A game to keep me entertained at my job

truckingpete

On a Stark Trek
So I am an RA (Resident Assistant) at a college campus in one of the dorms. Every few nights we have desk hours and we sit there for 5 hours at a time. Some night 7:30 pm to 12:30 am, and weekends 9:30pm to 2:30 am. Well people are usually out partying until about 1:30 am or 2 am before people start coming back into the dorms. So I have a lot of time to kill.

Yes I do my homework first...I mean I get payed for doing my homework!! But after that, im thinking I need to do a little gaming. Ok so one night I played Age of Empires III, then a little Knights of Honor the next night and so on. Civ 5 won't run on my laptop, but it can run Sins of a Solar Empire. But im looking for something...different. I was looking at Spore since it's on sale on Stardock. Then I was looking at Kings Bounty. I was also thinking of bringing out some Rome Total War out. I do have Empire Total War, but it runs like crap on my computer..it runs it....but yah....

I was also thinking something RPG also, like Kings Bounty. I also brought out the good ol' Civ 3 for a little bit.

So any suggestions. I will take games the are classic or some what new!

Thanks guys!!

Minecraft is pretty boring after about 30 minutes. I'd suggest something with some depth to it.

Minecraft is the shinizil <sp> or however the youngins say these days.

Keep meaning to install a few games I have purchased, right after i finish this or that project on Minecraft...

Still uninstalled...

how well can you run Sins? the first 30 minutes are easy on any machine....

how about online poker? as far as circumstances go it seems to be a possible winner. low specc requirement, no biggie if you get called away for a bit.

how well can you run Sins? the first 30 minutes are easy on any machine....

how about online poker? as far as circumstances go it seems to be a possible winner. low specc requirement, no biggie if you get called away for a bit.

Sins runs perfectly through the entire game, never gets slow always fast.

Online poker huh? Now that doesnt sound like a bad idea...umm whats a good one?

I bet I can't do that. I'm bad at poker.

and I did try Full Tilt last night. 90 player tourny, got 5th place not bad lol

good :)

if you want to avoid paying money I recommend the 1000+ tournaments that are free to enter and pay out cash. they do take some hours but you seem to have the time. with the few dollars you get there try some low buy-in for-cash tourneys or tables.

I started that way until I blew it all one night, drunk :D

Prank calling. It's a classic.

Top Bottom