A New Dawn Beta Builds

hey afforess any chance you can add a deplomatic option of just trade agreement along with hte right of passage and Open borders. I hate those dam missionaries but do not mind hte trade.... :p

hey afforess any chance you can add a deplomatic option of just trade agreement along with hte right of passage and Open borders. I hate those dam missionaries but do not mind hte trade.... :p

religion spread along trade routes so not happening (IMHO)

Hello,

Trying to download and it says I must have ROM installed - which I do. Wondering if I can manually install this somehow as the installer does not recognize I have ROM installed...

About that sources for beta3 upload:

I downloaded it because I got consistent CTD after just one end turn. I did not had it when Revolutions and Exposed Revolutions were off, but I turned on them after finally understanding Financial Troubles. Well CTDs happened and unlike StrategyOnly I'm ready to get my hands dirty debugging using debug attach process.

Well to make the story interesting, after I compiled the Debug DLL and attached the process.... I got no crash at all :confused:.

So my question is:
Is your sources upload over-updated?

PS: Compiling Final Release DLL now, as we are speaking...

--->:lmao:<--- religion spread along trade routes so not happening (IMHO)

IMO, I think you may want to cool down that LMAO emoticon to when you are really laughing with a friendly humor. Two times so far seemed to me like you were scorning, the first time, in another thread, you were mocking Afforess' statement that Marx twisted USA (that I agree with you on but will disagree more politely). The second time is here... Better to just say that it is doubtful because the trade routes are natural way the religions spread in history.

My :commerce:s :D.

IMO, I think you may want to cool down that LMAO emoticon to when you are really laughing with a friendly humor. Two times so far seemed to me like you were scorning, the first time, in another thread, you were mocking Afforess' statement that Marx twisted USA (that I agree with you on but will disagree more politely). The second time is here... Better to just say that it is doubtful because the trade routes are natural way the religions spread in history.

My :commerce:s :D.

my mind is a scary place, I have ADHD+Aspergers+Dyslexia+Dysgraphia+Bipolar... If I appear rude, that is probably because I am socially ******ed (but not mentally); I fail to understand Metaphors, Slang, Sarcasm and most Humor so...

Also I don't take medications

You mean something like :"Free Trade", which allows trade but stops all units from entering? I could... but I'm not sure that's very realistic. What does everyone else think?

With absolutely no disrespect intended Civking, you sound like a complete basket-case! However do your parents and you manage? (I have classic Asperger's, so I can sympathise to some limited extent.)

About that sources for beta3 upload:

I downloaded it because I got consistent CTD after just one end turn. I did not had it when Revolutions and Exposed Revolutions were off, but I turned on them after finally understanding Financial Troubles. Well CTDs happened and unlike StrategyOnly I'm ready to get my hands dirty debugging using debug attach process.

Well to make the story interesting, after I compiled the Debug DLL and attached the process.... I got no crash at all :confused:.

So my question is:
Is your sources upload over-updated?

PS: Compiling Final Release DLL now, as we are speaking...

That source code is identical to the beta3 code. I create a branch immediately, and don't touch it again.

I know about that, which is why debugging is so frusterating. Debug dll's don't crash when Final releases do!

(I have classic Asperger's, so I can sympathise to some limited extent.)

Isn't that a contradiction? If you have Asperger's, you don't feel emotions like "normal"* people do.

*PS, the normal universe isn't so great.

You mean something like :"Free Trade", which allows trade but stops all units from entering? I could... but I'm not sure that's very realistic. What does everyone else think?
non-realistic but I like it
With absolutely no disrespect intended Civking, [1]you sound like a complete basket-case! [2]However do your parents and you manage? (I have classic Asperger's, so I can sympathise to some limited extent.)

[1] none taken
[2] complete elimination of everything with Artificial Colors+Flavors+MSG+TBHQ+TBHA...

I mostly drift along in school, doing well on multiple choice tests (because I learn the materials) getting horrific grades on research papers and what have you.

I get no accommodations, I struggle through school :( basically my life sucks and I play video games to escape life,

some of my problems are caused/increased by laziness but why do something if you know you will fail miserably...

I'm going to join AROTC to beat some discipline into me (perhaps literally) and so I can go to a university that costs $35,000 a year in tuition alone with a wonderful computer science class which I will be majoring in

I'm going to join AROTC to beat some discipline into me (perhaps literally) and so I can go to a university that costs $35,000 a year in tuition alone with a wonderful computer science class which I will be majoring in

I approve :goodjob:.

Computer Science & Programming is fun.

As for the free trade idea, why should any AI accept the deal? If they have better trade routes already, then I'll code them to refuse it. So, if I add it, good luck getting them to accept it.

That source code is identical to the beta3 code. I create a branch immediately, and don't touch it again.

I know about that, which is why debugging is so frusterating. Debug dll's don't crash when Final releases do!

Ok, then the next best thing is to make screenshot of the Assert message when the crash was supposed to happen. Be back with it in a few.

Ok, then the next best thing is to make screenshot of the Assert message when the crash was supposed to happen. Be back with it in a few.

Here you go...

Isn't that a contradiction? If you have Asperger's, you don't feel emotions like "normal"* people do.

*PS, the normal universe isn't so great.
No, I don't feel emotions or read social situations like normal people do. However, I'm not a sociopath :p You can also keep your "normal" world :)

80 turns into a new Beta3 game and it seems to be running smoothly, except for the Victory screen of course. I can't stand the stripes though, as I'd much rather you kept the normal blueish screen, rather than the stripy one.

I downloaded it because I got consistent CTD after just one end turn. I did not had it when Revolutions and Exposed Revolutions were off, but I turned on them after finally understanding Financial Troubles. Well CTDs happened...

Seem I'm wrong here. It have nothing to do with Revolutions/Exposed Revolutions. something else then. I'll have to wait till you tell us what option caused that crash.

Meanwhile, I will have to test each option while waiting for your reply. Painful because it crash and with about 7 or 8 extra civs, it takes some time for RoM to load :lol:.

No, I don't feel emotions or read social situations like normal people do. However, I'm not a sociopath :p You can also keep your "normal" world :)

80 turns into a new Beta3 game and it seems to be running smoothly, except for the Victory screen of course. I can't stand the stripes though, as I'd much rather you kept the normal blueish screen, rather than the stripy one.

Eh, the world and I get in a lot of disagreements. It's a love-hate relationship.

As for the victory screen... I know, I know...

Here you go...

Seem I'm wrong here. It have nothing to do with Revolutions/Exposed Revolutions. something else then. I'll have to wait till you tell us what option caused that crash.

Meanwhile, I will have to test each option while waiting for your reply. Painful because it crash and with about 7 or 8 extra civs, it takes some time for RoM to load :lol:.

Try adding this right below line 1793 in CvGlobals, compile a final release, and see if it still crashes.

Code:
    if (e < 0)
        return 0;

Try adding this right below line 1793 in CvGlobals, compile a final release, and see if it still crashes.

Code:
    if (e < 0)
        return 0;

Compiling now... Should have results up in an hour or more...

Code:
    if (e < 0)
        return 0;

I got compiling error... Here is the message...

CvGlobals.cpp(1795) : error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'CvInfoBase &'
A reference that is not to 'const' cannot be bound to a non-lvalue

I got compiling error... Here is the message...

CvGlobals.cpp(1795) : error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'CvInfoBase &'
A reference that is not to 'const' cannot be bound to a non-lvalue

Awesome, that complicates things. Do you have an autosave from the turn before? The best way to nab the cause is to trace it backwards. The odd part is that I checked, and the Month is only used to draw the year on the screen...

Top Bottom