A New Hope: A Star Wars Mafia Game (Game Thread)

Reasons ICBM is almost certainly very very evil and very very powerful:
1) Mace Windu (good guy) wanted him dead - evil +1
2) He can escape a jedi vigilante kill - powerful +1
3) He can escape a lynch - powerful +1
4) He refused to defend himself in spite of all the public accusations (why not just talk to Earthling who is almost certainly innocent at the very least?) - evil +1
5) Reasons 2 and 3 make him the very probably THE MOST POWERFUL CHARACTER IN THE GAME KNOWN THUS FAR.

Conclusion: Palpatine

Krikey. Yeah, I'd say he's Palpatine also.

Reasons ICBM is almost certainly very very evil and very very powerful:
1) Mace Windu (good guy) wanted him dead - evil +1
2) He can escape a jedi vigilante kill - powerful +1
3) He can escape a lynch - powerful +1
4) He refused to defend himself in spite of all the public accusations (why not just talk to Earthling who is almost certainly innocent at the very least?) - evil +1
5) Reasons 2 and 3 make him the very probably THE MOST POWERFUL CHARACTER IN THE GAME KNOWN THUS FAR.

Conclusion: Palpatine

Is it possible that Mace Windu knew who ICBM was on Night 1?

Would a good vigilante choose someone at random and possibly kill one on his side?

At the start of the game I wondered if it might be like LotR mafia game where you have a good cover role and a bad real role for the mafia but I don't think this is the case here. I think Mace Windu is genuinely an innocent.

I don't think it was a random attack. My best guess is that there has been talk happening in the background that we are not aware of (see my complaints about being out of the loop!) and it became apparent that ICBM was mafia.

Right. I forgot that SS-18 ICBM was acting all evil on day 1. What he said in the game thread may have been enough to incite Mace Windu to vig him.

Im not sure ICBM is so powerful, in strength. When hes invisible he dont need to be powerful to escape. If hes Palpatine though, I guess his powerful.

FROM THE GAME RULES
STRENGTH
Every player in the game has a strength stat. However, unlike most Mafia/NotW games on here, strength is based on a scale of 1 – 10 (as opposed to 1 – 5). So what does strength matter? It matters for night kills. If you are attacked at night, one of the following situations will take place (not considering abilities/items):

Situation: Your strength is equal to your attacker’s strength.
Result: You leave the fight unscathed.

Situation: Your strength is 1+ lower than your attacker’s strength.
Result: You die.

If you are the attacker at night, one of the following situations will take place (not considering abilities/items):

Situation: Your strength is greater than your victim’s strength.
Result: You kill your victim.

Situation: Your strength is equal to your victim’s strength.
Result: You leave the fight without injury, but so does your victim.

Situation: Your strength is 1 lower than your victim’s strength.
Result: You are injured.

Situation: Your strength is 2+ lower than your victim’s strength.
Result: You die.

Your strength will always be listed as: Base Strength (Effective Strength)

If he was palpatine, surely he would be more powerful than Mace Windu and kill Mace- or at least injure him.

Now, I wasn't in the LotR game, but I heard you guys couldn't lynch or touch Sauron until his minions had been killed off. So, that situation it could be palpatine.

Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe he is not palpatine. Evil? Absolutely. Palpatine? Perhaps not.

Well I think that mace windu attacked him, but I'm not so sure that it was strength that decided the outcome. It has to be some sort of ability. Is there anyone so far that is a confirmed innocent?

Renata. :p

I WILL FLY AWAY TODAY AND BE BACK AT SATURDAY! I WILL HAVE ZERO ACCESS TO THE NET.

and

I must say that I don't think that SS is a really bad guy. Being invisible isn't an asset for the siths. He might be neutral or something.

Oh and this is the only creature I found that's invisible...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Invisible_lizards

In one of the episodes of the Clone Wars animated show, Padme, C3P0, and R2, and maybe Obi-wan & Anakin, were on some ice planet that had a cave with lightsaber crystals (and 1 Jedi & 1 apprentice were trapped inside). There were some invisible droids shooting at Padme and the comic relief duo.

If anyone's curious, she threw out her fancy pants cape in the open to draw their fire and shot one. I think she then used C3P0 as bait to get the rest.

Is it possible that Mace Windu knew who ICBM was on Night 1?

Would a good vigilante choose someone at random and possibly kill one on his side?

Possible; yes.

Evil.

Although it pains me to do so, I must admit that I distrust this instant jump to Palpatine as well. I think the majority of the reasoning behind it is the fact that Sauron was so invulnerable in the LotR Mafia game, and that's shaky reasoning at best.

Now, is he good? Probably not. But the sureness of some people's assertations that he is, in fact, the BBEG isn't actually as solid as they'd like to believe.

I don't think it was a random attack. My best guess is that there has been talk happening in the background that we are not aware of (see my complaints about being out of the loop!) and it became apparent that ICBM was mafia.

I think it's really simple, and this might be the wrong way to approach it. I hope you've read the thread, but I'll make it simple:

You should notice several people pointed out ICBM acting evil on the first day/night, in this thread. That's probably what keyed off Mace.

Secondly, if you want to be "in the loop" and you're Innocent you should probably talk/respond to me, especially before I die tonight if that's going to happen. I'd say it's pretty sure I'm Innocent, despite what Jabba/certain bounty hunters may have been campaigning about, and as such, my primary goal is in fact eliminating the Mafia, and well secondary I care about Leia so I'm not out for anything but the collective interests. If you're Mafia you're already "in the loop" with somebody too, but just keeping on asking that isn't going to get anywhere. ;)

Also, Love, very interesting talk about the invisible lizards :lol:

Has anyone realized that Love might be another powerful evil person. He may be innocent, but there is nothing that says that, that I can recall. So we may be dealing with multiple people like ICBM.

I think it's really simple, and this might be the wrong way to approach it. I hope you've read the thread, but I'll make it simple:

You should notice several people pointed out ICBM acting evil on the first day/night, in this thread. That's probably what keyed off Mace.

Secondly, if you want to be "in the loop" and you're Innocent you should probably talk/respond to me, especially before I die tonight if that's going to happen. I'd say it's pretty sure I'm Innocent, despite what Jabba/certain bounty hunters may have been campaigning about, and as such, my primary goal is in fact eliminating the Mafia, and well secondary I care about Leia so I'm not out for anything but the collective interests. If you're Mafia you're already "in the loop" with somebody too, but just keeping on asking that isn't going to get anywhere. ;)

Also, Love, very interesting talk about the invisible lizards :lol:

I did PM you the 1st day but you said that you only had time to talk to Jedis/Leia/other powerful people. So I left it at that. I would PM you more but at the moment I don't have anything in particular to discuss...

Yay. Two super powerful evil characters.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the Death Star will be another character.

I would think the Death Star as a character is so inspired I'd forgive it though. And Bad Player, you're right, sorry about the cold shoulder, but the first day no one (should have...who knows about Jabba/Mafia) knew my identity and I still think a couple were bounty hunters trying to scope out my strength. If you need to get into contact with other Innocents I would help you but if you have nothing to say, well, good luck anyway.

The Death Star was sarcasm, by the way.

BBEG = Big Bad Evil Guy :)

Top Bottom