieval bombard units.
CamJH for the Italian foot knight unit.
BeBro for the knight pack and Warhammer knight units.
ripptide for the Arab swordsman unit.
Jimmh for the camel unit.
Thunderfall for the terrain.

Enjoy!

:)

Future plans for the mod:

- More OST music
- Civlopedia entries for the new Civs and units
- Tech tree cosmetic adjustments for the changes made
- Replacement units and techs for those eliminated from the scenario
- Modified diplomacy by Civ
- Any other adjustments recommended by those who play the mod

I am not the most tech saavy and am having troubles using the RAR file. I have tried everything I can think of to get this working on civ3 and have done nothing but failed. Any advice on how to get this working? It looks awesome and I want to play it so bad!!

I am not the most tech saavy and am having troubles using the RAR file. I have tried everything I can think of to get this working on civ3 and have done nothing but failed. Any advice on how to get this working? It looks awesome and I want to play it so bad!!

RAR - very widespread format of archives. For a decompression it is possible to use either the native utility, or 7Zip.

www.win-rar.com/download.html

www.7-zip.org/download.html

Additional yet optional files (OST music, menu screen changes) can be found here:

Has anyone still got this 2nd 'Optional Files' (with the OST music, menu screen changes) download?

Sadly out of the two choices @Hayati 's primary google download goes to a request permission page (which I've applied to but who knows after all these years if it'll work) and his secondary one goes to some dodgy squatter site that will probably need to be removed.

Thankfully the primary googledrive still works for this one but I'm not holding my breath on that lasting either. The secondary one goes to the nasty squatter site again.

Last edited:
Last edited:
But this is Civ2 not Civ1
Obviously! But since there's no Civ1 GoT mod and we're talking about this in the frigging Civ3 forums I thought I'd let you know about the GoT mod for the Civ game that came between 1 and 3, just in case it maybe of interest or of inspiration to you which it's clearly not lol.

I'd love to create my map GOT on Civ1 save
That would be very cool. Make sure you post about your project (in the Civ1 forums) and chuck me a @ tag in the thread so I can follow it. I'm working on a followup bonus video to my Civ1 HD scenarios tour series so I'd love to cover your GoT one if you get it done in time. :)

but mod JCivED dont work fine in my computer.
Yeah I saw your video, definitely looks like a nasty bug in the new version of JCivEd, I'm sure DarkPanada is on it and will fix it quickly. :)

Has anyone still got this 2nd 'Optional Files' (with the OST music, menu screen changes) download?

Sadly out of the two choices @Hayati 's primary google download goes to a request permission page (which I've applied to but who knows after all these years if it'll work) and his secondary one goes to some dodgy squatter site that will probably need to be removed.

I'm going on vacation in a week and I'll have time to look into my treasure chest. Now the HDD with the main archive of civilization is not connected to the home computer.

Top Bottom