A Pet Peeve: Ancient Towers

MaxAstro

Spiral Knight
Why, oh why are Ancient Towers not razeable? I can't tell you how many times I have needed to build something on an Ancient Tower's tile, and have had to wait until it upgrades to raze it. The worst part is when you want to found a city on that tile, then you are well and truly screwed.

It simply makes no sense for them to be indestructible when the buildings they upgrade into are not...

Echo'd majorly. Pain in the behind, especially when they are on a good spot for a city, but you can't build on top of it :(.

I hate all forts, I wish there was an option so no forts were made at all. Stupid workers make them everywhere and I hate having to micromanage everything they do.

You could edit your XML to remove them. Either change the BuildInfos for forts to make it impossible to find valid terrain (Or require the TECH_NEVER), or change the UnitInfos to remove the ability from all workers.

word... and what's up with workers building forts EVERYWHERE??

yea, I found that out when I tried to make workers do auto trade routes or something and they went and built forts on resources which I wanted to keep. This is with vanilla BTS though, I'm sure there is the same flaw with automating in FfH. I don't really like to do automation of the workers anyway.

forts hook up resources just like building a city ontop of it. Workers build forts outside your cities workable area, because the tile yield isn't used anyway and the fort is better defendable.

forts hook up resources just like building a city ontop of it. Workers build forts outside your cities workable area, because the tile yield isn't used anyway and the fort is better defendable.

Huh? Do they? So I don't need animal husbandry to get sheep I just need to build a fort?

You still need the appropriate tech. Bu you can build the fort, and the sheep will be available as soon as you get the tech. You lose the bonus for the pasture, though.

You still need the appropriate tech. Bu you can build the fort, and the sheep will be available as soon as you get the tech. You lose the bonus for the pasture, though.

That is true in BtS, but Kael removed this feature in FfH. At one point he allowed Citadels to harness resource, but he got tires of people reporting boats on land tiles with citadels as bugs, so he removed it. (The ability to harness all resources was controlled by the same tag as makes it posible for all units to move there, namely, <bActAsCity>)

Hey MaxAstro, how about you stop B_I_T_C_H_I_N_G about this mod for once. If you have so many problems with it why dont you just play vanilla CIV? Seriously it seems like every other day im reading non stop complaints out of your mouth. Maybe the moderators of this forum will do us all a favor and ban your account

Moderator Action: If he posts in a civil manner, and makes decent threads & posts, then that is fine by me.

Your comments, on the other hand, that add nothing to the discuss but serve only to inflame, are not.

Trolling - warned.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

That is true in BtS, but Kael removed this feature in FfH. At one point he allowed Citadels to harness resource, but he got tires of people reporting boats on land tiles with citadels as bugs, so he removed it. (The ability to harness all resources was controlled by the same tag as makes it posible for all units to move there, namely, <bActAsCity>)

Oh ActsAsCity tag, how I miss thee. I'm actually glad you pointed this out, I just realized I needed to make them razable for myself.

If Citadels have ActsAsCity set, does that also mean that Hawks can rebase to them? Does this allow Hawks to rebase to neutral Citadels, as well, or those of people you have open borders agreements with? (I would test it myself, but it's late and I'm far too tired, so I'll just pester someone who knows... :) )

Also, thread got hijacked, lol. :) But that's okay, the bug with workers building forts is another pet peeve of mine. :p

If Citadels have ActsAsCity set, does that also mean that Hawks can rebase to them? Does this allow Hawks to rebase to neutral Citadels, as well, or those of people you have open borders agreements with?

That would be good. It would help to have a way to get a Hawk to a new continent to assist with exploration.

Am I stoned or isn't it the same way with forts in vanilla BTS? I thought they took that ability out for some other reason. I never had any problem with the ability when it was in.

That and I didnt like that the Ai (and automated workers) were building forts on raw mana nodes to try to hook them up. I wanted to force certain improvements for certain resources and allowing forts to collect all of them wasnt good.

I may make towers razeable.

Workers usually won't build forts close to each other, but they do start building forts beside each other. So if a bunch of workers get access to new land at the same time they all think "there is no fort, we need a fort here!" and they all start building different forts. But if there was one fort there none of them would build another. I need to hammer that logic out a bit better.

Actually, they are still doing that, such as putting a mine on a raw mana node and I think I saw a fort on a mana node in my last game. I think they used the mana nodes the normal way once they had the ability though.

Top Bottom