A great tale of tyranny and world war

slinkysi

Chieftain
Hi Guys

I'm playin the most awesome game I've had in a while and am enjoying it so much I thought I'd write it up :)

This is the first time I've done this so If you guys like it I'll finish it... Let me know what you think!

The English empire used to be conquerors. Attacking close by peoples who did not submit to their will with such ferocity and merciless rage that their victims’ blood stained the battlefields of Europe for centuries and their cries of anguish echoed in the wind. They were feared and respected throughout the know world.
So who would have guessed that such a savage civilization would become the bastions of freedom, enlightenment and the only obstacle against a world of tyranny and oppression?

The year was 2000bc

The Celtic people took solace in the fact that their neighbours had always been amiable and saw little threat. After all the English were brothers of the faith and the Celtic people had spread their great Hindu faith across the border into the English empire. With a foolish sense of security and fearlessness the Celtic people grew complacent and hedonistic. As for the defence of their realm, they put much faith in their Celtic warriors who for centuries had protected their lands with a ferocity and skill not matched in their era. Who could possibly be a threat? Who would dare violate the sovereignty of mighty Celtia?

The leaders of the English Empire looked across at their neighbours with envious eyes. Their expansion to the East had been blocked by the Celts, the dry lands of England were not providing adequate sustenance for its people. How could they expand if they could not grow food and more importantly how can an army fight if it cannot eat?
The English Generals advised their leaders that their axmen and spearmen would not be sufficient for much longer. Word had come from faraway lands that armies were using harder metals that would slice through their bronze like a hot dagger through wax and archers on horseback that would trample their forces into the dry plains of England. It was not too late. But they would have to act fast or England would surely perish.

The English troops rallied on the border. Their first goal was to be the Iron Mines of Celtia. Axmen littered the border in their hundreds and they were supported by elite spearmen to counter the Celts’ horse archers. War was declared. The army marched. Fear permeated Celtia. Apprehension took its hold on England. Who would have known that the outcome of this war would have such profound consequences for the rest of the world for millennia to come?

Across the huge continent on the other side of the known world a great Civilization unknown to the small nation of England grew its empire. It pillaged, it conquered, and it thrived.

The arrogance of Celtia was its downfall. It had relied too heavily on their ancient and outdated painted warriors. Their first city fell under the rocks of the English catapults and by the bronze blades of their axes. England took some losses, the fanaticism of the Celtic warriors impressed the English army and although they respected their former allies for it, mercy was not forthcoming and England now had the Iron it needed to slice the flesh and bone of their foes.

Far to the East they still grew, they still fought , they still conquered.

Top Bottom