A New Dawn Beta Builds

Why the difference in percentage? Both attackers are Swordsmen with Combat II and defender is Town Guard.

This happens probably because of merging different stuff with ACO (which is in RevDCM). It could be S&D, but also anything else that affects combat odds.

You can see that defender has different strength (8.32 and 8.68) although the percentage breakdown is the same in both cases (and neither one of them matches the final strength - it should be 10.2). S&D modifier (i.e. "xx% from surrounding units") is not present at all.

ACO mod is coded very...ahem...badly. Sorry to say that, but that source code is very difficult to modify (and merge with other stuff), and when someone does it, it is very likely that a bug will occur.

I don't think I can help here, since S&D by itself is working OK (at least for me). Afforess should check whether all the new stuff he added is considered properly by ACO.

This happens probably because of merging different stuff with ACO (which is in RevDCM). It could be S&D, but also anything else that affects combat odds.
Point taken. The only one I know on here is you though, so you get the blame! ;)
You can see that defender has different strength (8.32 and 8.68) although the percentage breakdown is the same in both cases (and neither one of them matches the final strength - it should be 10.2). S&D modifier (i.e. "xx% from surrounding units") is not present at all.
Doh! I missed the different defender strength- I just saw that they were both Town Defenders with all the same bonuses. I also didn't know that a S&D modifier should show up- maybe it is being calculated but not displayed?
ACO mod is coded very...ahem...badly. Sorry to say that, but that source code is very difficult to modify (and merge with other stuff), and when someone does it, it is very likely that a bug will occur.
Oh, SNAP! Coder fight!!! ;)
I don't think I can help here, since S&D by itself is working OK (at least for me). Afforess should check whether all the new stuff he added is considered properly by ACO.
You could write the entire code...oh, and give up any life you might have left...like A and Z. ;)

Wow, Afforess and zappara, the Alpha and Omega of Civ4 modding. :D Although, I guess it is like the Omega and Alpha since zap started it first....uh, yeah, I'll leave it there...

I got a constantly CTD when load this save on 1.60 beta3.

The second save is in the one round before the first, it's also broken, but popup a in-game error message, and disappear at once.

Installed Components:

Spoiler :

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Multiple Production Mod} {The World's Fair} {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} Education {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Withdraw

I think the attached shows why I think fixed boarders are broken ;)

DH, Fixed Borders is a game option. Turn it off then. I'll get around to messing with the AI eventually.

CE? Really, CE? Why so politically correct with the whole CE crap. What is the basis of the Current Era? The fricking Jesus Christ which is what AD is based on. Why do we need to use BCE and CE? /rant - I like bringing this up in college on hardcore BCE/CE supporters.

Wikipedia defines CE as two things: either Common Era, or Christ Era, so it's not any more politically correct than AD. Os79 Started the trend BTW.

I started this trend. I created a mod that ends at 22000 Ce.

Not politically correct by a long shot :). I simply reject the symbolism behind AD/BC of belief in Jesus Christ being an important part of the world events. The area of China and India don't look at Jesus Christ like we do, but they are happy to stay with CE/BCE fitting over AD/BC because it is too much a hassle to change dating system. And I'm sure they have their own solutions.

So basically I started this because I am deeply politically INcorrect in rejecting Jesus Christ as an important part of my game.

One more thing: CE/BCE are only present in this forum. In the game, we still have BC/AD dating so how can we be politically correct anyway :lol:.

Closing comment: Why even discuss this since it is more of a preference thing than a modding thing :D...

Why the difference in percentage? Both attackers are Swordsmen with Combat II and defender is Town Guard.

-----

Moved into this thread as it might be something with Surround & Destroy. PMing Dexy.

Point taken. The only one I know on here is you though, so you get the blame! ;)Doh! I missed the different defender strength- I just saw that they were both Town Defenders with all the same bonuses. I also didn't know that a S&D modifier should show up- maybe it is being calculated but not displayed?

Oh, SNAP! Coder fight!!! ;)You could write the entire code...oh, and give up any life you might have left...like A and Z. ;)

Wow, Afforess and zappara, the Alpha and Omega of Civ4 modding. :D Although, I guess it is like the Omega and Alpha since zap started it first....uh, yeah, I'll leave it there...

Yeah ACO is a real pain. Merging things in the CvGameTextMgr is basically hell once you have ACO in there. And screw up one line, and all of ACO breaks apart into tiny little pieces....

I got a constantly CTD when load this save on 1.60 beta3.

The second save is in the one round before the first, it's also broken, but popup a in-game error message, and disappear at once.

Installed Components:

Spoiler :

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Multiple Production Mod} {The World's Fair} {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} Education {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Withdraw

Okay, I'll look into it.

Is there any way to no if flexible difficulty is active in the game?

Is there any way to no if flexible difficulty is active in the game?

You mean like if it is working, and your difficulty level is changed. Not sure, I'll add messages to you when your difficult changes, how about that?

You mean like if it is working, and your difficulty level is changed. Not sure, I'll add messages to you when your difficult changes, how about that?
You can access the game settings by hitting a small icon in the upper left of the screen. Will those reflect any changes in difficulty setting?

You can access the game settings by hitting a small icon in the upper left of the screen. Will those reflect any changes in difficulty setting?

IDK. I added alerts for when they change now, for future versions though.

Thank you! I was wondering but I had some hint it was working according to how AI was behaving, sorta. But it is nice to know it is just a lack of alerts.

Here, take this one, hot off the presses. It's 100% up to date.

Is there any chance that we can have the source code for this? I have an annoying CTD with all AND versions at in-game loading. Tried the debug version of the dll, but the crash is not associated with an assertion. I could probably localize the error from a debugger.

Is there any chance that we can have the source code for this? I have an annoying CTD with all AND versions at in-game loading. Tried the debug version of the dll, but the crash is not associated with an assertion. I could probably localize the error from a debugger.

Yes, my source code is available on request, for beta builds. Here's a copy.

When is Beta 4 coming out? I've just tried Beta 3 and I've already experienced the problem with the text doubling when you try to scroll the F8 screen and winning a Scientific victory upon researching my second tech.

When is Beta 4 coming out? I've just tried Beta 3 and I've already experienced the problem with the text doubling when you try to scroll the F8 screen and winning a Scientific victory upon researching my second tech.

no eta...

Beta4... the ETA is unknown.

I know about the issues with the victory screen. As for the scientific victory bug, that was fixed in Beta3. You shouldn't be experiencing it anymore.

in the original mod above all the civs names that you know, he had the current difficulty level. That might be a idea.

I downloaded your source of 1.60beta3, and want to debug the bug that get CTD when load save. Unfortunately, I got many compiling warnings and linking errors on my VS2008. Is there any way to build and debug CvGameCoreDLL by VS2008?

I downloaded your source of 1.60beta3, and want to debug the bug that get CTD when load save. Unfortunately, I got many compiling warnings and linking errors on my VS2008. Is there any way to build and debug CvGameCoreDLL by VS2008?

Yeah, VS 2008 is what I use actually. Unfortunately, you have to do some shenanigans to get it to compile, since it uses VS 2003 toolkit to compile. Here's a guide (for 3.17, but it's the same with 3.19) to get it set up...

Damnit... hate it when I go to report a bug, and find out we've already moved on to another version :p On to the d/l page, post haste!

I'll restart with another download and another fresh install and see what happens.

Which options are not included in the Recommended install?

I'll restart with another download and another fresh install and see what happens.

Which options are not included in the Recommended install?

Sea Monsters, Resource Refinement, and Domestic Animals.

Top Bottom